Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Byrek's ESB Boba (501st APPROVED)

• 185 Replies

Naglium

• I love it when a plan comes together!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Boba and Jango
Re: Byrek's ESB Boba (PRE APP PICS. HELP REQUIRED)
« Reply #175 on: Dec 07, 2013, 10:29 PM »
I don't understand your opposition here, Naglium. Would I rather have an applicant apply with a sidearm than without a sidearm at all? Yes, I would.

If he's going for a Canon movie costume, I would hope you would want it to be complete and not missing pieces.

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #176 on: Dec 08, 2013, 01:18 PM »
It's not like it's a nintendo zapper or anything right?

It stays in the holster almost always.  Most people don't even realize Fett has a sidearm.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #177 on: Dec 08, 2013, 01:56 PM »
For the record, Naglium, I totally understand your concerns. That being said, I don't think allowing a variation of the sidearm (one that looks extremely similar to the screen used one when holstered) is a major concession to movie accuracy.  Sure, in a perfect world, all Fett costumers would strictly adhere to canon. You show me 1 Fett that is 100% movie accurate and I'll show you 100 who aren't in any number of ways.  At a certain point, we have to think about what sort of deviations from the movie we are and are not willing to accept when considering what factors really capture the look of the character.  The sidearm is one area that I am willing to make a small compromise on, especially if it's the sidearm that was the standard in the Fett community up until very recently.  I don't equate using this sidearm with having an "incomplete" costume just as I wouldn't fault someone who didn't have a dental file on their jetpack or someone who didn't wear the scuba harness or someone who wears a duck cloth cape.  These are all deviations from movie canon, but they are deviations that are acceptable because while the materials used to make them may not be completely accurate or something may be different or missing, they maintain and do not detract from the iconic "Fett" look.

If you think I'm very wrong and you would like to see that policy changed, I encourage you to PM Seugtai with you concerns.  We actively discuss all CRL concerns and community involvement is how things like this get changed.

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #178 on: Dec 08, 2013, 03:26 PM »
It's not like it's a nintendo zapper or anything right?

It stays in the holster almost always.  Most people don't even realize Fett has a sidearm.
I'm sure it was gonna be the orange Kenner Han blaster from the 90s... I mean, clearly he hasn't paid attention to detail at all here.... The costume is just... I'll take care of it for you, so you don't have to worry about it... you have my address just ship it whenever ;P
For real though, anyone who tackles a Canon costume earns my respect. no exception here. bravo

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #179 on: Dec 27, 2013, 08:42 AM »
I am now 501st approved with this costume :D

For the Mercs, I have to finish my EE-3 and then apply.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Byrek's ESB Boba (501st APPROVED)
« Reply #180 on: Dec 27, 2013, 10:32 AM »
I am also working on a 501st Boba that will be submitted to the Mercs as well and i know the challenges.  You have a pretty good looking Fett there.  Congrats on the 501st approval!!!!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than blood.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #181 on: Dec 27, 2013, 11:44 AM »
Congrats dude! Great Fett! Looking forward to your app

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #182 on: Jan 12, 2014, 05:12 PM »
Took a break from working on my own stuff and have been working on other stuff. But vacation is over!

So upgrades! I just ordered a set of threaded collar studs, and got a new rifle from Joe White! Thanks Joe!

Size comparison from old to new:

I'm also looking at getting a new set of gaunts, but we'll see. Dominique is still scolding me for ordering my Judge boots  :lol:

And just to keep the thread interesting, some glamour shots :)

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Uneek Top'El

• I am back from the dead !!
« Reply #183 on: Jan 12, 2014, 06:12 PM »
Great kit vod, the new rifle is sweet !!

MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #184 on: Jan 12, 2014, 06:32 PM »
I'm digging the new EE-3!

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #185 on: Jan 12, 2014, 07:35 PM »
Very nice!!! I think I may have to send Joe White a request!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!