Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nearly Beast Hunting Ronin (now with cartwheeling action)

• 659 Replies

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: Ronin 1.5(upgrades and such)
« Reply #25 on: Jun 03, 2013, 12:16 PM »

The front

Left

Back

Right

This is how I pick up the ladies

I who doesn't want an Appa hug?
Knees need velcro, and the face mask to cover my neck is ordered. Guns need a a good painting, and the pauldron needs black wash and to be slid back a bit as its sagging. Also it needs a trim around the front of the neck, it was a tad uncomfortable there. Anything else?

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Kalyn Solari

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Jun 03, 2013, 02:18 PM »
Dat kit... beautiful :o

Yutah

• Proud Wearer of a Lonewolf Helmet, blank #6
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #27 on: Jun 03, 2013, 02:41 PM »
...soon

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: Jun 03, 2013, 06:41 PM »
Looks purty :3

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: Jun 03, 2013, 07:29 PM »
Thanks vode! I plan to make some fixes and get official by months end! Which will be good cause I already have plans for the next kit... And new fully enclosed metal shnees I picked up from Viciousvestments. Hehe

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #30 on: Jun 05, 2013, 01:11 AM »
Here's my list:
1. the armor on your lower body needs to come up
-the cod looks like it's riding low and it needs to be secured better.
-the thighs need to come up and they need to be tighter. They seem to be floating off of your legs at the top.
-your left thigh plate needs to shift inward a bit.
-the knees need to come up so they aren't touching the shins.

2. Your flightsuit is very baggy. I'd take it in quite a bit in the arms and a bit in the legs so it doesn't blouse around the plates (knees and thigh straps)

Overall, it's a really good looking kit! The above changes with tighten up the look and make it look really snazzy  8)

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Jun 05, 2013, 03:55 AM »
What Ref said. This is looking great, and the weathering just makes it pop.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #32 on: Jun 05, 2013, 08:35 AM »
Here's my list:
1. the armor on your lower body needs to come up
-the cod looks like it's riding low and it needs to be secured better.
-the thighs need to come up and they need to be tighter. They seem to be floating off of your legs at the top.
-your left thigh plate needs to shift inward a bit.
-the knees need to come up so they aren't touching the shins.

2. Your flightsuit is very baggy. I'd take it in quite a bit in the arms and a bit in the legs so it doesn't blouse around the plates (knees and thigh straps)

Overall, it's a really good looking kit! The above changes with tighten up the look and make it look really snazzy  8)
Thanks for the list! most of these I knew, like those dang knees  >:( The cod is on it's own belt, so I just need to tighten that, as well pulling a few straps will pull up the thighs. I took in the body of the flight suit, but not the arms and legs.

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #33 on: Jun 06, 2013, 12:30 AM »
Two for one! Guess what the Amazon.com fairy dropped off today...

Getting velcro tomorrow, as well as taking in the arms and legs. Costume should be good by weeks end. the guns on the other hand....

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #34 on: Jun 06, 2013, 05:55 AM »
How do you use those holsters beinh so far in the back...do you reach both arms behind so the right arm takes out the left blaster and the left arm takes out the right blaster or something like that?

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Einn_Karel

• its about the 00100100
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #35 on: Jun 06, 2013, 06:16 AM »
i lo9ve the uber heavy weathering you have done. it looks great. my best suggestion would be to reign in the pauldron, it seems to be trying to fly away

Einn Kar'el- Zabrak Mandalorian
Mandalorian Riders #0006
MAD #038

"I'm a Pacifist"
"You're a Mandalorian..."
"Would you start a fight with me?"
"No..."
"See? I'm a force for peace."

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #36 on: Jun 06, 2013, 11:08 AM »
How do you use those holsters beinh so far in the back...do you reach both arms behind so the right arm takes out the left blaster and the left arm takes out the right blaster or something like that?
Originally, yes I did. But my pouches were pure osik, so I actually couldn't put them back without a handler. When I got the clone blasters I kinda retired the little ones, so they serve as decoration now. A deadly decoration  :laugh:
i lo9ve the uber heavy weathering you have done. it looks great. my best suggestion would be to reign in the pauldron, it seems to be trying to fly away
Yeah the front of the pauldron was digging into my neck, and I think that kept tilting it forward. It'll be shifted, no worries. Thanks!

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #37 on: Jun 06, 2013, 11:34 AM »
You could try putting a strap under eacha rm for the pauldron maybe?

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #38 on: Jun 06, 2013, 12:00 PM »
You could try putting a strap under eacha rm for the pauldron maybe?
Like an underarm holster like cops use?? That's a pretty dang good idea... I might have to look into that. Thanks!  ;D

« Reply #39 on: Jun 06, 2013, 12:47 PM »
The only thing that jumps out at me is the flight suit doesn't look as weathered as the rest on the armor.
Other then that looks great.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #40 on: Jun 06, 2013, 04:28 PM »
Like an underarm holster like cops use?? That's a pretty dang good idea... I might have to look into that. Thanks!  ;D
ye and while your at it put the holsters on 'em

Einn_Karel

• its about the 00100100
« Reply #41 on: Jun 06, 2013, 04:41 PM »
ye and while your at it put the holsters on 'em

yeah, what he said! pretty soon you will look like Il Duce from the Boondock Saints

Mandalorian Riders #0006
MAD #038

"I'm a Pacifist"
"No..."

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #42 on: Jun 06, 2013, 06:12 PM »
I do like that idea. I got plenty of scrap leather to the for straps. I like this idea. Also I've finished the new helmet design. A friend is casting us a pair of custom helmets.

What ya think?

Einn_Karel

• its about the 00100100
« Reply #43 on: Jun 06, 2013, 06:36 PM »
duude....sweet...

Mandalorian Riders #0006
MAD #038

"I'm a Pacifist"
"No..."

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #44 on: Jun 06, 2013, 11:21 PM »
We're at odds over the name though.. I like "The Paragon", but the lady prefers "Shev'la Kyr'am", which means "Silent Death..." And thanks! I hope it looks this good finished.. no, the drawing's osik, I hope it looks better lol

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #45 on: Jun 07, 2013, 10:50 AM »
I like the paragon: theres soemthing.....polygonal about the design....

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #46 on: Jun 13, 2013, 10:52 PM »
Flight suit has been taken in significantly, minor work on gaunts for better comfort done, and the pauldron now only needs a brown and black wash and its done. Gonna sew some velcro onto the flight suit to help the plates stay in place a little better in the next few days. Also the helmet designs and measurements have been completed so The Paragon aka Shev'la Kyr'am is being sculpted... If I had a decent gun I could probably take app pics this week...  :-[

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #47 on: Jun 14, 2013, 12:13 AM »
A gun you say?...

Oh and you should join the Dead Man's Gun   RP, it's Cuy'val Dar based on Kamino and chronologically the Clone Wars just started

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #48 on: Jun 14, 2013, 02:11 AM »
Soundimg good Ronin.
Dar, advertising an RP.  :o

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #49 on: Jun 14, 2013, 02:13 AM »
Ronin's char is Cuy'val Dar

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!