Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Acceptable undersuit

• 12 Replies
Acceptable undersuit
« on: Apr 05, 2013, 07:23 PM »
Iv been looking around and im on a budget and cant really afford a flight suit but can get a cheap boiler suit. So my question is . Is it acceptable to use a boiler suit?

Einn_Karel

• its about the 00100100
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Acceptable undersuit
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2013, 07:42 PM »
by quick google search it appears a boilersuit is the same thing as coveralls? If so yes. that is what many people use.

Einn Kar'el- Zabrak Mandalorian
Mandalorian Riders #0006
MAD #038

"I'm a Pacifist"
"You're a Mandalorian..."
"Would you start a fight with me?"
"No..."
"See? I'm a force for peace."
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2013, 06:14 AM »
thanks void

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2013, 09:13 AM »
Aye mate, boiler suit will do fine. Need to get rid of any labels, pockets etc though. I take it yer from the UK? just the boiler suit thing  :laugh:

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2013, 03:24 PM »
That I am. I have to say im glad i can use one as Flight suits cost a fortune every where i look.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2013, 03:28 PM »
Check in the UK links mate, we all added stuff from suppliers over the years. Cheap flightsuits etc etc..
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=56439.0

Space Clown

• "Does mother know you weareth her drapes?
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 02:30 PM »
Hi,
Glad to hear boiler suits are ok.
1 question tough, why do pockets have to be removed?
Thanks

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 03:04 PM »
Hi,
Glad to hear boiler suits are ok.
1 question tough, why do pockets have to be removed?
Thanks
Not ALL pockets need removing, I have pockets on my sleeves, but they are an integral part of my suit design. Back pockets need to go (unless covered by a butt plate or kama, and waist pockets are to "earthy" in design to pass, any pockets on your chest will be covered by your vest so ignore those.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Space Clown

• "Does mother know you weareth her drapes?
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 03:11 PM »
Thanks for the input .
i didnt want hip pockets, i was wondering about pockets on the legs? ;D

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 03:17 PM »
Thanks for the input .
i didnt want hip pockets, i was wondering about pockets on the legs? ;D
Again, if they can be tied into the overall function of the suit, they are fine, remember, Boba has pockets on his lower legs that ordinarily would look silly, but the way they are made part of the function of the suit makes them work.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 09:00 PM »
Also, make sure the suit isn't really baggy on you. If it's big, take it in. It makes for a much sharper looking costume when you're all finished. ;)

Oya!

Andry         ; )
« Reply #11 on: Jun 01, 2013, 06:10 PM »
If you guys know people who work at military air stations they tend to have used flight suits for cheap. I got mine for 5 bucks. The problem is that it might be tricky to find the correct size.

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #12 on: Jun 01, 2013, 06:34 PM »
I think the main thing is to make shure people don't look at your costume and say "hey look I wear that same boiler suit every day at work!"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!