Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

IOA Galactic Marine Backpack Meets the Tiger Mando (Complete) 3/22/12

• 18 Replies

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
As the title says, I purchased one of IOA's fantastic and beautiful b-pull backpacks (that is actually an a-pull but he tested primer on it ;D so he sold it as a B) that I intend to use for my new kit. Well after having it sit in my corner for freaking ever, now that I have pretty much every material that I need to assemble the kit I went to work on getting my back armor/pack set up.

I spent about 2 hours today just scratch building a backplate that I could mount the pack to. Wasn't hard, just slow going. Let that be a note to everyone, if you don't have anyone to help you shape your armor and you need to do your backplate, take it nice and slow, don't rush it. It'll come out beautiful I guarantee. So, I still have more work to do on this. I just got the basic plate set up and mounted the pack. I still have to fill the seems between the to, add the details, and well paint.

Anyway here are the pictures I won't bother you all with the details of the day anymore.

Checking shape and fit on the backplate before I finished cutting. Remember its always easier to cut than add. Trim away little by little what you don't need. Don't just go chopping massive amounts away until you know how it fits and what needs to stay and what needs to go.

Mounted IOA (Imperial Outpost Armory)'s Galactic Marine Backpack. It has tabs on it to help mounting to the actual GM backplate that he sells. I utilized these to mount this pack. I lined it up marked where the tabs sat, sliced through the backplate, slipped them through, heated them with the heat gun and bent them to secure the pack. This thing is solid and it isn't going anywhere! As you can see I also added the minute details like the iconic rear neck guard the boba plates have to the backplate (look at the top...)

Now see how it looks on you! You know did a good job with the backplate when it sits well on you without tape. ;D

« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2013, 02:12 AM by Drak Fiurr Verda » Logged

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: IOA Galactic Marine Backpack Meets the Tiger Mando
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2013, 07:25 PM »
Niiiice...all you gotta do is cut a bottom slot, drop some paper towels in that baby, and you'll be the HandyMando!  :P

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2013, 07:36 PM »
Niiiice...all you gotta do is cut a bottom slot, drop some paper towels in that baby, and you'll be the HandyMando!  :P

Rob

YES. That would be so helpful during outdoors troopings.

:laugh: Looks neat, Drak. Can't wait to see it finished and striped!

he/him
black lives matter!

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2013, 07:38 PM »
Oh don't you to tempt me, cause I'll do it! lol

redkraytdragon

• Disintigrations are likely...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2013, 02:32 AM »
Looks great so far bro! Thanks for sharing this link, I'll definitely be watching this thread  8)

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2013, 06:30 AM »
I'm sorry...I'm just getting over the fact that you actually showed your real face in a picture. You're kind of like Boba Fett that way - once you see him, you're doomed!

:P

Seriously, looking good, John!

dAVid.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:29 AM »
I'm sorry...I'm just getting over the fact that you actually showed your real face in a picture.
dAVid.

^^^This.^^^

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2013, 09:19 AM »
I'm sorry...I'm just getting over the fact that you actually showed your real face in a picture. You're kind of like Boba Fett that way - once you see him, you're doomed!

:P

Seriously, looking good, John!

dAVid.

Lol I was gonna put my helmet on, but I was tired, hadn't slept yet that day coming off of work, straight to school, then home to work on armor; so I just wanted to get it done lol. Enjoy it, for it shall be the last.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2013, 03:38 PM »
Looks Cool Vod ;) Looking forward to seeing it come together ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Sirus the Red

• Now with OM status! #802 (Sy-rus, not Sir-ius!)
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:55 AM »
....Still think you should incorporate a karaoke into that thing... :laugh:

But seriously, you already know hoe much I love that thing, but I have to say it again; it looks great, excited to see what you do with it.

And also, completely stole that tab idea for attaching my thrusters to my back plate. Thanks for the inspiration!  :D

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur!
(Today is a good day for someone else to die!)

Armor WIP thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52662.0

Weapon projects WIP thread
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=55824.15

deviantArt
http://argnarock.deviantart.com/

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2013, 02:12 AM »
Okay the backpack has been finished. I'm rather happy with it. Completely different from what I planned originally in all honestly, but I think it turned out better than my plans. Excuse the crappy phone flash pictures. All of what looks like black blobs of a horrible paint job in these pictures look much better in person. The camera really ruined it here :/.

This shows how the wireless transceiver connects to the voice amp in the chest from the inside of the backpack. Its supposed "In Universe" purpose for Drak is a high tech com unit, and its real life purpose is a com unit :D.

transceiver

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
That looks really good man! Like it was always meant to be :)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
Very Nice vod ;)

How secure is the blaster when its attached ?

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
Very Nice vod ;)

How secure is the blaster when its attached ?

That blaster isn't going anywhere.

redkraytdragon

• Disintigrations are likely...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Came out great dude. I love the vents you added in the circles, sharp idea  8)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!