Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Easy Girth Belt Tutorial / WIP

• 32 Replies

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Best Blaster: Pistol is the award for the best pistol. Funny that!
Re: Easy Girth Belt Tutorial / WIP
« Reply #15 on: Dec 02, 2015, 10:55 AM »
The closure method is brilliant!  I am so going to steal that idea  ;)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Dec 02, 2015, 01:29 PM »
Get parachute clips, if you can. The closures I used for my first version broke.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jorbe Falco

• Jorbe Falco - Fly Casual
« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2015, 10:28 AM »
Just curious on what diameter rope you guys are buying? I was looking at 1/4 inch rope.

Jorbe Falco

Armor WIP - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=101471
Helmet WIP - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=103925.0
Soft Parts WIP - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=104506.0

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2015, 08:00 PM »
It's cotton clothesline, mostly.  In the hardware section of WalMart.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #19 on: Dec 04, 2015, 08:58 AM »
Be aware that the clothsline at Walmart (at least my Walmart) is a blended cotton/poly mix, and may not dye as well. I ended up getting some rope on sale from JoAnn's that I will use. It's currently waiting to be dyed. I'll post a picture of it here when it's complete.

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Straka Zulu

« Reply #20 on: Dec 04, 2015, 10:23 PM »
That's why I said "Hardware", not "Housewares".  My first girth was the poly-blend, and I had to use spray paint to get the orange tint.  The ones in the hardware department are 100% cotton. ;)

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #21 on: Dec 04, 2015, 10:47 PM »
Ah... lol... that makes more sense. :)

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #22 on: Dec 08, 2015, 10:43 PM »
Good to know! My housewares-clothesline girth also goes in the "miserably failed to take dye, gave up and spraypainted" column :P

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #23 on: Dec 08, 2015, 10:52 PM »
Nice :) I hope that mine won't shrink too much during the dying phase (being 100% cotton in hot water).  :o

Hamus

• Mando'ad draar digu.
« Reply #24 on: Dec 18, 2015, 10:08 AM »
did mine using this method, and I must say it worked out quite well  8) will post pics for those interested

Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la.

Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be.

Cakes

« Reply #25 on: Dec 20, 2015, 09:08 PM »
Awesome tutorial! Thanks for making it, I used it to make mine. Swapped out the rope for braided leather cord and have straps for adjusting.

Kruser

• Helmet on. Heart gone.
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #26 on: Jan 29, 2016, 01:32 AM »
Great tutorial.  I am super pleased how well it turned out for how fast it went.  I added a small strip of styrene plastic on the buckle post side to make it a little more ridged.  Only thing left to do is dye it!  :D

*edit to add:

Dyed and drip drying!  :D

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2016, 01:44 AM by Kruser » Logged

Stephan Parkinson

• Do or do not you will die ether now or next week
« Reply #27 on: Feb 28, 2016, 06:17 AM »
OMG THANK YOU IV BEEND STRESD TO FIND A GERTH BELT NOW I NO NEED TO :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Deimos Ordo

• The Rebel Phoenix Rises...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 75 official invasions. The most special of operatives Accessorised is the award for the best non-weapon prop. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 05:08 AM »
NECRO post to say THANK YOU to the recent replies and Im so happy the method is still going strong, all of you rock, keep up the added ideas and Troop awesomely.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:12 AM by Deimos Ordo » Logged
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 02:16 PM »
Awesome tutorial. I'm going to try this.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!