Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy

• 142 Replies

Ryuk Shai

• I enjoy the simple things in life. Guns.
Re: Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy
« Reply #45 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:35 AM »
is it okay to have a heavy medium combo??

"Jedi are probably my favorite bounty to hunt cause they take it so honorably "-Ryuk Shai

Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso 'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr 'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
(And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear its weight together. Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.)

Ryuk Shai

« Reply #46 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:38 AM »
According to Mandalore The Uniter. Medium armour is Jango at a minimum. and a mazimum of jango with bicep plates, hand plates and collar armour. Heavy is when you take the medium armour max, and add wrap around thighs (full thigh coverage) Wrap around shins (full lower leg coverage) wrap around bicep and gauntlets (full arm coverage) and collar plates.

So if you have to be medium but want to look well armoured, you can add biceps, collar and hand plates and still be classified as medium.

This literally just answered my question thanks!!!!!!!

"Jedi are probably my favorite bounty to hunt cause they take it so honorably "-Ryuk Shai

Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso 'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr 'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
(And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear its weight together. Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.)

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #47 on: Mar 26, 2015, 12:36 PM »
This literally just answered my question thanks!!!!!!!

I was actually wronghere, what i said would still count as medium would actually be classified as heavy, but if you lose the collar or bicep plates it reverts back to medium.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Ryuk Shai

« Reply #48 on: Mar 26, 2015, 04:21 PM »
I was actually wronghere, what i said would still count as medium would actually be classified as heavy, but if you lose the collar or bicep plates it reverts back to medium.

Oh well still thanks

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2015, 07:51 AM »
Question, So right now I have light armor and I'm thinking about going Medium. Do I need a back plate for medium or is a cape (in place of the backplate) ok?

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Ryuk Shai

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 09:55 AM »
Question, So right now I have light armor and I'm thinking about going Medium. Do I need a back plate for medium or is a cape (in place of the backplate) ok?
read this it will explain

Head - Helmet
    Shoulder - standard shoulder bells
    Upper Torso - Chest plates and abdomen
    Knee - Separate knee armor
    Forearm - Gauntlets
    Back - Back plate. Capes/Dusters are allowed as long as they cover from shoulder to shoulder.
    Groin - Cod plate. Loincloths/loin cods are allowed in lieu of.
    Thigh - Standard plate coverage
    Shin - Standard shin type coverage
    Boot - boot plates are required

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2015, 10:30 AM »
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
the first post is pretty comprehensive ;)

KuranRut

• I don't Quit, I usually find better pay!
« Reply #52 on: Oct 29, 2015, 03:04 PM »
I am working on a special ops recon build i.e. Light armor. Would a knee/shin guards pass muster?

Instagram @kuran_rut

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #53 on: Oct 29, 2015, 08:51 PM »
I am working on a special ops recon build i.e. Light armor. Would a knee/shin guards pass muster?

Yep, having Knee and shins doesn't cross into medium armour, You need Jango level armour to be medium, loose any of those bits without breaking the CRL is light

Alas_Dare

• Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
« Reply #54 on: Nov 18, 2015, 07:18 PM »
Is there a Weight Limit on the Armor Classes? I met one of the Arizona Clan members this weekend, in his Heavy armor. And he said his kit weighed about 60 pounds.

Gar serim

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #55 on: Nov 18, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Is there a Weight Limit on the Armor Classes? I met one of the Arizona Clan members this weekend, in his Heavy armor. And he said his kit weighed about 60 pounds.

Physical weight..... no, as Mercs make armour from various materials, its more what you can bare and are comfortable with.
as long as its a material allowed in the CRL's I can't see a problem

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #56 on: Nov 22, 2015, 06:16 PM »
no armor weight limit at all.   Dresdons armor weighs like 140lbs. 

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #57 on: Nov 27, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Armor Requirements
Medium
Added arm pieces are required. Types of armor you can use- Pick 1 for both arms or 2 on 1 arm.   
Elbow armor
Bicep armor
Segmented gauntlet that covers the hand
Larger shoulder bells
Hand armor is  required and exempt from the "pick 1", except if you go for the extended segmented gauntlet above
* CAN do more if you so chose, but if you're going for the asymmetrical look, make sure to keep it off balance, and don't stray into Heavy Assault territory :-p

Suggested armor pieces:
Neck armor
Decap collar
Heel plate
Toe plate (not to be confused with boot plate)
Flank armor

I realize this has been beat to death, but I've got a question related to the above armor requirements for the Weapons Master Brigade. I was wanting to take medium armor and add neck armor, bicep plates (non-wrap around), and crushgaunts, as well as full boot armor. If I understand the descriptions correctly, because the bicep, thigh, and shin plates do not wrap around the arms, this still is considered medium, correct?

Vor'e!

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #58 on: Nov 27, 2015, 11:43 AM »
I realize this has been beat to death, but I've got a question related to the above armor requirements for the Weapons Master Brigade. I was wanting to take medium armor and add neck armor, bicep plates (non-wrap around), and crushgaunts, as well as full boot armor. If I understand the descriptions correctly, because the bicep, thigh, and shin plates do not wrap around the arms, this still is considered medium, correct?

Vor'e!

its medium, yep  ;D
you don't have butt plate :laugh:

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #59 on: Nov 27, 2015, 11:49 AM »
its medium, yep  ;D
you don't have butt plate :laugh:

Haha, vor'e! :)

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!