Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Eman's Armor WIP (OM, now onto force hunter)

• 105 Replies

Byloc Phosmont

• Mando Rider: 0004
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Eman's Armor WIP (pics)
« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2013, 08:50 AM »
Looking VERY good. Keep it up vod!!

« Reply #16 on: Apr 21, 2013, 12:14 AM »
Awesome work!

Eman'nelo

• You won't win this fight...
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume
« Reply #17 on: Apr 22, 2013, 07:55 AM »
Thanks guys  :D  So a quick update before I head to work.  The holster for my blaster got modified yet again.  It wasn't sitting properly and was way too tight (actually started to chip paint) so this is what I came up with.  I put wires in the ends to keep it's shape, and I'll add a thigh strap eventually. 

I've also started to paint the thighs, knees, shins, and cod.  This is a cool pic I took to show you the color spectrum of this paint.  I must say that it looks much better on a white surface than a black like my pilot helmet.  I LOVE how it changes..

I'll update more when I do some weathering tonight  :)

Armor WIP               Gallery             Invasions: 31

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Apr 22, 2013, 08:10 AM »
Great looking kit, I'm bookmarking this one for sure

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #19 on: Apr 22, 2013, 02:48 PM »
that thigh ;D love it

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Eman'nelo

• Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume
« Reply #20 on: Apr 22, 2013, 11:32 PM »
Great looking kit, I'm bookmarking this one for sure

Thanks vod! Grats on the OM status today too!

that thigh ;D love it
A little thigh always gets attention  :laugh: Here's a diferent pic not using my cell phone camera, despite the glare you can see the blue turn to purple

Knee's and shins in this pic.  Shins are ready to be weathered and greebled, then attached to the boots.  I weathered the knees tonight, just need a touch up and some clear coat then they'll be good for now.  They'll be replaced eventually...

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #21 on: Apr 29, 2013, 05:12 PM »
Shins look good nice shape!

What is wrong with those knees? Just add a lower piece to create a curve and build up the sides for darts launchers and whamo!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Eman'nelo

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 10:29 PM »
Yes I'm still here and plugging away  ;D  This is what I've done since I last posted.

Weathered thighs and cod, now just have to add greebs to the cod and attach it to the butt plate.  As I'm posting this though Im realizing I might  have to weather the top of the cod a bit more.

Boots are 90% done, just have to scrape up the leather a bit and add some greebs to the shins.  I also made some heal plates as well.  Now when I say add greebs to the shins and cod I'm going to add the heads of allen bolts to give it the effect that those silver plates are bolted on. 

Also made a thigh bandolier, I started painting the cylinders but didn't take a pic yet.

You're probably wondering what that skulls doing up there, that's my next little 'project'.  It's going to be a lighted symbol to cover my belt buckle  ;D

Both symbol and housing are made from sintra.  The idea is to float the symbol in the housing about 1 cm from the back, throw a couple blue leds behind it to give it a nice glowing effect.

Shins look good nice shape!

What is wrong with those knees? Just add a lower piece to create a curve and build up the sides for darts launchers and whamo!
Thanks vod! You're right, they're not as bad as I first thought, found some good images and got some ideas  :)

Well that's it for now, let me know what you guys think, good or bad!

Oops I almost forgot, I got my bucket today too! This is just a rough trim..

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:34 PM by Emannelo » Logged

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 10:43 PM »
This is looking great! Excellent weathering on those legs.

Tact Kor

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 07:35 AM »
Nice progress, boots and armor look awesome!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Eman'nelo

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 10:07 AM »
This is looking great! Excellent weathering on those legs.
Nice progress, boots and armor look awesome!
Thanks guys  :D  I appreciate the kind words and feedback. Can you tell I didnt use masking fluid or toothpaste for the weathering?  Good ol' fashion 400 grit sand paper works just as well for me  :laugh: buuuut now that I have the helmet Im pretty close to finalizing my chest pattern. I'll get pics up a little later.

Byloc Phosmont

• Mando Rider: 0004
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 10:27 AM »
Its great to see some more progress! Keep it up, vod. Working on the bucket is always my favorite part, I'm excited for you haha.

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 10:54 AM »
I love the belt buckle idea - what kind of belt are you attaching it on?

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 12:58 PM »
That's why the weathering looks good, you did it properly not carefully :P

Masking is great for canon builds but I feel it's best to be a whole bunch more random with customs, like you've done.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 03:08 PM »
looks real nice vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!