Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sabine S3 Light gear - Shin and boot armor

• 8 Replies
Sabine S3 Light gear - Shin and boot armor
« on: May 17, 2018, 08:50 AM »
Hello,

I noticed that the S3 Light gear CRL doesn't require shin and boot armor. I'm surprised as I believe she is wearing them all season when in "light" gear setup.
Any idea why it's not on the CRL?

For some reason I was so convinced that it was required that I did them and already installed the velcro on my boots, can I be approve as light gear with the shin and boot armor (as long as they are accurate, of course)?

Thank you!

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Sabine S3 Light gear - Shin and boot armor
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 09:25 AM »
I cannot speak for the CRLs, so you may want to reach out to someone on the app team like Dha Bral to get clarification on that. 

Have you checked out the BRLs?  The shin and boot armor is required on this side of things, so when in doubt, build to the BRL!  :laugh:

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 10:45 AM »
I went through my whole reference folder for this season and couldn't find a shot without the shins and ankles. I always assumed they were required.

Ashen Kelborn

• This account is no longer used
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 11:16 AM »
I went through my whole reference folder for this season and couldn't find a shot without the shins and ankles. I always assumed they were required.

I believe Miix linked you to the BRL which says

Shin Armor
•   Must appear to be at least 3mm thick.
•   Must be painted purple with reddish-orange paint damage to match visual references.
•   Must have a cutout for the knee armor.
•   Must be painted and weathered to match references

Boot Armor
•   Must appear to be at least 3mm thick.
•   Must appear to connect to the shin armor.
•   The left boot armor plate must be painted purple with reddish-orange paint damage to match visual references

For the Shin and boot armour the BRL is in agreement with your statement  ;)

This is a dead account, Please ask your Command team for assistance unless you want to look me up on Facebook under my mando name.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 04:01 PM »
Have you checked out the BRLs?  The shin and boot armor is required on this side of things, so when in doubt, build to the BRL!  :laugh:

That one looks like it's for the Action gear setup. I am building the Light gear setup, at least as a first. The costume requirement page lists both the Light gear and Action gear for S3, but it looks like the forum only has Action gear.

Also, newb question. What does BRL stands for, as opposed to CRL (costume requirement list, I assume)?
Thank you!

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 04:06 PM »
Also, newb question. What does BRL stands for, as opposed to CRL (costume requirement list, I assume)?
Thank you!

Brigade reference list..It's for when you want to clear in brigades and not just be clearable entry level as an official member or "OM"  ;D

Ours are a little more detailed than normal CRL

This is a dead account, Please ask your Command team for assistance unless you want to look me up on Facebook under my mando name.

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 04:45 PM »
I believe Miix linked you to the BRL which says

For the Shin and boot armour the BRL is in agreement with your statement  ;)

Yes I know that, I was responding to the original post asking about the CRLs. I'm curious as well to why the shin and ankle armor aren't in the requirements for her light armor, IMO they should be.

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 05:14 PM »
Yes I know that, I was responding to the original post asking about the CRLs. I'm curious as well to why the shin and ankle armor aren't in the requirements for her light armor, IMO they should be.

In the case of CRL's that's a question for the App team, that's out of our remit as we only deal with BRL's  :P

Maybe ask them via their Q&A : Mandalorian Q&A  ;D

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 09:15 PM »
In the case of CRL's that's a question for the App team, that's out of our remit as we only deal with BRL's  :P

Maybe ask them via their Q&A : Mandalorian Q&A  ;D

Thank you, I'll ask there!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!