Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy

• 144 Replies
Re: Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy
« Reply #125 on: Jan 23, 2020, 01:37 PM »

Thanks, I did attend an armor building get -together , but I was looking for specifics on Assassin and or Gunslinger kits, weapons etc. If there are any? Or Is there a way to contact someone in any one of those groups to get more detail?
Thanks again

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #126 on: Jan 23, 2020, 01:55 PM »

Thanks, I did attend an armor building get -together , but I was looking for specifics on Assassin and or Gunslinger kits, weapons etc. If there are any? Or Is there a way to contact someone in any one of those groups to get more detail?
Thanks again

If you became a supporter of the forum you would be able to access the Brigades area of this forum.
But I strongly suggest you first aim for clearance at a basic level first and then upgrade to Brigades with a new wip there so we can help you develop further ;)

Not a Dooku fan

• Ner Mando gai is Greese
« Reply #127 on: Feb 27, 2020, 10:38 PM »
Would segmented upper torso armor still qualify for heavy? Or does it have to be one piece?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Do not speak bad of yourself. For the warrior within hears your words and is lessened by them.

Pain is your friend. Pain is your ally. Pain tells you when you have been wounded badly. But you know what the best thing a bout pain is? It tells you you are not dead yet.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #128 on: Feb 27, 2020, 11:13 PM »
It depends on the level of coverage of the rest of you, not what style of torso you use

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #129 on: Feb 27, 2020, 11:23 PM »
So you're saying I can use segmented torso armor for Heavy class?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Do not speak bad of yourself. For the warrior within hears your words and is lessened by them.

Pain is your friend. Pain is your ally. Pain tells you when you have been wounded badly. But you know what the best thing a bout pain is? It tells you you are not dead yet.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #130 on: Feb 28, 2020, 12:44 AM »
If you are doing a modern era kit, you can use any approved modern style torso armour and it will not have any effect on whether the overall kit is counted as light or heavy armour.
You can use Legacy style, which is full cover segmented if you wish to. It is the amount of armour not the style that counts for cover.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #131 on: Feb 28, 2020, 02:24 AM »
Would segmented upper torso armor still qualify for heavy? Or does it have to be one piece?

Please refer to first post: Is my armour light, medium or heavy?

Essentially Kris is right as per, type of armour has nothing to do with if light, medium or heavy but is more coverage.
The first post gives rough visual examples of what coverage is needed as well as parts required.

Hope it helps  :like:

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #132 on: Mar 01, 2020, 03:27 PM »
Thanks guys, I just wanted to make sure before things went pear-shaped and I had to start over!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Heavy armor question
« Reply #133 on: Mar 07, 2020, 01:18 PM »
I'm planning to do a heavy trooper build, I've looked at the helmet requirements but I'm asking just to be sure. I found a base helmet I like that I want to add on toand was wondering if it's acceptable
https://www.etsy.com/listing/536900964/mandowar-wnew-mouthpiece-mandalorian?show_sold_out_detail=1&frs=1

Also I'd like to make a heavy blaster like paz vizla and was wondering if it's also acceptable

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
Re: Heavy armor question
« Reply #134 on: Mar 07, 2020, 04:41 PM »
I'm planning to do a heavy trooper build, I've looked at the helmet requirements but I'm asking just to be sure. I found a base helmet I like that I want to add on toand was wondering if it's acceptable
https://www.etsy.com/listing/536900964/mandowar-wnew-mouthpiece-mandalorian?show_sold_out_detail=1&frs=1

Also I'd like to make a heavy blaster like paz vizla and was wondering if it's also acceptable

Thats Zero cool stuff, pretty sure they are not clearable as it has identifiable toy parts.

Heavy blaster like PAZ shouldn't be an issue ;D

« Reply #135 on: Mar 08, 2020, 03:12 AM »
It shouldn't have any toy parts and the mouth piece allows for a 2/3 T visor, the thing that I haven't seen anything about on the requirements is about the widened visor than a straight T.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #136 on: Mar 08, 2020, 06:21 AM »
It shouldn't have any toy parts and the mouth piece allows for a 2/3 T visor, the thing that I haven't seen anything about on the requirements is about the widened visor than a straight T.

This is more a question for the App team, you may want to ask them in  Mandalorian Q&A, this thread is purely "will this be light, medium or heavy armour?" ;)

« Reply #137 on: Mar 08, 2020, 02:21 PM »
This is more a question for the App team, you may want to ask them in  Mandalorian Q&A, this thread is purely "will this be light, medium or heavy armour?" ;)

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #138 on: Mar 08, 2020, 05:50 PM »
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction

Your welcome, its what we are here for .... to help one another  ;)

Crix Mallis

• I’m a mandalorian weapons are apart of my religion
« Reply #139 on: Nov 13, 2020, 10:52 AM »
I’m gonna be making the Paz lizla armor set but I need measurements to actually start to work on the gear, starting from scratch and will be making the whole suit. Post imperial for it

Crixus
« Reply #140 on: Dec 31, 2020, 02:56 PM »
Are the different tiers of armor viable for all periods, or are some classes limited to some eras (for example, heavy armor falling out of use before the Post Imperial era, or something like that)?

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #141 on: Dec 31, 2020, 04:12 PM »
I don't think so, at least not in the modern/PI realm. Obviously heavy still exists in PI...

Arco'thyel Wyshla

• Certified crazy cat mando
« Reply #142 on: Aug 16, 2021, 01:41 AM »
I’m a bit confused as far as PI classification goes.

I see folks saying you don’t go up one level until you have all armor pieces of the previous level. But for example, PI CRLs don’t require knee armor. Does that mean any PI kit without knee armor does not qualify for the Light Armor classification? Even if we took a heavy kit like Paz and only removed the knees?

| Hard Goods WIP | Soft Goods WIP | Planning Log |

"Visit Mandalore before Mandalore visits you. Take home some souvenirs—a slab of uj cake and a smack in the mouth." ―Baltan Carid

"Don’t take this the wrong way you guys, but uh, Mandalorians are crazy." ―Ezra Bridger
« Reply #143 on: Nov 27, 2023, 04:12 AM »
I am sorry if this has been answered somewhere in this long thread, but what is the significance of the armour classes? I am new to this forum but I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere in the CRLs or any membership requirements.

Sorontar

Second Son

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #144 on: Nov 27, 2023, 09:45 AM »
I am sorry if this has been answered somewhere in this long thread, but what is the significance of the armour classes? I am new to this forum but I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere in the CRLs or any membership requirements.

Sorontar

It's largely irrelevant for official membership / approval purposes - when it comes time for your kit approval, you either meet the CRLs or you don't. You can add more than the minimum prior to applying, but keep in mind that more parts means more to build before applying and more things for the approval team to look at (and potentially note as not meeting CRLs).
It's a handy convention when looking at the various professions in the Brigades - some of them require more than CRL minimum armor, and some only require the minimum.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!