Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kayda's Soft Parts

• 22 Replies

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Kayda's Soft Parts
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 04:15 PM »
what ConDar said ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 01:16 AM »
Okay cool!  :D Glad to hear that. I will be adding greeblies to it ASAP then! :) Thanks!!!

M.A. #099

Build progress:
Armor: 97%
Helmet: 85%
Soft parts: 99%
Weapons: 50%

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 07:52 AM »
I would also remove the bullet loops ;) .

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 05:53 PM »
Okay! I was wondering about that :P

M.A. #099

Build progress:
« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2013, 01:00 PM »
Finally had some time to work on my costume so time for an update!  :)

Bullet loops removed from my belt, so that's hopefully good to go. Trying to find a way to hide the holes where they were stitched on now, but they're not super visible so I don't think it's a huge issue (is it?)...

Also working on weathering my scrubs. Wound up getting the black because they were the best price, and planning on lightening the color with the weathering. Is there a good method of doing that?

Boot armor is on order to cover the laces of my boots, and I'm working on a kama, though I changed my color scheme so now I have to dye it. Oops. xD

I also opted to switch to metal armor rather than plastic, so I wound up placing an order for one of K'raam Xrati's vests as far as that goes.

One final question: I read in CRLs that you can have a different color longsleeve shirt under the shortsleeved flight suit as long as the shorter sleeve is the same color as the rest of the suit. How does that work? I'm about to acquire the last piece for my flightsuit (that being the longsleeved shirt) and want to make sure that I don't make a huge mistake in my choice of color...

M.A. #099

Build progress:

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Aug 02, 2013, 06:31 PM »
You can do this by having short sleeve coveralls or shortening the long sleeve into short sleeves. You could also have faux short sleeves attached to your vest arm holes. ;)

« Reply #21 on: Oct 11, 2013, 03:44 PM »
Sorry for the crazy delay. I moved so I had a bit of getting settled in to do. Anyway, now for an update:

I decided to go the metal armor route and so ordered both armor and vest from K'raam Xrati. The more I thought about it, the more I realized two things:
1) A black vest and black scrubs/flightsuit wouldn't give me the desired appearance
2) The scrubs, while they would have worked decently well with the plastic armor I was trying to make, would probably not be capable of holding up the metal armor.

So...I bit the bullet and bought some coveralls, in a sort of olive green rather than gray. I have them sitting in the packaging next to me as I type, and will post pics later to see what needs to be done about the fit (I couldn't find any that were for someone my size, so I'm expecting to have to do a lot of tailoring despite the fact that I bought the smallest size to be had!). The fabric seems like it will hold the armor up far better than the scrubs.

M.A. #099

Build progress:

K'raam Xrati

• Mark Hamilton the Red Mando, TB & DZ3203
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Oct 24, 2013, 05:37 PM »
Your parts should be to you by now!
Also, don't forget to go to Paypal and accept the shipping refund. It's still setting there unclaimed.

76 Career Invasions
MMCC #48 Trooping since September 2007
Kilted Mando #4

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!