Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Straka Zulu, Brigades or Bust!

• 820 Replies

Kal'Verec

• Strive to be better.
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: My first build, looking for advice
« Reply #375 on: Apr 21, 2014, 02:58 PM »
Actually I kind of saw something that could be argued as semantics but I thought I'd point it out. It is the big gun shot weathering on the gut plate. You said your character was an assassin and I just figured that an assassin would most likely be able to avoid those kinds of hits, and wouldn't be in the line of fire to receive that caliber of damage. It may be something you want to repaint. Horribly nit-picky, I know, but I just needed to voice my opinion.

| Enby. They/them. Please respect pronouns. | Aliit Ori'shya Taldin |

FreemanBanana

• Kebii'tra Tracyn
« Reply #376 on: Apr 21, 2014, 03:10 PM »
Actually I kind of saw something that could be argued as semantics but I thought I'd point it out. It is the big gun shot weathering on the gut plate. You said your character was an assassin and I just figured that an assassin would most likely be able to avoid those kinds of hits, and wouldn't be in the line of fire to receive that caliber of damage. It may be something you want to repaint. Horribly nit-picky, I know, but I just needed to voice my opinion.

;) I love opinions like this, makes me realize I'm not the only person out there with crazed, specific, ideas. This is totally just an opinion though. Maybe he got shot in the gut, under a table, at a bar... while on the job.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #377 on: Apr 21, 2014, 03:12 PM »
Or he keeps it as a Reminder to "Keep his Distance" now ...  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #378 on: Apr 21, 2014, 04:06 PM »
Or he keeps it as a Reminder to "Keep his Distance" now ...  ;)
It's more of a "I got to see the lights go out, but the target was defiant to the last."
A souvenir of my first up-close job.   ;D

« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2014, 04:31 AM by STRAKAZulu » Logged
MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #379 on: Apr 22, 2014, 01:28 AM »
hopefully it will also be your last "souvenir" as well  :P

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #380 on: Apr 22, 2014, 10:53 AM »
Yup.  ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Straka Zulu

« Reply #381 on: Apr 26, 2014, 12:01 AM »
Hoping for good weather this weekend, going to be making the gaunts again, and trying to paint and attach the back, cod and knees.
Going back to the scrub brusk holders for now, had to get a new set, since the last ones shattered. Gotta love sub-zero temps... :rolleyes:

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #382 on: Apr 28, 2014, 12:24 AM »
one or two up close shots wouldnt be unheard of.. I have one lined up with the heart on the back of my assassin build.. I thought the job was over, the bounty turned in.. looks like someone had placed a bigger price on me... so I decided to paint the room red, if you catch my drift....
but for real, one assassin weapon is close quarters, so a big direct hit or two might happen.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Straka Zulu

« Reply #383 on: Apr 30, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Got to get my shebs in gear, need to get things cut and painted befor we finish the move. Also, I am in need of a much bigger bin for my kit.

FreemanBanana

• Kebii'tra Tracyn
« Reply #384 on: May 01, 2014, 07:08 AM »
Got to get my shebs in gear, need to get things cut and painted befor we finish the move. Also, I am in need of a much bigger bin for my kit.

My wife didn't appreciate my suggestion of a mannequin for my kit... So maybe I need a big box myself.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #385 on: May 01, 2014, 08:32 AM »
My wife didn't appreciate my suggestion of a mannequin for my kit... So maybe I need a big box myself.
Oh, I can relate. Everytime I mention one, I get  :rolleyes: from her. 

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #386 on: May 01, 2014, 08:34 AM »
Just Make one ...  ;D

FreemanBanana

• Kebii'tra Tracyn
« Reply #387 on: May 01, 2014, 08:35 AM »
Just Make one ...  ;D

I was going to! With PVC from work. She still did not seem to appreciate it   >:( Maybe I'll do it anyways... Ha. No. We all know that's a mistake  ;)

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #388 on: May 01, 2014, 05:29 PM »
I was going to! With PVC from work. She still did not seem to appreciate it   >:( Maybe I'll do it anyways... Ha. No. We all know that's a mistake  ;)
That largely depends on how comfy a couch you have. :D

ConDar Ward

« Reply #389 on: May 01, 2014, 05:57 PM »
It's pretty simple actually .... Would like some details ?  PM me ...  ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!