Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Eman's Armor WIP (OM, now onto force hunter)

• 105 Replies

Eman'nelo

• You won't win this fight...
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume
Eman's Armor WIP (OM, now onto force hunter)
« on: Mar 21, 2013, 01:08 AM »
I'm getting pretty close to paint, this is a sintra kit I've been working on for a little while.  I know the legs are baggy but when I make my holsters it should take care of that problem.  The gauntlets should be here by the end of the week, courtesy of StarLord.  The sash and cape I'll get once I know exactly what colors they will be.  Eventually I'll have a Stalker helmet (pre-ordered already, thanks NME!) and I'll be on the look out for an arena style jetpack.  What do ya think so far? How's the plate placement?

« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2013, 01:00 AM by Emannelo » Logged

Armor WIP               Gallery             Invasions: 33

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Armor WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2013, 02:15 AM »
That's looking nice man! My one suggestion is that you add boot armour since you've got Jango coverage leg plates.

All the plates are sitting right though, which is what typically catches people out so well done.

Vin Daco

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2013, 10:29 AM »
Yep looking good cant wait to see some paint 8)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2013, 03:11 PM »
looking real good vod ;) nice work on the placement ;) its spot on

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Eman'nelo

• Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2013, 08:27 PM »
 ;D Thanks guys I appreciate it! I do have boot armor that I was tenative about putting on, but you're right Tracyn it'll fill out the legs nicely.  I'll start painting it once I get/paint my helmet, that way I can get a good feel about a design.  Until then I have plenty of other little things to finish, i.e. the gauntlets I received today :D

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2013, 09:12 PM »
You could always use mando maker to work out the colour scheme prior to getting the helmet :)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2013, 03:52 PM »
You could always use mando maker to work out the colour scheme prior to getting the helmet :)

Tracyn speaks the truth ;D

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2013, 09:11 AM »
Paint design scheme is always the part that takes the longest for me.

Eman'nelo

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2013, 09:28 PM »
So I shaped the boot armor and this is what I came up with, it's a little loose because it's just duct-taped right now but once it's painted it's getting a healthy coat of epoxy.

Sorry for the angle it's the best I could get while wearing it.  As I'm posting this though I'm not sure I'm a fan of the buckle and strap that randomly cut across the boot, those might have to go.

As for paint I think I'm leaning more towards white plates with scarabeus and silver/chrome highlights.  I used the scarabeus paint on this pilot helmet and loved how it came out. 

I think on white plate however it will really bring out the color change.  The design however is a different story.  I feel kind of lost without the helmet yet, I feel like the armor design should flow from the helmet, so I'll just start throwing some base coats at the armor for weathering. What do ya think??

« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2013, 09:32 PM by Emannelo » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2013, 04:03 PM »
Thats a nice paint  ;D would look cool 

imm0rtal reaper

• Costuming Newbie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2013, 12:49 AM »
Off to a great start. The pilot helmet is awesome too!

Zadkiel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2013, 02:54 PM »
Really unique paint. Can't wait to see pics of those plates painted up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi7KPDi_yQI
Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Remo Jadd, Asok, Leah
OM#678

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Apr 01, 2013, 09:57 PM »
lookin good

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

Eman'nelo

« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2013, 11:00 PM »
Thanks guys! Sorry for slacking on the updating.  I just got done painting all the plates with the base white after several coats of silver and black for weathering purposes.  I'm currently working on a design for the paint.  Don't want to accidentally copy someone so I'm taking my time.  I have been working very hard on adding more LEDs to my gauntlets, I'll post pictures soon once I have them completely assembled, but for now all I'm saying is that I'm putting a battery pack in my vest to power the right one  ;)

Ok since I didn't want to double post I'm just modifying this one  :)  I started sanding my boot armor and before I go all gung-ho on all the plates I need some feedback.  How's this looking so far?   I'm used to weathering things with my airbrush, this is really my first time weathering armor this way.  I really like the effect it's having but I wasn't too sure how it looked from an outside perspective  :D

« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2013, 11:20 PM by Emannelo » Logged

Eman'nelo

« Reply #14 on: Apr 16, 2013, 08:19 PM »
Ahoy vods.  Been pretty busy lately but I've made some progress.  Now I wanted to give an update with some great electronics and gauntlets that were near complete, but I got too ambitious and tried to fix something that technically didn't need fixing.  In turn I ruined what I had and am now back to square one.  So feeling a little discouraged I decided to take out some aggression by weathering  :D So this is what I have so far...

