Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kae'Mori - Build Thread (Formally Vicecreed)

• 121 Replies

z2the4

• Light side or darkside, they both pay the same.
Kae'Mori - Build Thread (Formally Vicecreed)
« on: Aug 27, 2013, 10:03 PM »
Quick back story/bio and basic idea behind Kae'Mori's armor and colors.

Kae'Mori served as a enlisted(non clone) trooper during the later half of the Clone Wars.
Serving with his friend and mentor, Jedi General Vicecreed.
When Order 66 was iniated Kae, Vice and a Clone by the nickname of 'Digger' escaped the purge and laid low in the Outerrim for several years until the initial purge had calmed down.
While playing hide and seek from the Empire during this time, Vicecreed ran into a shunned Sith by the name of Shry.
Feeling betrayed and abandoned Vicecreed welcome the training of the Darkside from Shry.
But before Vicecreed could finish his training, Shry killed him and Digger, Kae'Mori just barely making it out alive.

Vicecreed left out on his own, stumbling upon a small Mandalorian clan and taking up training with them.
He swore to return and make Shry pay for what he did to his former mentor and friends.
While he was a Trooper, he wore blue markings on his traditional white armor.
Wanting to be remembered for what he formally was, he reversed the colors on his Mandalorian armor.
Also choosing to wear the heaviest armor he could muster.
He modified a Magnadroid Electrostaff for battles against Lightsabers.
Kae'Mori hunts any and all users of the Force, both Jedi, Sith and everything between.
Believing Force Users selfish pride as a whole was responsible for the downfall of the once great Republic he served.

Most current pics of armor(Cod has been repainted since the pic, not shown are Bicep plates);

Still needed;
Flak Vest W/ built in neck seal(being made by a fellow merc)
Boots
Gloves
Sash+Belt+few pouches
Kama
Weapons made/finished
Armor plates attached

« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2014, 10:52 PM by z2the4 » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Vicecreed - Force Hunter(Formally Kae'Mori build)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2013, 03:07 PM »
Looks like a cool concept vod ;)

I dont see a prob with a collapsible force pike

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Talyc Rancor

• The Mermaidlorian
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2013, 09:08 AM »
Excellent concept. Can't wait to see actual plates rather than the sketches you've shown me. :)

"But no matter what anyone tells you....real women can not only bake delicious crescent rolls but they can also murder you with them." -Tyno Krast

Talyc Rancor

• The Mermaidlorian
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Also, in my personal opinion, I wouldn't do a white vest with your color scheme. The accents you have thus far are perfect and I feel that a white vest would be too much white on you. Stick to darker colors for the soft parts, it will make the markings pop way better.

"But no matter what anyone tells you....real women can not only bake delicious crescent rolls but they can also murder you with them." -Tyno Krast

klown5ive

• Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya?
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2013, 11:37 AM »
I agree with the trophy maker, a white vest and kama would be a little over kill. Perhaps a royal blue for both of them with white accents? Kinda like the animated clone kama

Northern Blue Moon
Goes Full Tassel
Force hunter number five. Coincidence? Or not?

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2013, 01:36 PM »
Disagree. Lighter coloured soft parts photograph better, show up weathering better.

I would however not go for plain white, I would go for a light grey.

z2the4

« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2013, 08:12 PM »
Light gray is what I'm looking at for the vest and kama, kind of a "neutral" color IMO

Small update, Monday my Chest/Ab, Shoulder, Bicep, Gauntlets, Thigh, Knee and Shin armor will be started by a gentlemen I met on Instagram/Facebook(not sure if he's on here, or wants to be named right now).
He is supposed to start Monday and send me some progress pics which I'll post up here.

Only pieces I'll need now is a back plate(going to be custom made with integrated jetpack), boot cover and cod plate.
Even more awesome is he's allowing me to make a few payments on the kit :)

Next gotta figure out a flightsuit that fits my big belly lol

On a side note, just so this post isn't completely photo/progress-less.

Here is my LD-9 blaster pistol I'm working on, got it all put together just need to use some spotting putty to fill the seams of the two halves and where I chopped up the scope that was on top of the gun for the barrel.
Then I can finish painting it.

Talyc Rancor

• The Mermaidlorian
« Reply #7 on: Aug 31, 2013, 09:40 PM »
You still going to kick it my way to weather/paint it?

z2the4

« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2013, 11:03 PM »
*EDITED photo to show what's what in the sketch*

Concept I've drawn out(badly I might add).
This is looking at the left side as if it was laid with the left side on top of the right side.
I already know I want to have the cod plate attached to the belt(person I'm getting my armor from does his this way), and the Kama will be attached to the belt from inside, then fold over the outside of the belt.

Anyhow.
What you see in the picture is a armor plate attached to the upper 2/3rds of the side of the Kama.
My idea is to just attach it by the top of the plate, so it can move independent of the Kama so it wont bind up.
Not only is it used for protection(thigh armor is only covering front of thighs) but the left side will store my collapsible Force Pike when not in use.

