Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Fettski's ROTJ Boba

• 59 Replies

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Fettski's ROTJ Boba
« on: Sep 24, 2013, 08:35 PM »
I have been posting updates over on The Dented Helmet and figured i should share here as well.

So far i have purchased:
Armor and gauntlets from RKD
Helmet from ASOK CC budget Boba
US army shelter half
hoses for gauntlets
chest display from Fettronics
soft parts( flight suit, vest, spats, pouches, and neck seal) from Arkady
RF remote kit from Salamander King
RF top lights from JC27
decals from lucksy31
jetpack, Girth belt, ammo belt, gloves, boots- MOW
jetpack harness-Kcr7pr
Wookie Braids- woodman
Collar/cod studs-jodokast89
Resin EE3 kit from an unknown origin

Here are some of the latest pics.

cod and collar- painted, weathered, sealed.

shoulders are reversed in pic, the one with decal(worn on left) is painted weathered and sealed. the other is painted and weathered.

right chest, painted weathered, sealed

compared to other chest, still needs weathering by the display cutout.

All of them together

remaining are just a progress update for my new rear belt armor, gaunts, and back

« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2013, 09:41 PM by Fettski » Logged
Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than blood.

Seth'ume

• I'm your huckleberry...
Re: Fettski's ROTJ Boba
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2013, 08:45 PM »
Your armor looks really good vod, I'm bookmarking this so I can see it completed  :D

I've always been curious about this process though, before I found the Mercs I wanted to do a canon Boba Fett costume. So I was wondering which paints did you use to get the green, the yellow, and red?

Hyperion hopes your death was a learning experience, but wouldn't mind if you made the mistake a few more times just to be sure.

I want your blood. And I want your souls. And I want them both right now.

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the hogs of war!"
"Dogs of war"
"Whatever farm animal of war Lana, shut up"

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2013, 04:04 PM »
Great work vod ;)

it all looks great

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2013, 08:44 PM »
Thanks.  The colors i used can be found herehttp://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/stormtrooperguys-rotj-armor-rattlecan-colors-27235/.

Here is an update on the gauntlets.  The remaining greebs are being painted and will be attached shortly.

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2013, 09:21 PM »
Looking awesome so far man! Keep up the great work!

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2013, 08:38 PM »
Most of the painting is done.  The left chest is having the weathering around the display added.  the gauntlets will have the greebs added soon.  the knee darts will be added and some weathering shortly.  Soft parts should be in by mid November then i will begin weathering them and adding Velcro for the plates and getting the alignment correct.  Hope to be ordering Jetpack and Harness soon.

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2013, 10:23 PM »
Looks great! paint colors look pretty spot-on to me  ;D  8)

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2013, 10:26 PM »
DUUDDEE!!! Looking slick!

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #8 on: Oct 02, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Here is the last pics of the armor until I get my soft parts in.  Gauntlets will be getting greebs and electronics soon.  Then I get to start the painting of the helmet.  The Remote RF is coming along and is already fabbed up, just need new electronics for the top and then disassemble for the paint up. 
Things i need to buy, frame for jetpack, jetpack, boots, gloves, ee3, girth belt and ammo belt.  I really hope to have this ready to debut at Dragon Con next year!!!

Seth'ume

• I'm your huckleberry...
« Reply #9 on: Oct 02, 2013, 08:11 PM »
 :o Those plates look superb!!! I can't wait to see it all come together with the soft parts.

Keep up the good work!

Hyperion hopes your death was a learning experience, but wouldn't mind if you made the mistake a few more times just to be sure.

I want your blood. And I want your souls. And I want them both right now.

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the hogs of war!"
"Dogs of war"
"Whatever farm animal of war Lana, shut up"

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Oct 03, 2013, 02:19 PM »
Top work vod ;) Its looking real nice. keep it up ;)

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2013, 01:34 PM »
Excellent work so far, looking forward to seeing it complete at DragonCon.

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2013, 01:32 AM »
Looking good! I would give all your armor a rub-down with #000 or #0000 steel wool to deaden the yellows and dull the silver a bit.  It helps to blend all of the colors together a tad and give the plates unity. 

I prefer the #000 but all my steel wool pads are nice and worn out.  If you use brand new ones the #0000 might be a better bet. 

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2013, 10:19 AM »
Thanks, i will see if some 0000 will help.  Just got my soft parts in.  here is a bit of a test fit.  I just threw the plates on for scale

Delta13

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 2013, 06:13 AM »
Realy nice armor Vod ;) But aren't soft parts a little too shiny? Could be a flash in camera but vest looks like it would be grey/silver? 

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2013, 06:22 AM »
Looking really cool mate, cant wait to see ye in it.

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2013, 09:21 AM »
Realy nice armor Vod ;) But aren't soft parts a little too shiny? Could be a flash in camera but vest looks like it would be grey/silver?

It is a shiny material.  It is not the same fabric but very close, its just that it has NO weathering on it and you can see so much of it.  Once i get the plates mounted on it and a little weathering it should come together better.  I havent had a chance to do another test fit since then but i am concerned about the diameter of the arm openings, they look a little tight now that i look at the pic.  I'll have to try it on again and take a closer look.
from CRL: Must be light gray in color and weathered.
The actual fabric is on the right. 

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #17 on: Nov 05, 2013, 09:21 AM »
Here is a very initial test fitting.  Plates will be adjusted, weathering will be added, etc.  I was working on attachment method and really wanted to get a pic with what i had on just to see how it looked.  The black spot over the chest plate is part of the wiring for the display that hasn't been routed yet. 

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #18 on: Nov 05, 2013, 11:22 AM »
Looking nice Vod ;)

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #19 on: Nov 11, 2013, 06:45 PM »
Getting my cape together. Almost there.

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #20 on: Nov 11, 2013, 06:52 PM »
Nice kit!

The shoulder bell looks like it needs to come up a bit. As you mentioned the chest armor is not placed right.

Your thigh pouches look a bit low and the legs are a bit baggy, you could sew the crotch in a bit that will pull the thighs up and tighten up the baggy look.

Good choice on the ROTJ, too many ESB's out there  ;)

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #21 on: Nov 11, 2013, 07:10 PM »
The legs have had me pretty upset lately as a matter of fact. I am thinking about folding the suit over itself under the vest to pull the whole lower body up a little bit with snaps.

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #22 on: Nov 11, 2013, 07:14 PM »
too many ESB's out there  ;)

Jon, I swear to god I'll drop you.  ;D

Looking good! The chest/ab looks like it could come up a hair, as the ab is hanging off the bottom.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #23 on: Nov 12, 2013, 01:46 AM »
The legs have had me pretty upset lately as a matter of fact. I am thinking about folding the suit over itself under the vest to pull the whole lower body up a little bit with snaps.

That's one way of going about it, but you'd have much better success sewing a panel out of the midsection rather than just bunching it up and adding snaps to keep it up.  That will lead to problems in your midsection with so many other pieces going on.  Many Fetts have issues here anyway getting a cod, girth, ammo belt, divers belt, and vest hem to all sit properly.

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #24 on: Dec 17, 2013, 06:54 AM »
Decided to try a new test fit since some flight suit alterations, could use some feedback as i move forward if anything needs to be changed. Bear in mind, weathering will be after i get it all looking right. I was hoping to have the girth belt on but it is too big and will be exchanged for a smaller one this week. Once this much is sorted out, i will add the connection for gauntlet hoses in the flight suit and start getting flak vest and plates aligned.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!