Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy

• 142 Replies
Re: Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy
« Reply #75 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Ok, I'm just looking for some clarification here, but if you aren't going to be doing brigades, you can have whatever mix of armor classes/pieces you want (excepting the minimums specified in the CRLs), right?

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #76 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:05 PM »
Ok, I'm just looking for some clarification here, but if you aren't going to be doing brigades, you can have whatever mix of armor classes/pieces you want (excepting the minimums specified in the CRLs), right?

Yup!  I mean, it might look a little funny if you have all the heavy armor plates up top, and just knees on the bottom :P but in most cases armor class isn't too big of an issue.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Robidom

• Victory awaits those who never give up!
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2016, 09:27 AM »
For strapping on plates, if my flight suit is a different color from my vest (OD green and black respectively), do the straps have to color match the parts of the suit they are strapped over? I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.

"Too noble to be a Sith, too volatile to be a Jedi... You'd be a GREAT bounty hunter!"

Always start with the big one, that way the rest seems easy and everyone thinks you're either insane, or a hardcase. Either way you win!

First kit WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90059.0

Blasters WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=113456.msg1563160#msg1563160

Second kit WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=126140.msg1677297#msg1677297

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2016, 09:39 AM »
For strapping on plates, if my flight suit is a different color from my vest (OD green and black respectively), do the straps have to color match the parts of the suit they are strapped over? I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.
No. If you look at most kits, you'll see that the vest straps are the same color as the vest. Just make sure to tails are trimmed up

The only stupid questions, are the ones you're too afraid - or too proud - to ask.

MMCC International Costuming Standards - CLICK HERE

MQ+A FAQ - CLICK HERE

MQ+A Question Form - CLICK HERE

Robidom

• Victory awaits those who never give up!
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2016, 02:09 PM »
So black straps over a green suit won't get me dinged?

"Too noble to be a Sith, too volatile to be a Jedi... You'd be a GREAT bounty hunter!"

Always start with the big one, that way the rest seems easy and everyone thinks you're either insane, or a hardcase. Either way you win!

First kit WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90059.0

Blasters WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=113456.msg1563160#msg1563160

Second kit WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=126140.msg1677297#msg1677297

Itolia Ulik'vhett

• Meh ni eyayti, ke'viini sosolyc
  • Awards 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2016, 03:54 PM »

From the CRLs:
Armor strapping:
External strapping must be of an in universe material, examples include but are not limited to tactical web belting and leather. Elastic strapping is generally unacceptable for external use (refer to the following exceptions). The preferred method for the use of elastic strapping is to conceal it within the flightsuit.
Elastic may be used for boot armor strapping, but must be of the high quality elastic and same color as the boot.
External elastic strapping may be used in the following manners:
On the knee’s, elbows and Mando “thongs” only and dyed or painted to match the flightsuit as best as possible
If fully hidden from view by armor accessories such as kama’s, ammo pouches, capes, holsters etc. It would be recommended to use a higher quality elastic rather than the inexpensive “sew in” type, in the event the coverage moves and it’s exposed. It would also be best that it match the flightsuit in color or be colors that compliment the overall color palate of the costume.

OM #1140
M.V.S. #16
M.A.R.S. #9
Oribru Akaata #14

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2016, 04:17 PM »
So black straps over a green suit won't get me dinged?
I have green straps over a tan suit for my vest. As long as your straps aren't elastic, they'll be fine

The only stupid questions, are the ones you're too afraid - or too proud - to ask.

MMCC International Costuming Standards - CLICK HERE

MQ+A FAQ - CLICK HERE

MQ+A Question Form - CLICK HERE

Drek'ar Ventress

• Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2016, 05:24 PM »
Lets stay on topic here guys/gals.  This is about Armor Classes: light/medium/heavy, not strapping.

« Reply #83 on: Jun 01, 2016, 04:27 PM »
What are the restrictions on weapons for someone that would be doing a medium armor set?
We're a few extra pieces to our medium armor sets but missing a few from the heavy.
We don't want to do the biceps pieces or the bottom back plate.
However we will be adding knees, hands, and boots.

"I live for my Squad, I die for my Squad"
"We are Mandalorians, We are Family"
"Protect & Serve to the highest bidder"

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #84 on: Jun 01, 2016, 05:28 PM »
What are the restrictions on weapons for someone that would be doing a medium armor set?
We're a few extra pieces to our medium armor sets but missing a few from the heavy.
We don't want to do the biceps pieces or the bottom back plate.
However we will be adding knees, hands, and boots.

Weapons do not correlate with armor so you can have whatever (crl approved) weapon you want no matter what type of armor you're wearing. Brigades are the only thing that restrict weapons, but you shouldn't worry about them and should instead focus on getting OM first.

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

« Reply #85 on: Jun 01, 2016, 05:40 PM »
Weapons do not correlate with armor so you can have whatever (crl approved) weapon you want no matter what type of armor you're wearing. Brigades are the only thing that restrict weapons, but you shouldn't worry about them and should instead focus on getting OM first.

My fiancee is looking to do an LPG and wanted to make sure that once he made his armor and would submit with his weapon preference that they wouldn't tell him that he's not allowed to have that kind of weapon due to his armor class rating.
I think that answers my question though, so thank you

"I live for my Squad, I die for my Squad"
"We are Mandalorians, We are Family"
"Protect & Serve to the highest bidder"
« Reply #86 on: Jul 25, 2016, 03:45 PM »
For classes or brigades that approve of more than one armor class then can your armor be "somewhere in between" two classes?

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #87 on: Sep 06, 2016, 08:44 PM »
For classes or brigades that approve of more than one armor class then can your armor be "somewhere in between" two classes?

short answer, yes.

This is still considered "light"even though I have shins, a kama, hard cod, and boot plates

Once I added thigh plates however, the armor was bumped up to "medium" as I had the minimum plate coverage for medium.

« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2016, 08:51 PM by Briks » Logged
MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

« Reply #88 on: Sep 08, 2016, 06:28 PM »
Thanks vod! I didn't wan't to make more armor than I needed so that's what I needed.

« Reply #89 on: Nov 01, 2016, 01:07 AM »
Anyone have templates for medium armor?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!