Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

BobaFiend's Jetpack Harness

• 7 Replies

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
BobaFiend's Jetpack Harness
« on: Feb 16, 2013, 01:19 AM »
I guess this would technically go in the Soft Parts section but I feel it's more applicable here.  I've been trooping now for almost a year with my belt-webbing style jetpack harness and while it is functional it is really hard on my back for those long convention days.  This is my new harness, drafted to my body shape, that will hopefully help me distribute the weight across my chest and ease the strain of carrying the jetpack all day.  If you're interested in this design, check out Arturo's (SEEKER) thread on TDH as all my work is derivative of his.
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/jango-fett-harness-v3-41986/

I'm almost finished, I just need to measure where my jetpack hooks currently lie so I can mark their new placement.

Regards,
Austin

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: BobaFiend's Jetpack Harness
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2013, 03:13 AM »
Nice man! That's pretty similar to mine, (which I based on Seeker's) and I find it to be really good. It distributes the weight well and makes it easy to wear the JP for an extended period of time.

BobaFiend

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2013, 10:23 PM »
All finished!

I couldn't locally source the webbing or clips for this so I used the same ones from my old harness.  Nice and weathered already. 

Tact Kor

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 04:14 PM »
Hey vod

How is this harness working out for you? It is better than webbing?

What/how does the JP attach?

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

BobaFiend

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 10:17 PM »
It's pretty decent. It's a bit of an improvement, but not as much as I would like.  I can take some photos and PM them to you of how the JP works.  It's hard to type out. 

Stinkape

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2014, 07:57 AM »
I know this is an older posting, but how much heat is added to your suit ? I'm redoing mine now and  i'm curious..

Remember your start, and seek your future !

BobaFiend

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2014, 01:37 PM »
Now that's a thread I've not seen in a long time. A lonnng time.

It's really not too bad. If I were to do it all again I would make it out of thinner cotton. I used duckcloth and I think I would have gone with a sports twill or something like that instead.  I wear under armor, flight suit, harness, vest, and armor. So really it's not that much more of a burden since the heat centers (my pits) are still exposed.

Stinkape

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2014, 07:16 AM »
Thank you !  8)

Remember your start, and seek your future !

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!