Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ghes Orade planning

• 10 Replies

Itolia Ulik'vhett

• Meh ni eyayti, ke'viini sosolyc
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
Ghes Orade planning
« on: Sep 17, 2013, 03:49 AM »
So i am bound and determined to get a Ghes Orade and Mirta Gev built for me and the wife.  Mirta is a complete custom build but Ghes has features of a standard suit but modified.

Using a standard 1.5" by 4" center diamond as a scale reference, I have realized that those canisters on his armor are most likely 40mm grenades and will be building a launcher to go with.

I have read the only other thread on Ghes but further suggestions/comments are welcome.  This is an ambitious project for me and I am a perfectionist so I want to get some input before I just go bashing things together. Boba knees and custom shins with foot armor also planned.

OM #1140
M.V.S. #16
M.A.R.S. #9
Oribru Akaata #14

Itolia Ulik'vhett

• Meh ni eyayti, ke'viini sosolyc
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Ghes Orade planning
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2013, 06:00 AM »
Charcoal flak vest with red shoulder caps. charcoal jango style flightsuit.

The CRL says no elstic but the "grenades"/cylinders on the shoulder do appear to be strapped on with 3 strips of elastic in a bandolier style.  Will this be acceptable or do I need to figure out some other attachment system?

OM #1140
M.V.S. #16
M.A.R.S. #9
Oribru Akaata #14

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2013, 01:52 PM »
The "no elastic" is mostly aimed at using it to hold your shins and thigh plates on. You should be fine for using it to hold those grenades! ;D

Can't wait to see this done!

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2013, 04:21 PM »
you could use nylon straps  :rolleyes:  ;) 

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2013, 04:49 PM »
Good to see someone else interested in this! 

I am slowly building my Ghes Orade as well.   ;)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Kindar Besk

• Traat'aliit Kyr'tsad!!!!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2013, 09:55 PM »
Awesome! Good luck to you on this  ;D

MMCC #0945
VRCA #041
M5 Supporter #4
New Deathwatch Order #1

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2014, 09:04 AM »
I have accumulated most of the soft parts other than the vest.  With winter, I wasn't able to do anything on the scratch build helmet for this...

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Specs_Avatar

• Just a farmer
« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2014, 03:49 PM »
Glad to see this project is still in the works. My first suit will be inspired by Ghes, hope to get the basics rolled out for OM then work my way towards the complete look. Can't wait to see another Ghes out there!

Xarandos Orade
Inspired by Ghes Orade
Planning - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75271.0
Bucket: 10%
Armor: 50%
Soft Parts: 0%
Weapons: 0%

Zedrin Ho'dag

« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2014, 10:54 PM »
Now that the weather is making a turn for the better, I am hoping to finish the bondo and detail work on the bucket....  ;D

« Reply #10 on: Jul 23, 2015, 05:09 AM »
any news on this? I was considering making a ghes orade kit and a mirta gev for my partner, it'd be cool to see someone else's interpretation of it

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!