Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Easy Girth Belt Tutorial / WIP

• 32 Replies

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Easy Girth Belt Tutorial / WIP
« Reply #30 on: Oct 13, 2016, 02:30 PM »
** Setting this thread as a sticky, so people don't have to go digging for it anymore **

« Reply #31 on: Aug 08, 2017, 09:45 PM »
:) Hello, Here is an easy way I found to make a girth belt.

All the items were purchased Wal-Mart that has a sewing section.  ;)

Supplies needed:
Clothesline Rope, Cotton takes dye the best. - Utility and Tools section - 4$
Burlap Jute - sewing/craft section - 63 cents a yard, 4 yards purchased, needed 3 - 2.52$
Hot glue gun and glue sticks - sewing/craft section - had this but if not - 4$
Overall buckles set - sewing/craft section - 1.25$
Plain white Elastic - sewing/craft section - 1$
Dye - Laundry Detergent section - 2.50$ (Lots of colors available USUALLY)
*Duct Tape

$15.00 or less and you can say you made it, Its Easy  :)

This method could be applied with any buckles(old belts), burlap(produce/potato sacks), cotton rope(the junk drawer) and dye(that dye you bought 3 months ago to darken some old pants) ... Just some hot glue and Voila  ;)

Step 1 - Wrap clothes line around something a tad bigger than you. After you Wrap, slide a piece of Duct Tape behind and wrap top to bottom to secure the rope for step 2.

Step 2- I hot glued Burlap strips on to stabilize  and hold together.

Step 3 - I have pulled off chair back and added more duck tape wrap where I will cut it open.

Step 4  - Burlap Jute Hot Glued on the ends and a piece is added to the interior for more stability.

Step 5 - Both ends with Jute added, Hand sewn in elastic with Overall Buckles added.

Step 6 - Dyed once with Rit Dye, Dark Brown. I use the washing machine on small load to dye and then run shop towel load to clear it out. I will probaly dye it some more. The Dryer on low heat dryed it well and did not mess up the hot glue. The glue bonds well with clothesline rope and burlap jute.

Hope this may help some, enjoy  :)

Is there a special way to wrap the rope? Or just do it normally?

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #32 on: Aug 08, 2017, 10:09 PM »
Just wrap it like you normally would.  ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!