Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vult Tavik's Jango Fett (Pic Heavy)- COMPLETE!

• 83 Replies

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Vult Tavik's Jango Fett (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2013, 05:42 AM »
The swoop seems to be on the outside... He's got it right.

Cool!  I couldn't tell, so...nevermind!   :D

IG  -  @mandodrummer1
FB  -  https://www.facebook.com/mandodrummer1
Band stuff IG - @tommyfrenzyrules
Band stuff FB - https://www.facebook.com/tommyfrenzyrules/

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
« Reply #16 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:55 AM »
This looks great, but please keep atleast one Martin or Taylor, it's good for the soul  ;)

I am keeping my Martin  and all my telecasters, one explorer, and one strat... :laugh:

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #18 on: Feb 08, 2013, 09:00 AM »
Pics in kit playing guitar. Now. :P

Isn't it incredible how many belts we end up wearing with these things?

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: Feb 08, 2013, 09:04 AM »
Yep...swoop is right.  Derp.  Loving this!

IG  -  @mandodrummer1
FB  -  https://www.facebook.com/mandodrummer1
Band stuff IG - @tommyfrenzyrules
Band stuff FB - https://www.facebook.com/tommyfrenzyrules/

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2013, 09:37 AM »
one word.....

Awesome ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #21 on: Feb 08, 2013, 10:50 AM »
Very impressive  8)

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
« Reply #22 on: Feb 08, 2013, 11:08 AM »
Pics in kit playing guitar. Now. :P

Isn't it incredible how many belts we end up wearing with these things?

I keep forgetting to do that! I assume Remo's thread is still running about that?

Very impressive  8)
one word.....

Awesome ;D
Yep...swoop is right.  Derp.  Loving this!

Thanks Vode! It has been a lot of very rewarding work so far and it is getting so close that it is almost bittersweet. It will be great to have it done and have a full canon kit, but I have learned a lot of new methods and will now have to rotate my kits.

Vult Tavik

« Reply #23 on: Feb 08, 2013, 11:28 AM »
Wow, that's amazing. Could you explain how you made the girth belt in more detail? It's outstanding.  :o

Here is Cruzers step-by-step that I followed:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/j...results-13558/

My only variances were:
- I used a 7mm bolo (found on Ebay) 30 meters @ $75
- I order the natural version so I didn't have to use acetone to remove previous paint/ dye
- I first made the belt 7" wide as described, but that was way too big. I had to cut off an inch. The 501st CRL states approximately 5", then adjust according to your height. The SEEKER ammo pouches just looked too small against a 7" belt, but I think they look fine against 6" and you don't want it too small since it closes the gap from the cod to a few inches below the ab armor. That is the biggest problem I see with some other Jango's out there- too much gap between ab armor and top of girth. Check the screen caps and images from TDH and you'll know what I mean.

It wasn't too expensive- I spent $160 at Tandy leather for the backing and leather weld & leather cement, plus $75 on the bolo leather from ebay. However, I have a LOT of left overs on everything but the bolo's. I may use the extra leather to try my hand at making a new Han Solo holster rig. Or maybe I'll make a couple more of these girth belts since they sell pretty well. The problem is they are a lot of working gluing all the strands on. I watched two full Star Wars Movies while gluing all the strands down, lol.

Tempest

• The Villain
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #25 on: Feb 08, 2013, 12:42 PM »
That is one handsome Jango bucket, vod. o_o

Zyras "Tempest" Marek/Tobi Ryn.
New build: Legacy - WIP.

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #26 on: Feb 08, 2013, 12:52 PM »
I think your colours are spot on, but I'm a little concerned about the wonkyness of the cheek curve paint there, where it meets the silver. The line looks rather uneven.

Granted I've not looked at references in a while, maybe the original does this too ;)

I love those MR's.

Vult Tavik

« Reply #27 on: Feb 08, 2013, 01:16 PM »
 POO- you are spot on with that and I still have some touch-up I need to do on it, I was just waiting until I get to the weathering stage (this weekend) and I will be finishing it off with a paint brush.

Thanks!

That is one handsome Jango bucket, vod. o_o

Thank you Tempest

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #28 on: Feb 08, 2013, 06:40 PM »
Extremely nice,  8)

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Vult Tavik

« Reply #29 on: Feb 11, 2013, 10:35 PM »
I had my daughter help me take some pre-app pics tonight:

My chest armor bunched up a little so I may have to adjust them. It definitely looks different off, lol.

So this is what I still have left to do:

- padding in helmet

- my chest plates bunched up a bit on me so I need to move them further out

- I have to cut off the extra nylon strapping from the harness now that I know what I need to use

- my harness straps we're not even in the back so my jet pack was crooked

- knee's could use a little velcro to keep them in place, they slid down a little

- could maybe trim an inch off the back armor, can't tell if it was hitting the girth in back or not

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!