Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Shaugi's soft bits

• 16 Replies
Shaugi's soft bits
« on: Oct 03, 2013, 04:09 PM »
Boilersuit and boots arrived today!!!  ;D

I'll start adjusting sizes at the weekend

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Shaugi's soft bits
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2013, 07:49 PM »
nice ;) thats the same one i started with ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2013, 08:37 PM »
Going to turn up the sleeves and legs then start weathering this weekend....MOW vet should arrive nexy week hopefully.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2013, 06:13 PM »
Sleeves and legs on the coverall are turned up properly now.
I've also decided to go for a kama and loin cloth instead of butt plate and cod.
To that end I've got hold of some cotton twill...the same stuff the coverall is made from.

I've enough material for a double layer kama, so the outer layer will be red and the inner wihte. Loin will stay white.
The outer kama is dyed...just need to get a webbing belt sorted to attach it to so I can decide on length.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2013, 02:03 PM »

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2013, 03:28 PM »
Great Start ...  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2013, 03:44 PM »
Thanks :) I'm going to have a crack at weathering the soft parts this weekend.

I also have some material ready to make a kaa + loin....which is dyed red to go with my colour scheme, and found a grey webbing belt(came free with a car mag years ago) that with a few modifications should suffice.

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2013, 04:46 AM »
Kama, loin and belt ready for weathering now  :D

Zechs

• Overkill is underrated
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2013, 11:30 AM »
Looks good!  I like the addition of the kama in the front, I hadn't really considered that, but I might for my costume now  :P

AKA "Lightning Rod"

"Heh.  You survived?  I can fix that."

MMCC #1082
BOMB #41
MABEL #54
ALUMINATI #28

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2013, 11:34 AM »
Looks good mate.

« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2013, 06:46 PM »
Looks good mate.

Thanks Kyp...not too sure about the flak vest though...seems a bit on the short side. I'll get some better pics of it on hopefully this weekend.

Looks good!  I like the addition of the kama in the front, I hadn't really considered that, but I might for my costume now  :P

The loin cloth/kama is because I was struggling to work out a cod I liked lol luckily my Mum is a bit handy with a sewing machine  :laugh:
The cloth is Cotton Twill. . .the same stuff as the boiler suit is made from just with some red dye on one sheet...it's lined with more cotton twill that's left white.
The loin shape is Mum's idea to prevent it catching on knee armour.
The Kama has a velcro strip along the front to attach the loin so I can be put on/taken off easier as well as some belt loops added t othe sides to keep it in place.
The belt came from a car magazine years ago and just has the magazine logo ground off the buckle  :P

Speigel

• Boom. Done.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2013, 12:39 PM »
very nice! absolutely love the design of the kama

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2013, 02:08 PM »
If ye feel the vest is a bit short, just add a bit to the bottom or use a wide girth. Boba's vest is short too, but from the pics i cannae see it very well.

« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2013, 08:17 AM »
It's a boba vest Kyp  :P

I'm thinking a wide berth would be a good option.

« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2013, 02:47 PM »
Kama and loin finally weathered. Thanks to photobucket for taking my nice hi-res pic and making it look rubbish  :laugh:

« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:18 AM »
Material samples have arrived for the cloak....and they suck  :laugh:

Got my cloaking material sorted though...I've had a trial run with the proposed design ( excellent work mum  :P )
It's hangs nicely with a pleated top, it billows out really nicely when I walk and just seems to generally work.
That'll get made up sometime during the week when mum has nothing much to do lol ...any leftover material is going towards a sash belt to cover my belly

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!