Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

early preliminary pix of suit and flak vest

• 0 Replies

Manda-Naak KursCabur

• Been Mando trooping since 2004.
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
early preliminary pix of suit and flak vest
« on: Apr 08, 2013, 09:51 PM »
here are some VERY PRELIMINARY pix of my soft parts so far of my kit.

There is much more to do and much more to decide. 

The helmet and belts are just for reference of waist and helmet.   I will be using some different for the final armor.  I also have to sinch in the shins, add a skirt to the back of the flak vest to about knee length,  add a loin cloth to the front, or something??? I could use ideas on that.  I will make foot to knee shin armor, possibly thigh plates or hanging armor on the cod piece/loin cloth thingy.  I have to add shoulder caps on the side to give it even broader shoulders for the layered look I want.   Then I will have to think up of a good style of armor and gauntlets.  And also a cape of sorts.  I would prefer not to have a jetpack to save money, and life.  every mando I know that has a jetpack something bad happens to them.  Also they are very heavy after trooping all day.  If people can give me ideas on if modern or legacy or late crusades would be best armor I would appreciate the input.  I sewed it all my self first time to make anything that large.  I also know I need a neck seal and I hope once all the belts, holsters, bags, and what ever no one notices the uniform is two pieces.  Its much easier for me to get into and will be more comfortable for my old bones. 

But comments are appreciated unless the criticism is to severe  :rolleyes:

Trooping since 2004 MMCC 2013 .  Owner of WoodTech Armory the best Mandalorian related 3D models out there.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!