Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Animal Skins and Armor

• 2 Replies

Zimeatswaffels

• Loyalty beyond Death
Animal Skins and Armor
« on: Feb 02, 2013, 11:21 AM »
I wasn't 100% where to post this. XD I am sorry if I'm in the wrong.

My question: I have added a full body wolf skin to my shoulder cape. Up by my neck. What are the rules on animal skins? Its a legal skin, raised for the pelt. But I'm concerned wither or not I can use the skin in official armor?

Loyalty beyond Death

Ruusaan Ordo

• Profile Pic by Senaar Ordo
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Animal Skins and Armor
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2013, 04:20 PM »
This has been discussed before. :) Check this thread for all the details:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=55282.0

But here's the relevant bit:

If it's legal under Federal, Country, State, County, Municipal laws and doesnt violate the clubs "gore" caveat, it's fine.

So, even if it were obtained legally 300 years ago, I wouldnt use an ivory tusk from an elephant. But, a squirrel hide you tanned last week is fine.

That said, if I were going to have furs on my costume I would use real ones. I dont care how good the fakes are. They never look and feel as good as the real deal.

I wouldnt advertise it beyond having it on the costume. If anyone asked, real or fake, Id tell them it's them this "It's just a costume prop" and either move along or swing the conversation elsewhere.

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Vega, Leah, Remo, Aaron

MMCC#0503-MAJIC#23-M.A.#103-MTS#15-QMG#05

PTCES by Niabi Vok'Chi, on Flickr

Zimeatswaffels

• Loyalty beyond Death
Re: Animal Skins and Armor
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2013, 05:40 PM »
This has been discussed before. :) Check this thread for all the details:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=55282.0

But here's the relevant bit:

Thanks again. That was much needed info ^^ the thread was awesome as well. I had a women, when I bought the pelt, accuse me of being an animal killer. I couldn't help but point out as she was eating a turkey leg, that she was no better then me and had no reason to berate me animal 'murder'

Loyalty beyond Death

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!