Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy

• 121 Replies

Speeps

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Re: Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy
« Reply #105 on: Oct 30, 2018, 03:19 AM »
Ah okay!

Cheers, Sep. Wasnít too sure if it carried any real consequences being light/med or heavy.

Would Jaw armour, like Kara Kelbornís, qualify as neck armour or is it more dog collar/neck shield like on a bomb disposal suit kind of thing thatís wanted?

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #106 on: Oct 30, 2018, 08:54 AM »
Ah okay!

Cheers, Sep. Wasnít too sure if it carried any real consequences being light/med or heavy.

Would Jaw armour, like Kara Kelbornís, qualify as neck armour or is it more dog collar/neck shield like on a bomb disposal suit kind of thing thatís wanted?

Neck armor is what keeps you from ending up like Jango Fett
Jaw armor, would still leave you headless.  Don't be like Jango ;)

Speeps

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
« Reply #107 on: Oct 31, 2018, 04:16 AM »
....swishy - stabby thing blocker it is then!  :like:

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #108 on: Nov 17, 2018, 10:01 AM »
On that same note, would a gorget work in place of neck plates?

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #109 on: Nov 17, 2018, 03:39 PM »

That would depend what you mean by a gorget - dependent upon which period and location you are pulling the term from, a gorget is just the top piece of the torso armour that we refer to as the collar and then another of similar size to the rear and will not cover any of the neck. Or you could be looking at some of the designs that have any manner of neck protections built in - some may be enough to classify by mandalorians standards, some may not. I advise pictures of the sort of design you have found, without them there can be no answer when the term used has such a wide range of designs.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

WIP's: EC, Twi'lek, Demolitions

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #110 on: Nov 17, 2018, 04:30 PM »
Work for what? A custom build or for brigades. If brigades, as Kris said, get some references for your specific concept and ask in brigades. If for general custom, build anf enjoy!

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #111 on: Nov 17, 2018, 11:51 PM »
WHat I'm thinking is something along the lines of the high collar piece, like Thaxos has.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #112 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:36 PM »
For a custom build, that should work fine.  For Brigades?  You'd need to ask the Brigades team.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Straka Zulu

« Reply #113 on: Nov 19, 2018, 09:21 PM »
Was just curious, possibly for a Mk.III...

Ryi Korle

• Cin vhetin
« Reply #114 on: Jan 14, 2019, 06:03 PM »
Okay quick question regarding kamas, now I know this has been asked before, however Kyria and I have been debating about this for the past few hours and I just want to set the record straight once and for all.

So, here goes. Are kamas (armored or un-armored) considered part of the medium class armor (or any class armor for that matter) or are they simply considered soft stuff/extra equipment or accessories and not taken into consideration when it comes to armor class at all?

Thank you in advance, sorry for having to repeat this question but better safe than sorry.

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!

Vode mhi, Vode an.
Adol dha ca bal munit akaanir,
Mhi oyacyir ti kot.
Vode mhi, Vode an.
~ Poem I wrote. (words changed a bit in translation.)

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #115 on: Jan 14, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Okay quick question regarding kamas, now I know this has been asked before, however Kyria and I have been debating about this for the past few hours and I just want to set the record straight once and for all.

So, here goes. Are kamas (armored or un-armored) considered part of the medium class armor (or any class armor for that matter) or are they simply considered soft stuff/extra equipment or accessories and not taken into consideration when it comes to armor class at all?

Thank you in advance, sorry for having to repeat this question but better safe than sorry.

They are extras in medium armour doesn't require kama as its the same as Jango has in the films  ;)

Heavy armour can have them in armoured fashion for butt armour

This can be found in the description in the first post PLEASE CLICK FOR FIRST POST

Ryi Korle

• Cin vhetin
« Reply #116 on: Jan 14, 2019, 07:12 PM »
They are extras in medium armour doesn't require kama as its the same as Jango has in the films  ;)

Heavy armour can have them in armoured fashion for butt armour

This can be found in the description in the first post PLEASE CLICK FOR FIRST POST

Thank you very much, I shall pass along the info

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!

Vode mhi, Vode an.
Adol dha ca bal munit akaanir,
Mhi oyacyir ti kot.
Vode mhi, Vode an.
~ Poem I wrote. (words changed a bit in translation.)
« Reply #117 on: Jun 14, 2019, 03:47 PM »
So at what point does it become a Medium kit missing thigh armor rather than a Light kit with shin armor, for example?

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #118 on: Jun 14, 2019, 06:20 PM »
So at what point does it become a Medium kit missing thigh armor rather than a Light kit with shin armor, for example?

If you have all the pieces for medium its medium until it gets all the pieces to reach heavy, till that time its light with additional parts.
It progresses up, not down  ;)

RC 1891

• Oya vode oya!!!!
« Reply #119 on: Jun 14, 2019, 07:05 PM »
Hey I'm curious about warp around armor. I want to do a heavy armor build and instead of individual plates I'd like to use wraparound. Would building armor like that stop me from becoming an official member?

My Kamino designation is RC 1891. My Mando name is Taler Skirata.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!