Butt plate and boot armor are pretty much at 100%

I also made a holster out of some spare vinyl I had from when I made my flak jacket

Now the gauntlets, weathering is pretty much at 100%, electronics on the other hand is a different story. Lesson : IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!  ;D

The flamethrower gaunt is all wired up and ready to go, you can check out the wiring in my other thread.  Once I have the right gaunt back to where I want it I'll be posting some pictures of that.  Although I'm still looking for a good source for rockets, looking for about 4...
I also drew out a design for my armor but need the helmet to make sure my lines are perfect.  Slowly but surely I'll get to OM status...  :D

« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2013, 11:15 PM by Emannelo » Logged

Byloc Phosmont

• Mando Rider: 0004
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Eman's Armor WIP (pics)
« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2013, 08:50 AM »
Looking VERY good. Keep it up vod!!

« Reply #16 on: Apr 21, 2013, 12:14 AM »
Awesome work!

Eman'nelo

« Reply #17 on: Apr 22, 2013, 07:55 AM »
Thanks guys  :D  So a quick update before I head to work.  The holster for my blaster got modified yet again.  It wasn't sitting properly and was way too tight (actually started to chip paint) so this is what I came up with.  I put wires in the ends to keep it's shape, and I'll add a thigh strap eventually. 

I've also started to paint the thighs, knees, shins, and cod.  This is a cool pic I took to show you the color spectrum of this paint.  I must say that it looks much better on a white surface than a black like my pilot helmet.  I LOVE how it changes..

I'll update more when I do some weathering tonight  :)

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Apr 22, 2013, 08:10 AM »
Great looking kit, I'm bookmarking this one for sure

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #19 on: Apr 22, 2013, 02:48 PM »
that thigh ;D love it

Eman'nelo

« Reply #20 on: Apr 22, 2013, 11:32 PM »
Great looking kit, I'm bookmarking this one for sure

Thanks vod! Grats on the OM status today too!

that thigh ;D love it
A little thigh always gets attention  :laugh: Here's a diferent pic not using my cell phone camera, despite the glare you can see the blue turn to purple

Knee's and shins in this pic.  Shins are ready to be weathered and greebled, then attached to the boots.  I weathered the knees tonight, just need a touch up and some clear coat then they'll be good for now.  They'll be replaced eventually...

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #21 on: Apr 29, 2013, 05:12 PM »
Shins look good nice shape!

What is wrong with those knees? Just add a lower piece to create a curve and build up the sides for darts launchers and whamo!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Eman'nelo

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 10:29 PM »
Yes I'm still here and plugging away  ;D  This is what I've done since I last posted.

Weathered thighs and cod, now just have to add greebs to the cod and attach it to the butt plate.  As I'm posting this though Im realizing I might  have to weather the top of the cod a bit more.

Boots are 90% done, just have to scrape up the leather a bit and add some greebs to the shins.  I also made some heal plates as well.  Now when I say add greebs to the shins and cod I'm going to add the heads of allen bolts to give it the effect that those silver plates are bolted on. 

Also made a thigh bandolier, I started painting the cylinders but didn't take a pic yet.

You're probably wondering what that skulls doing up there, that's my next little 'project'.  It's going to be a lighted symbol to cover my belt buckle  ;D

Both symbol and housing are made from sintra.  The idea is to float the symbol in the housing about 1 cm from the back, throw a couple blue leds behind it to give it a nice glowing effect.

Shins look good nice shape!

What is wrong with those knees? Just add a lower piece to create a curve and build up the sides for darts launchers and whamo!
Thanks vod! You're right, they're not as bad as I first thought, found some good images and got some ideas  :)

Well that's it for now, let me know what you guys think, good or bad!

Oops I almost forgot, I got my bucket today too! This is just a rough trim..

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:34 PM by Emannelo » Logged

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 10:43 PM »
This is looking great! Excellent weathering on those legs.

Tact Kor

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 07:35 AM »
Nice progress, boots and armor look awesome!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!