Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Eman's Armor WIP (OM, now onto force hunter)

• 105 Replies

Eman'nelo

• You won't win this fight...
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume
Re: Eman's Armor WIP (pics)
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 07:55 PM »
Its great to see some more progress! Keep it up, vod. Working on the bucket is always my favorite part, I'm excited for you haha.
Thanks boss! I couldn't agree with you more, I love working on buckets and haven't done one in while.  Not too ashamed to say I may have squealed like a school girl when I saw the box on my door step  :rolleyes:

looks real nice vod ;)
That's why the weathering looks good, you did it properly not carefully :P

Masking is great for canon builds but I feel it's best to be a whole bunch more random with customs, like you've done.
Thanks guys! I totally understand where you're coming from Point, don't get me wrong I like the masking idea, I just like the result of a little elbow grease  :)

I love the belt buckle idea - what kind of belt are you attaching it on?

I'm using this belt.  I'll probably mount the housing to the female end of the buckle.  I don't think that buckle plain would pass the CRL's nor do I really like the look of it anyway, hence the mythosaur skull  8)

Ok this is what I've drawn out for a chest pattern, wanted it to sort of mirror the helmet, once I get some paint on everything it'll look better, I swear  :laugh: the glare is terrible but the nose/cheek lines on the helmet are also on the chest

Thoughts or comments??

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:05 PM by Emannelo » Logged

Armor WIP               Gallery             Invasions: 31

Sidi Ren

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 10:29 PM »
Love love love love the paint scheme!! (what paint is that again?)

I like the simple pattern, I think the fact it crosses over your plates will make it much more cohesive. Definitely approve.

Also..what helmet is that, like it and I have been doing research for my second kit already.

Eman'nelo

• Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 08:03 AM »
Thanks sidi! I want the scheme to be intricately simple, if that makes sense  :P  the paint im using is called scarbeous by alclad and the helmets the new stalker medium by nme

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2013, 04:06 PM »
Excellent progress. Keep it up ;) .

Eman'nelo

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2013, 11:22 PM »
Excellent progress. Keep it up ;) .
Thanks vod  :) Always feels great getting good feedback from vets, especially app team members!

-Mini update- Painted my chest plates tonight, also threw a couple coats of silver and black on the helmet, the silver started to do some funky things so I'm going to let the paint completely dry for about a week before I continue.  Also I cut/made all the greebs for my boots, cod, etc. I'll post pics tomorrow afternoon  :D

Eman'nelo

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2013, 11:16 PM »
 :o Ahh double post, oh well...so yeah I know I said "this afternoon" a while ago but this is what I have been up to...

I finished painting my chest plates and back plate, all weathered and black washed, the back just needs a couple coats of clear. I apologize for the terrible glare in advance,  the scratches on the blue-green don't really appear in the pictures but everything is a lot darker and dirtier in person.  Tried to get a couple good pictures of the color change  :D

I might add some more color around the saber damage to give it the 'burnt' look.  Getting a head start on my Force Hunter  ;)

Added some more color to the helmet as well.

Not picture worthy : Added a strap to my bandolier attaching it to my belt, also shaped the knees a bit more

I'm getting pretty close to taking a couple full kit 'rough draft' pictures but I'd like to finish painting the helmet first. Comments and critiques are appreciated!

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2013, 11:35 PM »
 :o  Wow, I really like the paint.  Well done.

Membership revoked due to pending felony convictions

Byloc Phosmont

• Mando Rider: 0004
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2013, 12:50 AM »
The way this is going, you are going to make Firaxan very proud. Looking very good.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 09:36 AM »
Very good! Very good! Loving that paint app!

Eman'nelo

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 02:55 PM »
:o  Wow, I really like the paint.  Well done.
Very good! Very good! Loving that paint app!
Thanks guys!! I really appreciate it  :) I found out recently that they discontinued that color, so I've been scouring the internet for that paint for future touch ups. Quick edit : kelan you're the third app member to comment, thank you guys so much, that is some great encouragement  ;D

The way this is going, you are going to make Firaxan very proud. Looking very good.
Ori'vor'e vod  :D I can't wait to troop along side the rest of Firaxan

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:35 PM by Emannelo » Logged

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 08:27 PM »
Wow  :o

Very nice paint apps, I really like the white, it pop's!

Great work.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Eman'nelo

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 01:01 AM »
Wow  :o

Very nice paint apps, I really like the white, it pop's!

Great work.
Thanks vod  :)  I'm really pleased with how the white really brought the colors out in the paint, it doesn't seem to have the same effect with black.

ok quick update, my friend came over with some extra hair extensions. You know what that means?? Jedi and Sith trophies!!  Attached them to the Westar for now..

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 03:27 PM »
BOOM

Mind = Blown  :blank:   

awesome work vod ;) i love this kit

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Loving that paint job. NICE. 8)

Eman'nelo

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2013, 11:50 PM »
Loving that paint job. NICE. 8)
BOOM

Mind = Blown  :blank:   

awesome work vod ;) i love this kit
Thank you both very much! Your great comments keep me going  :)  but working 70+ hours a week it's a slow go  :laugh: Anyway I've been mainly working on the helmet since my last post.  I'll eventually start a helmet WIP but that'll just be with the electronics, I'll be finishing the paint tonight  ;D

Finally got the color change on the helmet..

That little doo-dad on the ear cap is a quick mock up of my own vizsla style cap.  I'm going to put a couple LEDs in the barrels and it'll rotate and whatnot, just haven't found a clever place to put the trigger yet :-\

Then after finding a mis-delivered package (thanks USPS!) I was able to trim up the visor I eventually received via t-visor.com.  It's just taped in place for now.

That's about it.  I'm weathering the helmet tonight and will post some pics soon.  Have a very short list of things to fix then I'll be posting some pics with whole kit on finally!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:53 PM by Emannelo » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!