Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

walkie talkie

• 2 Replies

Pyrex

walkie talkie
« on: Jul 17, 2013, 01:01 AM »
does anyone know a way to impliment a walkie talkie to your helmet? i have a wireless mic built in, aswell as some headphones hooked up to a couple of mics (each mic is hooked up to a seperate amp board to achive stereo sound) to hear wahtas going on. i was wondering if anyone knew a way i could put in a walkie talkie so i can communicate the other mandos that are going with me?

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: walkie talkie
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2013, 02:58 AM »
I have one integrated into my buy'ce: I'd have liked to have a tutorial posted by now but I've been really buisy as of late

Basically, what I did was removed teh circuit, branched the speakers into the top of each earcap, patch a new mic through to the front, bring the power source to the back of the helmet, bypass the flat buttons for PTT(talk) and ilumination of the screen into mometnary push switches, the talk one is located within reach while wearing the buy'ce infront on the left cheek piece.

Oh!   and if you can get any of that Silicone Insulator spray for circuits, be sure to douse all the circuits in your helmet with it once your leads are on-I'm on my second walkie talkie in there because the last one shorted from perspiration-was a single component that shorted and it was then stuck on PTT.

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2013, 03:02 AM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged
Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Pyrex

Re: walkie talkie
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2013, 11:40 PM »
Thanks man, im gonna try it out

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!