Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

So, you guys know any cheap easy to work material?

• 3 Replies

felipe5083

• Oya!!!!!
So, you guys know any cheap easy to work material?
« on: Apr 09, 2014, 08:13 PM »
I asked this because I'm actually planning on building my armour for real, I want it to look good, and I can't use sintra, since they don't sell material where I live with affordable price tags (believe me, whenI finally found it, it was so heavy on taxes that it wasn't worth it).
So, what do you recommend for me to use in my armour?

"You don't have my respect aruetii, keep in mind that you only have my tolerance. For a mandalorian, respect is earned, and not given, and I strongly suggest you to stay on my good side"
Dan Ari'Ednab

felipe5083

• Oya!!!!!
Re: So, you guys know any cheap easy to work material?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2014, 08:15 PM »
It would also be nice to know any weathering effects. Thanks :)

"You don't have my respect aruetii, keep in mind that you only have my tolerance. For a mandalorian, respect is earned, and not given, and I strongly suggest you to stay on my good side"
Dan Ari'Ednab

Vosh Sahaal

• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2014, 02:24 AM »
Some people have done it with plastic storage bins. Not the easiest to shape but doable. Same for plastic trashcans. There are a few out there made out of pvc. If you have the knack you can do sturdy armor out of 22gauge steel. Just make sure you fold the edges and add ribbing laminated to the interior to make sure it's rigid. Unfortunately it will dent fairly easily.

Honor can only be achieved by fulfilling duty.

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2014, 02:37 AM »
It really depends on how much time and what tools are available to you. You can make sturdy armor out of cardboard by fiberglassing the inside of it. it will just take time, and be potentially expensive. If you have the right tools or friends who have some experience with metal you could go that rout, but it takes time and if you try and rush it you get a sub par product. Plastic is nice and light weight but you need a heatgun and even then it's difficult at times. Though i suspect that someone here on the mercs may be able to get you sintra in your area for a reasonable price.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!