Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Eman's Armor WIP (OM, now onto force hunter)

• 105 Replies

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Eman's Armor WIP (pics)
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2013, 02:00 PM »
Well, my first thought was...holy crap! how have I missed this thread!  Love your paint work man, super cool  8)

Eman'nelo

• You won't win this fight...
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2013, 07:26 PM »
 :o Wow :o thank you all so much!! I really appreciate the feedback  :D

I thought I heard someone say it was too clean before? Photo dump!!

Ok so first off I apologize for the dark pics, everytime I got near the light you couldn't see the wreathing because of the glare, believe me it's a lot darker in person.  I believe when I clear coat the white with some flat clear it will take care of most of that glare.  I'm also not a huge fan of the spot on the mandible.  I might add some black and white to it to tone down the silver.  Don't think I'll add too many more dings or gashes because it kind of takes away from the color change, plus Eman avoids hits to the face .. 8) ...any thoughts??

Armor WIP               Gallery             Invasions: 32

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2013, 07:33 PM »
It looks better, now it's weathered and dirty but still missing a worn look, have you tried some dry brushing on the edges, I think that is all that is missing.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Eman'nelo

• Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Thanks tact  :) I did notice that too, especially on the bare metal, I'll give it a good dry brush before the clear hits it, I lightly sanded some spots on the color change to give it a dull look in some areas, but it translates terribly through photos  :rolleyes:

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2013, 09:44 PM »
This is looking absolutely amazing.  I have to ask - what helmet did you order for that?  I can see you've added a lot of very impressive pieces to it, but the basic shape of it is exactly what I'm looking for, I think...

Mandalorian In Progress | Photography
Shonare Vhekadla Clan (Arizona)

Eman'nelo

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2013, 12:17 AM »
Thanks vod  :) it's a nme medium stalker helmet...however the only things I modified were the ear caps, shortened the RF stalk by a half inch on one, and added some blasters on the other..

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2013, 04:02 PM »
Just awesome ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Advar

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2013, 05:45 PM »
I'm not sure that I understand how I managed to miss this build. I'm very excited to see test fitting!

Naren Sprax

• So I says to Mable, I says...
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #58 on: Jun 10, 2013, 11:13 PM »
Epic work vod.

Eman'nelo

« Reply #59 on: Jun 14, 2013, 06:05 PM »
ok I swear I'm still at this despite my lack of updates  :-X   I've made a bit of progress; fashioned myself a girth belt, reshaped the shoulder plates, practically done painting the bucket (I say practically because I'm always tweaking something  :rolleyes: )  I have tons of pics so beware!

girth belt:

new shoulder shape:

Bucket:

The blasters in the helmet aren't fully functional yet because I'm undecided as to where I want to put the trigger and what size battery pack I want to put in the helmet. 

Ok well here are some pics I'm kind of excited to have finally have taken, my first full kit test fit/shoot  ;D...keep in mind, it was late at night and the flash was on  :-[

Action pics!!

Things that are on my fix-it list:  tailor my flightsuit a bit more to avoid thigh plate saggage, attach butt and cod plates to girthbelt, cut/adjust hoses (being so rigid they pull my vest back), lower belt placement in the back, paint shoulders, attach chest plate teeth to the vest, make boba cape (same material as girthbelt)

Those are just the start of the improvements, I'm always spotting something I want to change  :P 
Well what do you think, do I get a yay or a nay??

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
Re: Eman's Armor WIP (pics) UPDATE 6/14
« Reply #60 on: Jun 14, 2013, 06:31 PM »
I cannot wait to have you in Firaxan. You sir, are kicking some serious shebs.

The ONLY thing I'm seeing as an issue for your approval is the hoses pushing out the jetpack.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #61 on: Jun 14, 2013, 06:48 PM »
Thats doing it right  8)  8)  8)

You have done a terrific job man, especially love the helmet!