Comments?

« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2013, 11:53 PM by z2the4 » Logged

Talyc Rancor

• The Mermaidlorian
« Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2013, 11:15 PM »
I thought that was a gun.... :-X sounds like a good plan.

z2the4

« Reply #10 on: Sep 01, 2013, 11:53 PM »
I added text to the sketch, maybe you'll understand better now?

Alardis Kryze

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2013, 01:40 AM »
It's okay now =) Pretty understandable. Just do it  8)

It's time to verp!

M.A.B.L.E. #041
V.R.C.A. #032
B.E.A.R.D.S. #056

z2the4

« Reply #12 on: Sep 08, 2013, 11:59 PM »
Who has a few updates?
THIS GUY!
Well sort of, Otec Kalamu is currently making my armor for me.
Now I've never met him before, and just know him from Instagram mostly.
But this Vod is one of the coolest Mando's around  8)

He's making for me;
*Chest/Collar/Ab
*Shoulders
*Biceps
*Gauntlets
*Cod
*Thigh
*Knee
*Shin
*Boot covers

Anyhow, here's some of the parts he's got so far.
Chest/Cod

Boots

Shin and Cod again

Should have the armor in a few weeks as soon as I've paid it off :)
I can't wait!
Working on finding a Flightsuit right now, having issues with sizing, not sure if I'm getting my chest/waist sizes wrong or what but I get a different size depending on if I go by chest or waist size.

And then I gotta get a vest, isn't there a member here who makes vests on the forums?

On a side note, completely redid the padding in my bucket so I can see out of the horizontal line of the T-visor now YAY!

Well that's all I have for right now.

« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2013, 02:04 AM »
hello! yes, it looks good...I need to post my build for others to see....:)

-Miska Seron

z2the4

« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 2013, 12:47 PM »

:) not my bucket, its his but you get the jest of it,  can't wait to get it!

Talyc Rancor

• The Mermaidlorian
« Reply #15 on: Sep 10, 2013, 01:56 PM »
Will you be ordering any lightsaber crystals for trophies when I get around to getting the product I need to make them? If so, what colors and how many are you looking to get? I am thinking of charging at most $25 per crystal, but I can run you a package deal for more affordability.  I mean...What kind of Force Hunter would you be without lightsaber crystal trophies?!  :laugh: 8)

Strym

• Strym ad be Kyr'ram
« Reply #16 on: Sep 10, 2013, 02:10 PM »
Cool vod!
Add some cool throphies aswell. I bought toy lightsaber second hand (about 5 bucks each) and will wheather them really hard for my steampunk gladiator armour.

Strym ad be Kyr'ram

klown5ive

• Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya?
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: Sep 10, 2013, 04:23 PM »
I actually just went to Wal-Mart and picked up some fish tank crystal things. They seem to work fairly well and their extremely cheap.

Northern Blue Moon
Goes Full Tassel
Force hunter number five. Coincidence? Or not?

z2the4

« Reply #18 on: Sep 10, 2013, 05:45 PM »
Not sure about crystals, but I will carry lightsabers and ripped material off of the robes of the Jedi/sith

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #19 on: Sep 10, 2013, 09:57 PM »
I've done aqua aura crystals tied to my belt with padawan braids

z2the4

« Reply #20 on: Sep 13, 2013, 11:11 PM »
Should be getting my armour in the next week or two yippee, possibly getting a flightsuit as well. Look for some updates very soon!

Deimos Ordo

• Nah....I'm good
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 The most special of operatives Accessorised is the award for the best non-weapon prop. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #21 on: Sep 14, 2013, 03:35 AM »
Not sure about crystals, but I will carry lightsabers and ripped material off of the robes of the Jedi/sith

I like that idea of the Robe/tunic Trophies 8), and Point's Padawan Braid is also another great Force Hunter trophy. Great Stuff here so far, keep it up

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #22 on: Sep 14, 2013, 02:22 PM »
Agreed  ^^   will definately be keeping an eye on this :) 

z2the4

« Reply #23 on: Sep 17, 2013, 06:32 PM »
Decided to try a darker color scheme, and I really like it.

Dropped the white, and went with a darker over all look/feel.

Getting a white flight suit which(as long as it fits) I'm going to dye it a dark gray.
The flak vest and Kama will be black.
Armor will be solid blue.
Bucket will be primarily black, with the "eyes" and ears(and ridge going around bucket) being same blue as rest of armor.
Cheeks will be a lighter shade of gray(to resemble the flight suit color).

Armor and Flight suit are hopefully going to be shipped out this Friday, so I should have them on hand by middle of next week.
I cannot wait!

z2the4

« Reply #24 on: Sep 17, 2013, 06:32 PM »
Not sure why the picture didn't show up.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!