Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Straka Zulu, Brigades or Bust!

• 820 Replies

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: My first build, looking for advice
« Reply #240 on: Dec 02, 2013, 10:44 PM »
I just checked it out, and I think that could work for me.  Going to try it in cardboard first.

Would anyone want to be part of my story?  Part of the current chapter involves meeting with a more experienced Bounty Hunter, and was about to give the honors to Remo, but not sure if I'd be doing him justice with a cameo.

« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2013, 10:50 PM by STRAKAZulu » Logged
MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #241 on: Dec 02, 2013, 10:50 PM »
I just checked it out, and I think that could work for me.  Going to try it in cardboard first.

Would anyone want to be part of my story?  Part of the current chapter involves meeting with a more experienced Bounty Hunter, and was about to give the honors to Remo, but not sure if I'd be doing him justice with a cameo.
if the timeline fits and you need a little crazy....  ;)

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #242 on: Dec 02, 2013, 11:12 PM »
Now, are we talking goofball or Hawkbat-osik?
The story is set in the post-Clone Wars period. Have just had a run-in with a Death Watch shabuir who interfered with my hunt, and tried to kill me and my partner.  Just contacted my Guild handler to meet with a hunter who's been at it longer.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #243 on: Dec 07, 2013, 04:50 AM »
Looked through your whole thread! Gotta say, inspirational! You had a few rough moments, but you kept going and now it's all coming together swimmingly! And it looks great on top of that! Insipres me to make my kit!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Straka Zulu

« Reply #244 on: Dec 07, 2013, 10:09 AM »
Glad to be an inspiration, and good luck in making your kit, vod!

Straka Zulu

« Reply #245 on: Dec 23, 2013, 02:36 PM »
After careful consideration (and a short conversation with PJ, a.k.a Hondo), I am planning on opening up the visor a bit on the Night Owl I have, Legacy-style.

The lines are where I was thinking of chopping, but am looking for other input.

In other news, the back plate is on hold for now, since I am now the only one employed in my household.  Still looking to do a segmented back, though. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my vode. K'oyacii.

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #246 on: Dec 23, 2013, 02:42 PM »
I opened my bucket up and vision was drastically improved, I don't know if I could have survived otherwise. I say go for it but make absolutely sure you like where your lines are and be super accurate with your measurements

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #247 on: Dec 23, 2013, 02:58 PM »
hmmmmm  ??? im not convinced its a great idea  :rolleyes: but its your bucket and id be interested to see what you do with it / what it looks like in the end ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #248 on: Dec 23, 2013, 05:08 PM »
Personally, I'm not a fan. I'm not much of a fan of the legacy visors though.. maybe a less gradual cut?

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #249 on: Dec 23, 2013, 06:30 PM »
Personally, I'm not a fan. I'm not much of a fan of the legacy visors though.. maybe a less gradual cut?
Gotta agree with Ronin here.  The best-looking part of the Night Owl is the visor, and it'd be a shame to chop it up.  Maybe elect to replace it with a new helmet, one with a wider visor.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #250 on: Dec 24, 2013, 10:43 AM »
Gotta agree with Ronin here.  The best-looking part of the Night Owl is the visor, and it'd be a shame to chop it up.  Maybe elect to replace it with a new helmet, one with a wider visor.
I'd like to get another buy'ce, but with money getting tight, that is gonna be a while.  Might see about a less severe cut.

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #251 on: Dec 25, 2013, 04:32 AM »
I see what you mean, the thinnest part would be right were your eyes are.
I have two styles you might like.
Style one is a less severe cut, but should give you that much more vissiblility.

Style two has a more severe cut, but would really open up your field of view.

The first doesn't change the helmet to much, but the second one really changes the expression your helmet makes. And trust me, they make an expression.
In the end this is just food for thought, more cut out, or less. You can probably guesse were my vote lies though :P.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #252 on: Dec 25, 2013, 08:38 AM »
Liking the first one more, keeps with the flavor of the Night Owl.

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #253 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:35 AM »
One looks pretty good. It's about what I had in mind. 2 looks like batmando.  :laugh:

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #254 on: Dec 25, 2013, 12:40 PM »
Yuuuuup one is the best ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!