Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Wes' ESB Fett Build

• 55 Replies

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build
« Reply #25 on: Jun 29, 2013, 11:58 PM »
Love the weathering, it photographs well!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Jun 30, 2013, 12:49 PM »
looking cool Vod ;) nice work

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
« Reply #27 on: Jul 01, 2013, 03:20 PM »
Where did you get that 4th shin tool? You know, the shiny one that looks like an extension for a socket set  :laugh:

« Reply #28 on: Jul 16, 2013, 09:37 PM »
Where did you get that 4th shin tool? You know, the shiny one that looks like an extension for a socket set  :laugh:

Hahaha I've actually decided to go with the "real" shin tool and use RafalFett's measurements... screw the visual dictionary...

Speaking of which... I'll have every part in hand in a couple weeks. Just need a harness and the guns. Sttttttoked.

« Reply #29 on: Jul 26, 2013, 01:12 AM »
Update time! I got my ammo belt and toe spikes in the mail! What's not pictured is my chest display which I need armor to mount it in. I made the switch from BM to RKD armor so not only will I get that in the mail next week I was able to purchase everything else I needed. I'm about 6'3" so I figured I should go for the bigger stuff. Here are some HD pics of my progress.. just waiting on RKD armor, woodman braids and cape, a 3D printed sidearm and a Sidewinder EE3!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #30 on: Jul 26, 2013, 02:25 AM »
I'm getting a serious case of armour envy right now man! That is looking superb 8)

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #31 on: Jul 26, 2013, 06:28 AM »
Looking sharp, my man! I love your ESB build  ;)

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0
« Reply #32 on: Jul 31, 2013, 11:04 AM »
Thank you guys so much!

My RKD armor came in the mail yesterday and it's safe to say I was ecstatic over it..

Tried it on with my gear too (minus gaunts. had to hold it up so they were getting in the way)

And here's a brief layout of most of my parts. Not in this picture: my finished jetpack with aluminum beacon w/ light (thanks dark-side!), my aluminum knee darts, keyboard shoulder studs and Fettronics chest display.

Aiming to be done and ready to submit approval pics to the 501st on the weekend of the 24th. I'm waiting on a Kcr7pr harness, a 3D printed sidearm from AprilStorm, a finished EE3 from Sidewinder and a cape/braids combo from Woodman. Then I'm done for now. No upgrading for awhile haha. Though I love the look of the new FPH2 so that might be a must upgrade around the holidays.

As always let me know what you guys think! Armor is taped in place in this photos and not properly attached. I'm not sure if I want to go snaps or bolts for the attachment. Since this stuff is vacuumformed plastic and not fiberglass I'm not worried about it being damaged if it fell.... though that wouldn't be good haha.

Byrek Avery

« Reply #33 on: Jul 31, 2013, 11:52 AM »
Aiming to be done and ready to submit approval pics to the 501st on the weekend of the 24th. I'm waiting on a Kcr7pr harness, a 3D printed sidearm from AprilStorm, a finished EE3 from Sidewinder and a cape/braids combo from Woodman. Then I'm done for now. No upgrading for awhile haha. Though I love the look of the new FPH2 so that might be a must upgrade around the holidays.

As always let me know what you guys think! Armor is taped in place in this photos and not properly attached. I'm not sure if I want to go snaps or bolts for the attachment. Since this stuff is vacuumformed plastic and not fiberglass I'm not worried about it being damaged if it fell.... though that wouldn't be good haha.

Let me start off saying that this is amazing. You look so great, and I hope my build comes out half as good. And as far as upgrades, wut? Most of your stuff is already the top of the line! Here I  am cobbling pieces together, and scratchbuilding things to save money, and you're buying top of the line stuff! What is there to upgrade?!

I would say bolts. Much more reliable. I'll personally be using velcro as my plates are flat and have no actual return ( just an illusion to one).

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Official Member #668
« Reply #34 on: Jul 31, 2013, 01:20 PM »
Let me start off saying that this is amazing. You look so great, and I hope my build comes out half as good. And as far as upgrades, wut? Most of your stuff is already the top of the line! Here I  am cobbling pieces together, and scratchbuilding things to save money, and you're buying top of the line stuff! What is there to upgrade?!

