Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New armor pieces

• 19 Replies

Ba'kuri

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
New armor pieces
« on: Jul 21, 2013, 11:08 PM »

Hello Everyone. My name is Jamal. Both my clan leader and clan members now me as such, but I do also go by "Ba'kuri." I am new to posting a post, but not to the forms themselves. I plan to become an official mando merc and  to appropriately label myself as one with the "Nasst Clan." 

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: New armor pieces
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2013, 11:10 PM »
Hey! I met you at AWA last year didn't I?

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Ba'kuri

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2013, 11:30 PM »
Yeah I remember you! Awesome how are you? And might i ask... how do I post pictures in a post? I'm kinda overwhelmed.

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2013, 12:00 AM »
Things are well, I got official.. like 2 days ago.. lol You'll need a photobucket, put pics on it, and then copy the IMG code for the pic and paste it into a reply. it takes some getting use to for sure.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"

Yutah

• Proud Wearer of a Lonewolf Helmet, blank #6
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2013, 12:07 AM »
Glad you found your way here. Photobucket is free and easy to use. Share your work with the world, heh.

Yutah

• Proud Wearer of a Lonewolf Helmet, blank #6
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2013, 06:43 PM »
ahh, found the link on how to upload picturs- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=7579.0

Ba'kuri

« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2013, 10:30 PM »

This is the test Gauntlet or Alpha I was working with previously. It really helped me before I started heating the plastic pieces to it's shape as seen.

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2013, 10:42 PM by Ba'kuri » Logged

Ba'kuri

« Reply #7 on: Jul 22, 2013, 10:39 PM »

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2013, 10:43 PM by Ba'kuri » Logged

Ba'kuri

« Reply #8 on: Jul 22, 2013, 10:45 PM »
The same goes for both the shin and boot armor. I used the large jango templates off of The Dented Helmet.com 

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2013, 10:44 PM by Ba'kuri » Logged

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2013, 11:00 PM »
Not too shabby. What are you using as a base for the gaunts? I've found large cups, or a big PVC pipe cut down the middle are great bases for gaunts. Shins are off to a good start too

Ba'kuri

« Reply #10 on: Jul 22, 2013, 11:07 PM »
Oh I'm actually using trash bins for the base. I figured, since i didn't have any sintra, it would be just as easy to heat and mold. The paint bonded to the sanded surface as well.

Ba'kuri

« Reply #11 on: Jul 22, 2013, 11:09 PM »
11.jpg[/img][/URL]

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2013, 10:46 PM by Ba'kuri » Logged

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #12 on: Jul 22, 2013, 11:17 PM »
Oooooooo... SWG gauntlets... Didn't even realize that's what they were. Which templates are you working off of?

he/him
black lives matter!

Ba'kuri

« Reply #13 on: Jul 22, 2013, 11:21 PM »
A fellow Mando on Facebook Gave me measurements. All in cm "centimeters."

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #14 on: Jul 22, 2013, 11:30 PM »
Sweet. Those shins look pretty sharp. foot plates looks like they need a little smoothing though. How are you closing the gaunts? I like the design!

Ba'kuri

« Reply #15 on: Jul 22, 2013, 11:43 PM »
Haha...Thanks a bunch! and I was working on the paint job today... so fixing the boot armor was in the process. And hot glue surprisingly kept it and the front of the shins together. The shins just need to be clamped, but with the way the gauntlets were heated and molded, the pressure between the top and bottom piece became clam shelled. So with that, plus the clamps, the glue held up nicely. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.   

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Jul 23, 2013, 02:35 PM »
All your photobucket hosted images are showing up as "Moved or deleted photo"...

Ba'kuri

« Reply #17 on: Jul 23, 2013, 10:51 PM »
All your photobucket hosted images are showing up as "Moved or deleted photo"...
There we go and nice to see you again. 

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #18 on: Jul 24, 2013, 01:07 PM »
Excellent, progress is looking good.

Indeed, the feeling is mutual.

Ba'kuri

« Reply #19 on: Jul 24, 2013, 04:14 PM »
Why thank you!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!