Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

El wire flexibilty

• 1 Replies

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
El wire flexibilty
« on: Oct 01, 2013, 05:42 PM »
So I recently procured a whole mess of el wire, and it's going to outline my visor, but I'm wondering how much flex it has without damaging the lights. Can I do 90 degree angles? Greater than that? Also what method can I use to attach them? Will hot glue work?

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Kalyn Solari

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: El wire flexibilty
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2013, 07:51 PM »
i've gone over 90 degrees but be careful because you could make a kink and if you do, sometimes you have to cut off up to that point so the wire works again. Here's how I did mine:

So long as you don't bend it all the way, you'll be fine.

for attachment, I used epoxy putty but hot glue also works

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!