Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Fettski's ROTJ Boba

• 59 Replies

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Fettski's ROTJ Boba
« Reply #25 on: Dec 17, 2013, 07:35 AM »
Looks real nice, I don't see anything wrong with the fit.

Your cod piece seems to be sitting a bit low, it's touching/covering part of your thigh pouch but that's just a matter up pulling it up a 1/2".

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #26 on: Dec 19, 2013, 03:31 PM »
I agree, good improvement! And I second the comment on the cod. 

Those hoses look hilarious with nothing to hook into yet  :laugh:

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #27 on: Dec 19, 2013, 10:10 PM »
I agree, good improvement! And I second the comment on the cod. 

Those hoses look hilarious with nothing to hook into yet  :laugh:

Same!

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #28 on: Dec 23, 2013, 09:38 PM »
What have other people done between harness and backplate?  I have not tried it all on yet but this is on my duct tape dummy so it should be close. 
Also is a pic of my shin tool progress. I have a feeling I'll have a Patterson chemical stirrer in my stocking from Santa.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than blood.

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: Dec 23, 2013, 10:59 PM »
Looking good my man!

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #30 on: Dec 23, 2013, 11:40 PM »
I do love a Fett build :) Great work, all coming together nicely. I don't have that jetpack harness (but I want one) I think that once you have a proper test fit, you should find you won't have an issue.

BobaFiend

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #31 on: Dec 24, 2013, 07:40 PM »
I do love a Fett build :) Great work, all coming together nicely. I don't have that jetpack harness (but I want one) I think that once you have a proper test fit, you should find you won't have an issue.

Same, this shot may help though.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/boba-fett-supertrooper/p10196-boba-fett-supertrooper-costume-test-fitting.html

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #32 on: Dec 25, 2013, 08:25 PM »
That link is flight suit and harness.
My issue is the material at the bottom of the vest that covers the harness.  It bunches up and might cause me a problem when i go to fit the jetpack on the rail that sticks through the half circle opening at the bottom of the backplate.

BobaFiend

« Reply #33 on: Dec 26, 2013, 01:54 AM »

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #34 on: Dec 27, 2013, 10:33 AM »
Check out the slots cut on the ESB promotional costume's vest

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/boba-fett-esb-promotional/p11623-boba-fett-esb-promotional-armor-2.html

Thank you.  I am still on the fence how to tackle this best.  I will work with one of my local seamstresses and do a fitting and go from there.  In the meantime, i will be starting the weathering of the flightsuit soon. 

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2013, 11:49 AM »
Great progress here. Always love a good Fett build :)

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:37 PM »
Here is what i did about the vest and harness

And here is some more fitting tests for plate alignment and velcro attachment before i had the harness openings sewn into the vest.

I still need a little more velcro under the armor and possible some snaps or magnets to ensure proper alignment after washing vest or anytime i need to remove the plates.  Once they are all aligned, I will mount the snaps for the Diamond.

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2014, 06:00 AM »
Nice work my man! I hate to say it but the back plate does look a little too wide for you though :/ The shoulder bells could perhaps do with being raised a fraction too, but other than that it's looking good to me :D

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #38 on: Jan 04, 2014, 07:45 AM »
Here's to hoping that the backplate will look better once the harness is holding it closer to my body like it should. I'm not even sure how I would trim it down if it's not good enough. Once the flightsuit, jet pack and belts are on I think it should be good.   Good point about the shoulders.

BobaFiend

« Reply #39 on: Jan 04, 2014, 08:52 PM »
I think the shoulder armor looks like it's in the right spot compared to the shoulder seam of the vest, the shoulders of the vest are just a bit wide.  You could move them up a bit if you like but you won't be able to see very much of the sleeve ribbing.

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #40 on: Jan 05, 2014, 09:51 AM »
Looking really nice I agree with BobaFiend about the shoulders.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #41 on: Jan 25, 2014, 08:58 AM »
All right experts,  I know this still has a bit of work to do but i had to do another round up to see where i stand.

Things i know:
Right gauntlet hose still needs to be connected.  I have a plan.
I still need to attach the diamond once the plate placement is finalized
shin tools are still being finalized
Cape is waiting for collar to be finalized and have the studs attached
wookie braids need to be secured in place
knee launchers need the little bit of paint on them
of course helmet paint and jetpack
still a little bit of weathering to do on gloves and flight suit.

Other than that please feel free to offer suggestions for improvements.

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #42 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:50 AM »
Bravo good sir! You wear your Fett well :)

-Your flight suit is suspiciously clean.... ;)
-Your gauntlet hose is probably WAY  too long. Mine is about 6 inches.
-I don't know what's going on with your girth belt, but something is up. We should be able to see more of it. The way mine is worn is that I put half of it over the cod, and wear the ammo belt over the other half.

Suggestions:
-Take your time with the painting. I've seen too many Fetts get burnt out from trying to do the damn thing over night. I did mine about 1 panel a night. Same to your jetpack.
-You said you still needed to secure your braids, right? I put thread through them and through my vest, so now the go no where.
-If you decide to upgrade your boots, definitely go with the MOW's 2013. They're wicked nice and highly accurate.

Good stuff though! I can't wait to see it finished :D

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #43 on: Jan 28, 2014, 04:21 PM »
Thank you for the comments!!!  The flight suit has a little weathering but will get more.  The hoses are long because I am planning to attempt attaching the buckle to the jp harness. Still working the the details. I want it secure so I don't rip fabric should it catch on something. I will def take my time on the remaining painting.  I will get the braids secured next chance I get to work on the kit.

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #44 on: Feb 05, 2014, 09:17 PM »
Still a little more work to be done.

Tact Kor

« Reply #45 on: Feb 05, 2014, 09:37 PM »
Nice looking Jetpack man. There is a guy in TDH that sells the correct decals I used them as a guide to help paint mine on.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #46 on: Feb 05, 2014, 09:45 PM »
I have all the decals from lucksy(sp?)

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #47 on: Feb 14, 2014, 03:18 PM »
Looking good! Sizing is almost spot on. I really admire your work weathering it so well and accurately. Hope the build ends up as good as it has been so far. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on it! Oya!

BobaFiend

« Reply #48 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:22 PM »
I'm sorry to say buddy, but your jetpack weathering just doesn't look a whole lot like the movie. With such good reference available for the ROTJ pack I don't think that it will pass muster that way.  Unless you still have a lot to add topically, you may need to re-asses where you are on that piece.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/boba-fett-return-of-the-jedi-jetpack/p11462-boba-fett-return-of-the-jedi-jetpack.html

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
« Reply #49 on: Feb 25, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Here are some updated pics of the Jetpack/ backplate adjustments. Big thanks to Vultana for helping me out.  Still working on the weathering and remaining parts of the jetpack once i get the hardware parts configured.  Then finally comes the helmet.

Here was after we reshaped the backplate to fit me better. I know there isnt much to see but thats the point, no backplate sticking out the sides anymore.

Here is the Jetpack being supported by the harness. The far left stud is missing because it needed a longer screw for the cape.

Side view of jetpack supported by the harness

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!