Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My second WIP

• 4 Replies

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
My second WIP
« on: May 31, 2013, 09:44 AM »
I have started a new build and this one i have done my own plates.  My first build i had bought a vest with plates and just repainted it.  I could use some help with the shape, size and placement.  Please feel free to offer any suggestions.  the armor is 6 mil sintra and the vest is from Sidi Ren http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62756.0

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than blood.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: My second WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2013, 01:13 PM »
Size looks Ok ;) but the gut plates needs to come up a bit  :rolleyes: might have to trip the inside of the teeth of the chest plate in order to more it up

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2013, 07:12 PM »
I have started a new build and this one i have done my own plates.  My first build i had bought a vest with plates and just repainted it.  I could use some help with the shape, size and placement.  Please feel free to offer any suggestions.  the armor is 6 mil sintra and the vest is from Sidi Ren http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62756.0

Riveted plates?  Awww yeah...  Try and preserve the silver color of the rivets.  It'll give your armor a certain pop that'll look great.

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2013, 07:23 PM »
To be honest, I keep looking at the pics and I am really digging the way it looks, Primer grey plates, black vest, silver chicago screws.  I think a little weathering and a saber burn will look pretty good.  I will probably add another color for some contrast but It is growing on me.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than blood.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2013, 10:26 AM »
Size looks Ok ;) but the gut plates needs to come up a bit

I don't think it needs to come up... As you can see Jango wears his even lower than that...

And the spacing doesn't need to be exactly the same between all the plates...
Here's how mine look:

*the vest is a bit loose on that torso but you can see the distance between the plate varies a bit...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!