Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Uur a'Den Female Late Crusader...UPDATEx5

• 37 Replies
Uur a'Den Female Late Crusader...UPDATEx5
« on: Feb 05, 2013, 07:27 PM »
This is a sketch of the helmet I want to make. The clay is the beginning of the helmet.

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2013, 08:15 PM by Uur a'Den » Logged
The four horseman of the apocalypse are visiting today, and they are not bringing flowers, which makes it really hard to get organized.
Re: Uur a'Den Female Late Crusader
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:34 PM »
Ok here's a update I realize it is uneven in spots, I would really like to know what you guys or gals think of the overall design.

The four horseman of the apocalypse are visiting today, and they are not bringing flowers, which makes it really hard to get organized.

ray'K

• cat# 0238
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Medic Brigade Member
Re: Uur a'Den Female Late Crusader...UPDATE
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2013, 09:57 PM »
great.....so we're BOTH gonna have TT's? 
lol

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:05 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the TT come together ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:23 PM »
This is great,

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2013, 05:33 PM »
That helmet looks wicked!!

OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2013, 05:48 PM »
Looks pretty cool. I'll be watching this

« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2013, 07:15 PM »
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I will be working on it tonight. Yes ray'k we will have TT this means that we will be double cool  8)

Re: Uur a'Den Female Late Crusader...UPDATE #2
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2013, 11:40 PM »
Ok here is the new pics. I put a placeholder hose on top of the helmet (because it was the first one I could find) I'm not sure if that is the hose I'm using or not. There is still a couple of places that are uneven, to tired tonight to fix it. Please let me know what you think.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Uur a'Den Female Late Crusader...UPDATEx2
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2013, 11:26 AM »
Looks cool ;)

But in that bottom pic the visor looks a bit wonky  ??? might just be the angel of the pic though?

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Dha a'den

• after a bounty why do i always need a mop? Cat#687
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2013, 11:36 AM »
I think its the angle of the pic. When I say it in person straight on it looks even.  I am really liking this helmet a lot. Very well done keep up the work.

Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh Wagh'nagl Fhtagn IA! IA!

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Loving how this is turning out.  Not alot of TT's out there, and this is shaping up nicely.

Are you doing anything to the back half of the helmet ?  Keyslots, indents, greebs, etc ?

« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2013, 03:44 PM »
Yay Questions. Great catch Niabi Let me explain. When I made the armature or form I used plastic bags that i stuffed with newspaper. This allows me to reuse my clay and adds wiggle room when shaping the basic form. the downside is I sacrifice a small amount of structural integrity, hence the lean. I have spent close to 20 hours on this so far and about 2 of those hours were measuring. if you look at the first pic you can see that on the bottom right side is a clay tool propping it up. Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention.

Thank you Rokeim Gekla. I was going to leave it as is, but now that you mentioned it I think I will put something there.

Thanks to everyone for checking out my helmet and all of the input.       

« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2013, 06:59 PM »
I forgot one detail,
in my long winded explanation the whole helmet is tilted to the right slightly
oops

ray'K

• cat# 0238
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #14 on: Feb 10, 2013, 10:37 PM »
i like how you put the hose on top.  it looks like a pony-tail and adds some femininity to it.
and yes, we will be double cool!

« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2013, 08:34 PM »
A small update. I'm at the annoying stage of getting everything straight and even. How's this for the back to make it more interesting?

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Uur a'Den Female Late Crusader...UPDATEx3
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2013, 08:53 PM »
Lookin great  ;D

I love watching this project, it really exciting to see something this original!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Eurok Ker

• Merc # 394
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Uur a'Den Female Late Crusader...UPDATEx3
« Reply #17 on: Feb 16, 2013, 02:14 PM »
The head gear is coming along great! I love to see hand made stuff.

[img width=650 height=162]http://[/img
Re: Uur a'Den Female Late Crusader...UPDATEx4
« Reply #18 on: Feb 21, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Finally progress. My husband and I caste the helmet the mold broke, but I have a useable cast so here is photos.

« Reply #19 on: Feb 22, 2013, 10:22 PM »
Going to cut out the visor, and bottom edge. Here's to hopping it fits my large melon.

ray'K

• cat# 0238
« Reply #20 on: Feb 23, 2013, 08:11 PM »
nice.

« Reply #21 on: Feb 24, 2013, 04:23 PM »
Thanks

Re: Uur a'Den Female Late Crusader...UPDATEx5
« Reply #22 on: Feb 24, 2013, 06:53 PM »
Ok I did a rough cut on the helmet (I know it's not straight) I cut outside the lines because I was afraid to mess it up. IT FITS! I was so worried about that. So I still have a metric butt-ton of work to do on it, but I'm to tired to work on detail stuff.

So I'm going to work on my boots. I purchased these at Kmart for 20$. No annoying zippers, or buckles to cover, nice and easy.

I took spray paint and painted them and took a paper towel and wiped them down before they dried to much. To try and get the muddy look. Because we all know space is really dirty.

Tact Kor

« Reply #23 on: Feb 24, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Helmet look great, I can't wait to see it painted!

What are you planning for armor?

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

« Reply #24 on: Feb 25, 2013, 05:50 AM »
Having problems with that. I know what I want my chest plate to look like,but that's about it. There are so many options for shoulders,legs. I want a girth belt, I have a friend that will make it. I'm doing a loin cloth because I don't like the look of the female cod. I want thigh plates, so no kama because I don't want to cover up what I'm doing. I think my boots will pass. My hubby thinks I should sketch it out but I can't draw. the Drawing at the front of my wip was drawn by him. I feel like if I get the helmet done the rest will follow, at least that's my plan for now. I want my colors to be purple, green, and black.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!