Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Riven Kassle's Custom Jetpack

• 33 Replies

Riven Kassle

• "Put your credits where your mouth is"
Re: Riven Kassle's Custom Jetpack
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2013, 11:51 PM »
Im not a Massive jet pack fan but....

Top work ;)

Well, I'm set for life :)  Got my "Niabi Like"!  Thanks Vod, I am very grateful for your compliment!

Zechs

• Overkill is underrated
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Jun 24, 2013, 10:42 PM »
2 things here:

1.  I want that RC helmet!

2.  As far as the jetpack is concerned, all I can say is:

AKA "Lightning Rod"

"Heh.  You survived?  I can fix that."

MMCC #1082
BOMB #41
MABEL #54
ALUMINATI #28

Riven Kassle

« Reply #17 on: Jun 25, 2013, 01:47 AM »
2 things here:

1.  I want that RC helmet!

2.  As far as the jetpack is concerned, all I can say is:

LOL thanks Zechs!  Appreciate that buddy!  You may be able to get an unpainted version of the RC helmet from a buddy over on whitearmor.net if he's still making them.  I put a link to reach him in my costume build thread that you can see if my signature.  I got my helmet a while back so I'm not sure if HE is making them still but they're top notch quality.  VERY sturdy ;)

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #18 on: Jul 03, 2013, 09:49 AM »
Really nice work! It came out great.

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: Jul 03, 2013, 10:03 AM »
Very cool!

IG  -  @mandodrummer1
FB  -  https://www.facebook.com/mandodrummer1
Band stuff IG - @tommyfrenzyrules
Band stuff FB - https://www.facebook.com/tommyfrenzyrules/

Riven Kassle

« Reply #20 on: Jul 03, 2013, 10:12 AM »
Really nice work! It came out great.

Very cool!

Thank you guys!  Awesome that you like it! 

Corvas Ta'niyr

• Sushir at taor be simir
  • Awards 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Most invasions trooped in 2017 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs Charity Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #21 on: Jul 07, 2013, 04:57 PM »
In case no one has suggested it yet - for the padawan braids - use RIT dye.  the braids are probably made of nylon which has been know to suck up the RIT brand dye like there's no tomorrow.  Find a decent brown (maybe a burnt sienna) and a black (sable) and leave one as the blond.  If I recall correctly - the instructions for the RIT is that you add it to hot water and immersing the nylon into the hot water does something to the surface that interacts with the chemical composition of the dye so that more colorant gets drawn into the surface of the material and thereby creating a better color bond.

BTW - the jetpack - DAYUM!!! :o :D 8) :o :D 8)

Marsh Wilste
Ne'tra Balcin
Seron Clan

Sushir at ashi- o' at katahre bal kathtare- val mr ganar etie gehat'ik at rejorhaa'ir - Listen to others - even the dull and ignorant - They too have their story to tell.

G.O.M.O.L # 004
MiB #003
GBOT #013

Riven Kassle

« Reply #22 on: Jul 08, 2013, 02:51 AM »
In case no one has suggested it yet - for the padawan braids - use RIT dye.  the braids are probably made of nylon which has been know to suck up the RIT brand dye like there's no tomorrow.  Find a decent brown (maybe a burnt sienna) and a black (sable) and leave one as the blond.  If I recall correctly - the instructions for the RIT is that you add it to hot water and immersing the nylon into the hot water does something to the surface that interacts with the chemical composition of the dye so that more colorant gets drawn into the surface of the material and thereby creating a better color bond.

BTW - the jetpack - DAYUM!!! :o :D 8) :o :D 8)

Marsh Wilste
Ne'tra Balcin
Seron Clan

Awesome! Thanks so much for the tip! That's exactly what I needed to know!  I will get me some of that dye and get that taken care of.  I appreciate the compliment too! :D

Uneek Top'El

• I am back from the dead !!
« Reply #23 on: Jul 28, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Too AWESOME !!

MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!

Riven Kassle

« Reply #25 on: Aug 01, 2013, 04:54 PM »
Creative excellence  8), brilliant vod.

"Remember the weakness of weapons, they are an extension.
You are the killer and the destroyer.
You are whole, with or without them."
-Richard K. Morgan-

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Aug 01, 2013, 07:12 PM »
Holy Jetpack.... You know what, I'm sorry, this jetpack just won't do. Send it to me immediately so I can revel in its beauty..er I mean, dispose of it properly...
Seriously though, this is an amazing scratch build. I second the

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Riven Kassle

« Reply #27 on: Aug 02, 2013, 02:40 AM »
Creative excellence  8), brilliant vod.
Holy Jetpack.... You know what, I'm sorry, this jetpack just won't do. Send it to me immediately so I can revel in its beauty..er I mean, dispose of it properly...
Seriously though, this is an amazing scratch build. I second the

Thanks you guys! I'm happy you all like it!  It held up like a beast at CE2 with no issues and it was comfortable to wear.  More than I'd hoped for so I'm pretty happy with it.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #28 on: Aug 02, 2013, 05:49 PM »
Excellent work, very nice.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Riven Kassle

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!