Jay Krayt

• Practice makes progress
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #62 on: Jun 14, 2013, 06:50 PM »
 :o
I love the paint scheme you used, and all of the detail  8)
It looks very well put together and overall is completely bad sheb. Well done vod!

Jesse Libarra

• M.A. #028, Mini Mando #05
« Reply #63 on: Jun 14, 2013, 06:51 PM »

That looks awesome! The only thing I noticed is that I can see your chin in some shots.

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #64 on: Jun 14, 2013, 07:40 PM »
This is a really solid kit! Awesome job! You should be really proud of what you've made.

Just a couple things before you submit:
1. Yes you'll need to have your neck covered for those side shots
2. Your chestplates extend too far out from your collar. Here's what it should look like:

3. I can't really tell 100% from the photos, but it looks like your diamond is a little wide so that it's crowding your chestplates.
4. Your thighs are uneven. Just make sure everything is perfect for the app pics!

And you asked for suggestions so I'll give you one of those lists too  :) This isn't for CRL purposes, just general aesthetics
-I think this kit would look great with a jetpack. I know some people hate jetpacks so it's up to you, but even like a Commander Cody style jetpack or something low profile would look awesome. And it would give those hoses somewhere to go.
- Your knees are very 1 dimensional. That extra curve on the bottom and some build up on the sides gives it that little extra kick of authenticity.

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #65 on: Jun 14, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Ref touched on pretty much everything I can think of. The only other suggestion I have is that the back plate sticks out a bit more at the top on right side than the left, which is probably because of the hoses.

You've done a great job with this kit though, and should be stoked with how it's turning out :)

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #66 on: Jun 14, 2013, 07:56 PM »
Holy Crap ! Great Kit !  8)

Really Digin that Bucket ....  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Eman'nelo

« Reply #67 on: Jun 14, 2013, 09:33 PM »
I cannot wait to have you in Firaxan. You sir, are kicking some serious shebs.

The ONLY thing I'm seeing as an issue for your approval is the hoses pushing out the jetpack.
Thanks boss I appreciate it! I'm giving myself a goal to be official and trooping at the Lowell event, however work might impede my progress  :rolleyes: but it's good to have a goal  ;D

Thats doing it right  8)  8)  8)

You have done a terrific job man, especially love the helmet!
I love the paint scheme you used, and all of the detail  8)
It looks very well put together and overall is completely bad sheb. Well done vod!
Holy Crap ! Great Kit !  8)

Really Digin that Bucket ....  ;)

That looks awesome! The only thing I noticed is that I can see your chin in some shots.

Ori'vor'e vode!!  ;D

This is a really solid kit! Awesome job! You should be really proud of what you've made.

Just a couple things before you submit:
1. Yes you'll need to have your neck covered for those side shots
2. Your chestplates extend too far out from your collar.
3. I can't really tell 100% from the photos, but it looks like your diamond is a little wide so that it's crowding your chestplates.
4. Your thighs are uneven. Just make sure everything is perfect for the app pics!

And you asked for suggestions so I'll give you one of those lists too  :) This isn't for CRL purposes, just general aesthetics
-I think this kit would look great with a jetpack. I know some people hate jetpacks so it's up to you, but even like a Commander Cody style jetpack or something low profile would look awesome. And it would give those hoses somewhere to go.
- Your knees are very 1 dimensional. That extra curve on the bottom and some build up on the sides gives it that little extra kick of authenticity.
Ref touched on pretty much everything I can think of. The only other suggestion I have is that the back plate sticks out a bit more at the top on right side than the left, which is probably because of the hoses.

