Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

What Jetpack kit would you recommend? And harness ideas

• 26 Replies

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Hey vode

I have been given the green light to get a Jetpack, scratch building is too time intensive and I know the finished product won't be to my standard. So I am looking at getting a kit to build I really like tbuts Boba Fett style JP but i am also considering the DW like the one that Eternal Armory is offering. MOW is bit more then I want to spend...NME looks like a nice kit and it's almost in my budget...

My questions to you all is what other options are out there are what would you recommend? I am not too concerned about the weight, I'm mostly concerned with the quality and durability.

Thanks for your feedback

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:03 PM by Tact Kor » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: What Jetpack kit would you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 12:45 AM »
NME. Best Resin i have worked with yet.

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:02 PM »
I thought NME were fiber glass...

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 09:18 PM »
When Fett Seven was doing them himself they were fiberglass. Now NME has his molds and does them out of their resin.

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 10:34 PM »
So I am looking at getting a kit to build I really like tbuts Boba Fett style JP but i am also considering the DW like the one that Eternal Armory is offering. MOW is bit more then I want to spend...NME looks like a nice kit and it's almost in my budget...

The Eternal Armory one is the cheapest, but what a pain in the shebs it is. It's almost like scratch building it.

I'm almost positive that MoW is only $25 more expensive, and I've heard that MoW is lighter than NME. I've seen both Arena and Normal packs in person and they're really nice. I can't speak for NME though.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Revan

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 02:28 AM »
I got a MOW, the are spectacular.   The only thing about them is that they are difficult to paint.  But once you do they look awesome and are of very good quality.

You're not the only one who's killed Jedi...

Tact Kor

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 07:04 AM »
Wow, this is great exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

Revan,

Where can I find ordering information for the MOW JP? Why is is difficult to paint?

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 08:13 AM »
MOW sels them through Ebay, one of the only Fett items it's actually safe to buy from there :P

Manofwarstudios is his name on there I believe.

Tact Kor

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 09:36 AM »
MOW sels them through Ebay, one of the only Fett items it's actually safe to buy from there :P

Manofwarstudios is his name on there I believe.

Thanks I found out that he is actually rebuilding his molds right now. I guess I hold off for a bit until production start back up at EA and probably go that route, unless I come across someone who is selling one second hand

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Goram Korr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 01:29 AM »
I have an NME arena jetpack and have to say it's one of the most durable and easy to work with pieces I've ever bought. I've banged mine off of a brick wall accidentally before and didn't even scratch it. You can see how it looks and how well it paints in my costume thread.

Merc #706
VRCA #22
BMC OM #8
Most of BMC is over achievers. I only go quarter tassel at most.

Phelan Jusik

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 02:23 AM »
I got one of the Jango Fett Arena packs before is molds quit on MOW.  Very nice pack, only thing I have to do is cut the slots for the support harness when I am ready to mount it. 

M5: #22
B.E.A.R.D.S. #052

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 03:23 AM »
I got a MOW, the are spectacular.   The only thing about them is that they are difficult to paint.  But once you do they look awesome and are of very good quality.

The resin he uses must not like paint. You get a weird reaction, like snaking and spider webbing designs. Basically you have to wetsand, prime, wetsand, prime until the faces are even. 

Fett Seven

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 10:35 AM »
MY kits made buy NME props are from fiberglass. The main body and rocket are fiberglass.
All the other bits (thrusters, cones) are casted in resin.
Nme props offers both style kits, the classic Boba Fett and the Jango Arena pack.

Tact Kor

Re: What Jetpack kit would you recommend? And harness ideas
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 01:23 PM »
Okay so I ordered a Boba style Jet pack from NME, I can't wait to get this and start building.

Now I am looking for any suggestions of how you would recommend attaching the Jetpack, I got some great information from BobaFiend but I thought I would open it up for others to chime in. I want to keep it affordable and comfortable I can wear my kit for eight hours as it is and I would like to keep it that way, also I can get my kit on without help it would be cool to be able to attach the Jetpack solo also.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

BobaFiend

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 05:10 PM »
I need help to get mine on the way I showed you. 

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 05:43 PM »
I dont need help getting my jetpack on. It's bolted onto the colar plate and has an X shaped leather harness that goes under my plates. I just step into it like walking backwards into a phone booth, tighten the straps, and then put on the fronal torso plates. Only issue is the rest of the proscess, like putting on the front plates and girth belt ect. I DO need someone else there to do.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Tact Kor

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 05:57 PM »
I was thinking of trying that but then all the weight would be on the bolts that hold my back plate to my shoulders and would not distribute the weight low it would all be on my shoulders... I am still having back pain from a troop two weeks ago so I need to get the weight distributed a low as possible.

Thanks for the feedback, its a great way for me to get some ideas, I'll post what I end up doing on my MP WIP.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

BobaFiend

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 04:39 AM »
If you have the $$$ to throw around, I hear great things about those replica harness rigs like the one I pm'd you. 

Tact Kor

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 07:21 AM »
All the $$$ go thrown at the Jetpack kit  :laugh: going on a low budget for the harness.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 06:46 PM »
I make my harnesses out of backpacks. I cut the main pouch off the pack so I'm left with the straps and the backing. I sew some webbing to the straps with a quick release clip or a D-ring and feed that through my vest and backplate. It's comfortable because it's padded and it distributes the weight accross my shoulders, but still heavy after trooping for a while.

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2013, 06:58 PM »
my harness hasn't really bothered me; what I've noticed is after wearing it for 10hours the first time, I had conditioned myself and developed the muscles affected by it so that it doesnt bother me any more.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Tact Kor

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 08:10 PM »
Dresdon my friend, you are a machine!

The only thing I've conditioned myself for is the amount of beer I can drink and still be able to work on my kit  :laugh:

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 08:48 PM »
Dresdon my friend, you are a machine!

The only thing I've conditioned myself for is the amount of beer I can drink and still be able to work on my kit  :laugh:

XD

new favourite quote.   That is going on my timeleine...which you should add me btw  >.>

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:55 PM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged

Atin Skorda

• Orange Brigade
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 03:52 PM »
This one has worked really well for me, and you can make it for less than five bucks.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=6304.0

Tact Kor

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 05:05 PM »
Yeah I've seen this and am leaning towards this as the basic design on what I will use.

Thanks for the link

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!