Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy

• 143 Replies

ragwafire

• (she/her//they/them)
Re: Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy
« Reply #15 on: Jul 03, 2014, 07:36 PM »
So, it says that a Duster is allowed in place of a back plate for medium and light. What about a trench coat? They're essentially the same thing, but a Duster is longer and is a bit less decorative. It's not that big of a difference, I'd just like to clear it up so I don't make any incorrect assumptions.

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Jul 04, 2014, 07:01 PM »
I'm not so sure about a trench coat, I mean I could easily see an arctic mando using one. Maybe if you turned the coat into some kind of coat + kama, I know Xyyyr the Jawalorian used a Jawa like cloak (kind've like a trench coat). Also, you could wear a backpack instead of a backplate.

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

ragwafire

• (she/her//they/them)
« Reply #17 on: Jul 04, 2014, 11:07 PM »
Also, you could wear a backpack instead of a backplate.

I'm not so much looking for a substitute for a back plate as I am for a way to use materials I already have, such as my trench coat.

Kaden Amas

• Don't do it, bad idea.
  • Awards Special Weapons Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #18 on: Jul 07, 2014, 09:39 AM »
I think for point and purpose, duster and trench coat are interchangeable. The only difference is trench coat (heavier) is designed for military use and duster (lighter) is designed for riding horses. There a number of Mercs with long coats on the forums here. Jacen Rangir of the FireStorm Clan is an example.

Special Weapons Brigade, Weapons Master
Mir'Sheb #19, B.E.A.R.D.S #70, Nerf herder #2

OlekCordura

• Family is more than Blood
« Reply #19 on: Aug 04, 2014, 12:27 AM »
Could a Kama be added to light armor? I like a stripped down armor look as I tend to favor blitz tactics, but I also like Mando armor with a Kama.

OlekCordura

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: Aug 08, 2014, 07:30 AM »
Could a Kama be added to light armor? I like a stripped down armor look as I tend to favor blitz tactics, but I also like Mando armor with a Kama.

Kamas aren't armor so you can add a kama to any class

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #21 on: Aug 29, 2014, 10:05 AM »
Exactly.   Kama's arent armor.  They're an accessory ;)    You can armor a kama,  but its still a Kama. 

« Reply #22 on: Sep 03, 2014, 06:22 PM »
Hello, im new to this website and love the mandalorian mercs idea. Mandalorians always popped out at me when i saw the movies my favorite character was always Jango Fett. I'm 13 years old and I am 5 foot 3 and a half. I dont really know how to measure anything such as plates and helmets (btw im going for the light style of armor) So could anyone help me with sizing for plates and helmets. As well as what materials to use and accurate pricing for a full set of armor. If anyone could tell me any of this information and have any videos showing how to size and make armor or anything like that it would be much appreciated. Thank you very much

Revix

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #23 on: Sep 17, 2014, 06:50 AM »
most of what you looking for is here
The rest we will be happy to assis with, but the best people to help will be clan mates in your area: Regions and chapters

Hope it helps, also being 13 you'll have plenty of time to perfect your kit till your 18 and can become official member, in that time you'll be  verd'ika corps which is still pretty cool ;D

Vencuyanir

• So, who wants Roba Steak?
« Reply #24 on: Oct 06, 2014, 11:34 AM »
    Is buying laceless boots acceptable for the light armor acceptable? Or do we have to make the *Boot armor*

Nu Draar dinuir laam (Never ever give up.)

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #25 on: Oct 06, 2014, 11:38 AM »
if they have no laces or visable zips, your good m8

Vencuyanir

• So, who wants Roba Steak?
« Reply #26 on: Oct 06, 2014, 12:08 PM »
if they have no laces or visable zips, your good m8

Thanks Vod.

Nu Draar dinuir laam (Never ever give up.)

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #27 on: Oct 06, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Thanks Vod.

Thats ok, but Allot of these questions are available with just reading the CRL's

Mikelus Keldab

• It's broken again? Ru gotal jahaala!
« Reply #28 on: Oct 08, 2014, 10:37 AM »
No. You will be kind of in between light and medium.

As Tom told me a while ago.
Boba is light,

Medium is a minimum of Jango, maximum Jango with bicep plates and upper Georgette (Collar plates kinda like a dog collar)

Heavy armour is the above. but with wrap around thigh, shin and bicep plates.

So you won't be medium, unless you've met a Jango set minimum.

So, if I were to set up a "medium" kit, with jango style thighs, and then added bicep plates, would I be considered heavy? I'm trying to build my kit so as to eventually join the mechanic brigade, but they're required to have light-medium armor... but I want bicep plates  :rolleyes:

M.A.J.I.C. #140; M.A. #128; Mir'Sheb #XXXVIII; E.R.A. #031; Aluminati #025; M.A.D #054/Beta;

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Oct 08, 2014, 11:17 AM »
I believe that unless you have ALL of the required plates for the next step up, you're still classed as the lower.  So, for example, though my kit has shnees, biceps, a double shoulder, and neck armor, I'm still classed as light because I don't have thighs  :laugh:

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!