Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

I'd like to think I know what I'm doing, but...

• 27 Replies

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: I'd like to think I know what I'm doing, but...
« Reply #25 on: Oct 01, 2013, 11:39 AM »
Uhm..a thought suddenly occured....

Exactly what do you want the LEDs to do?

If you want them like a chasing light bar, or like a stereo pitch display where it has the lights that vary by the sound?
I probbaly already have a schematic with a 4017 decade IC that may work for what you want to do...

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Oct 01, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Uhm..a thought suddenly occured....

Exactly what do you want the LEDs to do?

If you want them like a chasing light bar, or like a stereo pitch display where it has the lights that vary by the sound?
I probbaly already have a schematic with a 4017 decade IC that may work for what you want to do...

According to the description of the system, the chip makes each LED come on separately in sequence, meaning 1 goes off before 2 comes on and on up. The addition of the SCRs is supposed to make 1 stay on until 2-10 have lit, then they all go off and repeat the sequence.

By all means! Please send the other diagram! I'd love to see it. Thanks!

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #27 on: Oct 01, 2013, 04:47 PM »
I think I got 'dis as the hip youngsters say...  :laugh:

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!