You've done a great job with this kit though, and should be stoked with how it's turning out :)

Thanks guys for the great feedback and compliments   :)
So first thing, yes I will be making a neck seal (or possibly just buying one) and maybe adding a helmet seal to cover my ginger chin  ;D ... Chest plates and diamond will be trimmed thanks for the heads up  ;) ... as for the thigh plates I'll take in my suit a bit more in hopes that it doesn't sag as much, I might have to come up with some soft of strap system  :-\  ... the hoses I'll trim and try and attach them to the flight suit instead of the vest and see if that solves the backplate problem ... I'm in totally agreement about the jetpack! If Hondo wasn't having a sale I'd have one, instead of 2 helmets  :laugh: ... and lastly the knees are on the way out, I've always been a fan of the vac-form knee anyway  8)

Thanks you all so much again! anymore feedback is definitely appreciated!

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #68 on: Jun 14, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Thanks boss I appreciate it! I'm giving myself a goal to be official and trooping at the Lowell event, however work might impede my progress  :rolleyes: but it's good to have a goal  ;D

It's in a month, you got it ;D I'd LOVE to see you at this event, I'll be Byrek at that event, and I love mercing it with other mercs :)

And a jetpack would look SO cool. For that event, I'm finishing up a jetpa.... stuff...  :rolleyes:

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #69 on: Jun 14, 2013, 09:55 PM »
The only other thing I can suggest is to take your "official" app. pictures outside. ;)

Very nice job though. 8)

Byloc Phosmont

• Mando Rider: 0004
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #70 on: Jun 15, 2013, 01:23 AM »
As Byrek said, you're going to make a fantastic official merc and Firaxan will be lucky to have you  ;D, I'm looking forward to trooping with you!

Eman'nelo

« Reply #71 on: Jun 15, 2013, 08:54 AM »
It's in a month, you got it ;D I'd LOVE to see you at this event, I'll be Byrek at that event, and I love mercing it with other mercs :)

And a jetpack would look SO cool. For that event, I'm finishing up a jetpa.... stuff...  :rolleyes:
As Byrek said, you're going to make a fantastic official merc and Firaxan will be lucky to have you  ;D, I'm looking forward to trooping with you!
Thanks guys  :D I look forward to meeting my fellow clan members soon!

The only other thing I can suggest is to take your "official" app. pictures outside. ;)

Very nice job though. 8)
Thanks again seugtai!! ...and oh yes, my app pics will be outside  8)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #72 on: Jun 15, 2013, 02:50 PM »
Hmmmm I'm Liking this very much  :rolleyes: you have a great looking kit and with the few tweaks it will be AWESOME ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Eman'nelo

Re: Eman's Armor WIP (pics) UPDATE 6/27
« Reply #73 on: Jun 27, 2013, 07:59 PM »
Hmmmm I'm Liking this very much  :rolleyes: you have a great looking kit and with the few tweaks it will be AWESOME ;D
Thanks niabi!!

So updates may be slow but progress isn't!  First things first, I trimmed down my chest plates a bit and I think they look much better.  I still may need to take another half a centimeter off but I'm going to get the kit on before I make that decision. 

So the next thing I created was a half cape  8)  Still need to finish weathering it and I may shorten it up a bit, but like I said before I'll wait until I get everything on first.

I also weathered (minus airbrush and dry brush) and cut a couple greebs for my shoulders...

The firaxan one isn't attached just yet, it will become I become an OM... ;D

Last and certainly not least is my bicep armor.  I wasn't going to create this right away, but having issues with my hoses ultimately lead to this design.  The hose from the top of the gaunt will be attached to the armor itself where as the hose coming from the side will be able to free float and extend with movement.  That should (I hope) take care of my hose issue.
unpainted :

finished (minus airbrush and dry brush) :

and the matching left side:

Not picture worthy: attached cod and butt plate to girthbelt, also just ordered some fett knees from RKD  8)
 ok well that's all I have so far, I'm hoping to take some more full kit pictures in the next couple days...comments and critiques appreciated!!

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Eman's Armor WIP (pics) UPDATE 6/27
« Reply #74 on: Jun 27, 2013, 08:14 PM »
Yes sir this is a great update, the new trimmed chest pieces look much better, I think the cape will be good at the length you have it at.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!