Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kayda's Soft Parts

• 22 Replies
Kayda's Soft Parts
« on: May 19, 2013, 10:06 PM »
I'm working on finding a flight suit that isn't too pricey and was wondering if anyone had ever modified a plain black martial arts uniform? Without the overlap and stuff, and with a vest on, etc. etc. to hide that it's in two pieces and overlaps in the front, would that pass CRLs?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:11 AM by Kayda Oya'karir » Logged
M.A. #099

Build progress:
Armor: 97%
Helmet: 85%
Soft parts: 99%
Weapons: 50%

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Flight suit question
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 10:16 PM »
I'd imagine it'd be way too baggy, that'd be your only real issue.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 10:19 PM »
Yeah, you might be right. (The uniform I used to use for classes wasn't all that baggy, though, oddly enough.) For reference, how baggy is "too baggy" for CRLs?

M.A. #099

Build progress:
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 10:23 PM »
Have you looked at getting medical scrubs? they are an inexpensive way of making a flightsuit, although some modification is required.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 10:26 PM »
Yeah, I have. Haven't been able to find any longsleeved ones for a decent price, though. And I don't know if my sewing skills would stand up to the task of modding them...that being said, I'm always up for a challenge! Any tips on where I can find good ones?

M.A. #099

Build progress:
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 10:31 PM »
I got mine at Wal-mart for a good price. They are short sleeved, but I plan on adding a layer underneath to make a double-sleeve effect similar to Boba's flight suit.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 10:34 PM »
I like that idea. I might look into it. (The main problem might be getting black scrubs, though I can always dye them. Haha.)

M.A. #099

Build progress:

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 10:53 PM »
You might find that dark grey will work better visually than actual black ;) Black tends to disappear in photos, you lose all the details.

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 10:55 PM »
Ooh, that's a good point.

M.A. #099

Build progress:

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Check out the trading station.

As for the Martial arts suit, Leave it alone. It will not pass.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 08:48 AM »
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten.
- Benjamin Franklin.

Save up if need be and Get Quality Softs ...... You Won't Regret it .

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 12:45 PM »
Okay! Thanks all! Really appreciate the help!  :D Decided to go with scrubs.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:41 PM by Tracyn » Logged
M.A. #099

Build progress:
Tracyn's soft parts
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 01:25 AM »
Scrubs arrived this afternoon! Unfortunately, could only get black, so I'm gonna find a way to fade them and weather them so they're a lighter color and look less new. They seem to fit quite well, though. Next thing is trying to track down a longsleeved shirt for under it. What fabrics are acceptable for under scrubs?

I'm also working on my vest at the moment. Got some sturdy black fabric and I'm currently doing a lot of sewing. As for boots, I have a pair that looks a lot like these, but with buckles on the back, less shiny, and weathered because I wear them a lot.  :) http://www.target.com/p/adult-combat-boots/-/A-14165264 Of course, I'm going to cover the laces with armor.

For my hands, I bought a pair of mechanic gloves with no markings as far as those go.

M.A. #099

Build progress:
Kayda's Soft Parts
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 04:11 AM »
Okay, so I have a new question! How much modding will it take to turn this into an approvable belt? Is it worth it?

M.A. #099

Build progress:

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Kayda's Soft Parts
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 02:16 PM »
 ;)  Not too much modding ..... Keep it Simple ... IMO .
I'd do little things like Solo's Greeblies .

But that's me ......   :rolleyes:

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!