Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My Jet pack for MONTROSS

• 6 Replies
My Jet pack for MONTROSS
« on: Aug 02, 2013, 02:28 PM »
Been working on the Pack along side the work on the helmet.

Now has swivel Thrusters and the rocket has a rod to insert into the Pack body.  Though it is a dry fit and may change to a metal rod. Thoughts.

Thrusters still need dremelling out

With rocket raised to show rod.

A Good Combatant know's when to dump liability kit. Seems NOT all Mando's know this.

"Dump the Jet Pack to fight another day"

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: My Jet pack for MONTROSS
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2013, 05:48 PM »
What's the make?

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2013, 07:08 AM »
The Jet pack I bought from a friend and believe fellow member Heatshock.

"I got the body in trade.  Its vac formed plastic - I suspect HIPS and from fett gear in UK - but cannot comfirm.  The resin parts are Mr Bungle and some built by me."

Hope that helps.

A Good Combatant know's when to dump liability kit. Seems NOT all Mando's know this.

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2013, 08:26 PM »
Cool! I've found your JP WIP!

Looking good, do you have canister tops and bottoms?

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2013, 01:58 PM »
LOl yep put appropriate parts in the right threads LOL

Thanks Tact Kor.

I do indeed have the tops and bottoms but they are resin parts that need a lot of work.  So sort them and then tidy up body a little more and SPRAY job. Alas Montross seems to be mainly a Steel looking colour :/  Bland but Hey ho LOL

So currently on a dremel-fest to get them sorted.

Not sure if it is the best way But with family life first and fore most and kids off school. I do so much, helmet (almost done and ready for the spray job), just started armour and as said dremlling the top/bottoms for the JP.

Once these three are done, weapons then cloth and vest and finally accessories. Though always searching for appropriate parts to put aside for this :D

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2013, 06:52 PM »
One thing at a time, remember this is a "fun" hobby take your time and enjoy.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2013, 09:41 AM »
Best and safest way to do it.

Plodding along, enjoying the building, Oh YES :D
Have plenty of input from people which is great :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!