Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

how to make a Lighted up visor?

• 5 Replies

rafamacamp

• (Talyc Besbe'trayce)
how to make a Lighted up visor?
« on: Nov 21, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Su'cuy!

I was searching for tutorials to make that nice glowing visor like the republic commando ones. But i don't found anything.
So i was thinking about a second layer right in front of the visor, hided in the boarder of it, and the visor could reflect the light.
BUT! a dark visor will be good to do this, or a chrome visor will get a better result? And if i put light in a dark visor, people will be able to see me across the visor?

So with all this bad stuff that could happen bouncing inside of my head, i decide to come here and ask!

How to make this thing?

Re: how to make a Lighted up visor?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2013, 09:13 PM »
You could use some EL wire and make a recess in the top of the visor opening and kinda jam it up in there?

Einn_Karel

• its about the 00100100
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2013, 09:18 PM »
talk to Jaro. he did an amazing job on his cyrax crossover. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62860.msg929488#msg929488
you can also talk to Ronin Tavic, he added EL to his bucket under the mentorship of Jaro

Einn Kar'el- Zabrak Mandalorian
Mandalorian Riders #0006
MAD #038

"I'm a Pacifist"
"You're a Mandalorian..."
"Would you start a fight with me?"
"No..."
"See? I'm a force for peace."

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2013, 11:15 PM »
Did somebody say RONIN???  :P
EL wire is definitely what you want. It's cheap on Amazon($10 will get you like 10 feet), comes in a bunch of different colors, and is easy to work with. Simply cut the length wire it up.
As for where to put them, you will want them between the helmet and the visor. on the OUTSIDE of the visor. otherwise you'll be the only one seeing them.(done that!) yes you'll want to smooth out the visor area really well, and carefully place the light around the lip of the visor area where you want.
As for what kind of visor: yes you will want a mirrored visor. this will help pick up the light and push it into the field of everyone else's view.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2013, 06:11 PM »
google EL wire kits

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

rafamacamp

• (Talyc Besbe'trayce)
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:02 PM »
Thanks to all!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!