I would say bolts. Much more reliable. I'll personally be using velcro as my plates are flat and have no actual return ( just an illusion to one).

Wow. That really means a lot dude. I figured if I was going to buy parts instead of making them then I might as well go with the best of the best and strive to be one of the best Fetts in the Legion/Mercs. I'm hoping to still accomplish that, though I'm not the best at weathering and I am a bit tall (6'2"). I really appreciate the kind comments because it makes this all feel worth it. Your scratch build is by far one of the best I've seen... and I've probably seen a couple hundred Fett builds.

About upgrading- The parts I've thought about upgrading are my resin stabilizer to an aluminum one, synthetic wookiee braids to real horse hair, real Pulce 40 sidearm, batninja vest, and possibly real aluminum shin tool parts. I'm very happy with where I'm at though so I'm not going to worry about it too much...

I think I've decided to go with magnets actually. I was talking to F4R on TDH and he really recommends that method. He said it's clean, easy to adjust and one of the sturdiest methods. Plus it'll only cost me $14 for all the magnets I'll need.

Thanks again man.

Kyr'am Prudii

• This is my face.
« Reply #35 on: Jul 31, 2013, 02:00 PM »
An inspiration to anyone wanting to do an ESB Fett build. I don't have the money due to being a poor college student...but someday I hope my build comes close to yours. I'll be looking to yours as I continue on my own ESB Fett.

Keep up what you have going here. It's a grade A kit and can only keep getting better.

-Kyr

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #36 on: Jul 31, 2013, 07:20 PM »
Oh man! That looks so nice! Now I'm really getting some serious kit envy!

« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2013, 08:39 PM by Tracyn Ordo » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #37 on: Aug 01, 2013, 03:14 PM »
 :o wow just wow ;D love this kit

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #38 on: Aug 02, 2013, 02:44 PM »
This kit is shaping up real nice, awesome work.

« Reply #39 on: Aug 02, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Wow just wow thank you guys for such kind comments. I never expected this great of feedback it truly means a lot.

I got a 3D printed sidearm in the mail today that requires some sanding and glueing (it's in 4 pieces). For a fraction of the price of a cast sidearm I'll take it!

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2013, 03:11 PM by Arkrev » Logged

Deimos Ordo

• Nah....I'm good
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 The most special of operatives Accessorised is the award for the best non-weapon prop. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #40 on: Aug 06, 2013, 01:09 AM »
Insane Awesome Build, I can not wait to see this in person  :o

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #41 on: Aug 06, 2013, 01:26 PM »
That's a sweet looking 3d print sidearm.

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #42 on: Aug 06, 2013, 11:54 PM »
Your pics on the previous page look like close up pics of a Sideshow collectible or something.

That's a good thing.

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
« Reply #43 on: Aug 07, 2013, 12:52 AM »
That's a good thing.
*That's an extremely good thing!

« Reply #44 on: Aug 15, 2013, 03:10 PM »
As always thank you guys so much. Expect a huge update next week. Here's a little one though... Finished the sidearm April printed for me. Here's a before and after comparison. Let me know what you think :)

Thaxos

« Reply #45 on: Aug 15, 2013, 03:12 PM »
Excellent, the blaster looks most excellent indeed.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #46 on: Aug 15, 2013, 04:23 PM »
awesoooooome ;) looks great

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
« Reply #47 on: Aug 16, 2013, 05:50 AM »
Great job on the clean up for that blaster! It's come out really nice!

« Reply #48 on: Aug 22, 2013, 12:21 AM »
I'm done! Since I took this pic I attached my butt plate and thong. Taking app pics tomorrow night and will post those too! Let me know what you think!

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2013, 12:25 AM by Arkrev » Logged

Byrek Avery

« Reply #49 on: Aug 22, 2013, 07:51 AM »
I think it sucks and I hate you for beating me. In my mind, we were racing. :D

Seriously though, looks great dude. How are the plates attached?

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Official Member #668

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!