Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nearly Beast Hunting Ronin (now with cartwheeling action)

• 659 Replies

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Nearly Beast Hunting Ronin (now with cartwheeling action)
« Reply #645 on: Jun 24, 2015, 09:48 AM »
I really like the new helmet, idk if your still cuy'val ar in your background but I think it compliments that, as well as the more complicated design of the helmet goes better with your plates

I like the greaves btw  ;)

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #646 on: Jun 24, 2015, 03:17 PM »
I really like the new helmet, idk if your still cuy'val ar in your background but I think it compliments that, as well as the more complicated design of the helmet goes better with your plates

I like the greaves btw  ;)

Yeah it fits well I think. I need some bigger more clone like shoulders though next. But I agree a standard boba I feel would look lost juxtaposed to the plates.
And thank you! Little RC inspiration there ;)

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #647 on: Jun 27, 2015, 02:04 PM »
Looking cool vod ;)

But i think it needs a black wash   :rolleyes:     

:P :P :P

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #648 on: Jul 15, 2015, 07:42 PM »
but..but.. It has a black and brown wash..... :blank: :blank: well I finally got around to taking some good 360 pics of the gear.
First up... making faces.. because reasons.

I got these nifty rave glasses because I thought they looked cool for when I have my bucket off if I want to stay in character.

BUT my real face is blast proof.. so here they are.

and some poses with my mando-wannabe

and there we have it. I'm thinking about getting a compression shirt and gluing or sewing the wraps all the way up my arm... gotta actually get one first though...

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #649 on: Jul 16, 2015, 02:57 AM »
Too clean. Really needs more dirt  ;) Apart from that, really nice pics. Love the chilling out after a hunt one. And that gold is much more subtle than the bright yellow, I like.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #650 on: Jul 16, 2015, 10:04 AM »
Don't listen to any of these folk, you can keep your kit clean if you want.

It does look pretty awesome though.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #651 on: Jul 16, 2015, 11:30 AM »
The wraps will be getting more dirt. Just as soon as I get them attached.
Don't listen to any of these folk, you can keep your kit clean if you want.

It does look pretty awesome though.
Thanks Mandler! I'm afraid I brought the dirt on myself though.. my past iterations were let's just say, "less than spotless" :P now the public demands mud-shed in my presence. ..

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #652 on: Jul 18, 2015, 11:19 AM »
Looking great! Remember though that you've got to have full sleeves. Your wraps can go higher and be sleeve replacements like a tusken, but sleeveless/short sleeve is a Montross and Sabine only look.

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2015, 11:30 AM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #653 on: Jul 18, 2015, 11:47 AM »
Gratz on being featured on the mercs facebookpage  8)

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #654 on: Jul 19, 2015, 05:28 AM »
Looking great! Remember though that you've got to have full sleeves. Your wraps can go higher and be sleeve replacements like a tusken, but sleeveless/short sleeve is a Montross and Sabine only look.

That is incorrect vod. There is a one mando I can think of in this club who is official in a custom kit.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #655 on: Jul 19, 2015, 09:44 AM »
iunno ref's an App team member his word is law isnt it?

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #656 on: Jul 19, 2015, 10:25 AM »
Carid is right, I was wrong. My word is not law :laugh:

I've been seeing that information passed around the boards and we did discuss it as a possible CRL changed, but I checked back and confirmed that a new rule did not go into effect. However, other related rules did go into effect and it looks like between the general attitude towards short sleeves on the boards and the CRL update discussions the App Team has periodically, my wires got crossed and I was confused. I've talked to Ronin and hopefully squared things away.

Sorry for the confusion!

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2015, 10:32 AM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #657 on: Jul 19, 2015, 12:49 PM »
Ronin is controversial!  :P all is good, it was discussed. Regardless,  continuing the wraps is probably gonna happen anyway... after weapons...  8) melee weapons yall....

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #658 on: Jul 19, 2015, 09:07 PM »
That is incorrect vod. There is a one mando I can think of in this club who is official in a custom kit.
I was about to ask about the short sleeves.

Anyway, loving the kit. It's an inspiration for people wanting a 'fresh back from a hunt' look.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #659 on: Jul 20, 2015, 11:45 AM »

Test image of the rocket hammer.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!