Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

So You're Going to Build a Mando!

• 95 Replies
Re: So You're Going to Build a Mando!
« Reply #90 on: Nov 17, 2020, 10:29 AM »
So as for colour palettes I plan on making a maroon and pale pink palette like Chars Zaku II from the MS Gundam series. As for additions, are military-like number and lettering decals allowed onto the helmets and armour? 

Celtkhan

• Want some soup?
« Reply #91 on: Nov 21, 2020, 10:20 AM »
Ive seen a couple kits with lettering and numbering on them. Usually phrases or quotations, but occasionally identifiers. You should use the Mandoa or Aurebesh equivalents rather than normal alphanumerics, though.

nintern

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din.
« Reply #92 on: Dec 16, 2020, 11:45 PM »
I've been making some weapons using my 3d printer and MPLA filament.  The guide doesn't say one way or the other for MPLA.  Would that be usable for an armor set?

Celtkhan

• Want some soup?
« Reply #93 on: Dec 27, 2020, 08:07 PM »
PLA is the standard recommended filament for armor kits. You might want to reinforce it with some fiberglass and resin to prevent delamination.

« Reply #94 on: Dec 31, 2020, 02:52 PM »
Ive seen a couple kits with lettering and numbering on them. Usually phrases or quotations, but occasionally identifiers. You should use the Mandoa or Aurebesh equivalents rather than normal alphanumerics, though.

Thanks for the info! I really like tactical markings in general (I use them a lot on model kits and airsoft loadouts), so I'll follow your advice and incorporate them into my own Mando armor when the time comes.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #95 on: Jan 01, 2021, 01:10 AM »
Ok, I already built one kit (though not n approvable one) and am currently looking to improve it a little at a time. I already bought a set of vambraces from DHPFX and am tempted to pick up his back plate and torso plate sets (though I want a different set of Pauldrons) however, Im not sure about what size I would need given my measurements. Im a male, 56 tall, weighing about 175-190 lbs,l. My chest circumference is 42 , and measures across the chest from the inside of one shoulder to the inside of the other is 14 across,  the length of my torso from clavicle to navel is a full 16 long (I have a long torso and short limbs), a belt circumference of 38, and belly circumference of 44, So, Im not sure if Id need a medium set ( because of my chest width) or large set (to account for my torso length and middle age spread).

« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2021, 10:19 AM by Tramp Graphics » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!