Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Orar Beskad's 1st W.I.P

• 4 Replies
Orar Beskad's 1st W.I.P
« on: Oct 07, 2015, 01:07 PM »
So here I am with my first WIP. I've never done anything like this, so this is a huge learning experience for me. All the feedback, suggestions, insults and trash talking will be greatly appreciated. :P Work and RL allow me only about one day a week to myself, so bear with me, this might take a while.

The upper portion of the chest and abs look a bit large, but once I am able to get them bent properly I think they will look better. My next step is to transfer this to poster board so I am able to bend it a little and get a better idea of how it will look.
I'm also considering losing the #4 ab plate. It looks a bit too low. Also looks like it could restrict movement.

Corvas Ta'niyr

• Sushir at taor be simir
  • Awards 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Most invasions trooped in 2017 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Orar Beskad's 1st W.I.P
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2015, 03:54 PM »
(speaking from experience) Increase the size of the arms eye on the chest plate.  This will make the chest plate a bit narrower but will also allow you to cross your arms or allow you to punch the greeblie buttons on your vambraces (gauntlets).

I debuted my kit at a recent convention here in Portland, OR - I ended up with some major bruising on the inside of my biceps from where the armor restricted my attempts at activating my phone my R vambrace.

An ounce of prevention...

Marsh

Sushir at ashi- o' at katahre bal kathtare- val mr ganar etie gehat'ik at rejorhaa'ir - Listen to others - even the dull and ignorant - They too have their story to tell.

G.O.M.O.L # 004
MiB #003
GBOT #013

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2015, 02:51 AM »
Marsh is right, and yes drop the 4th plate it only really looks good on us long torsoed fat guys lol even then it's not perfect.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2015, 06:18 PM »
Thanks for the input! I'm gonna open up the arms a bit and drop the bottom plate.  I'm also working on a duct tape form of my upper body to help with forming the plates when I get to that stage. Pics will follow as soon as I have a bit more progress.

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2015, 06:25 PM »
I dropped the 4th plate from mine as well.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!