Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Gauntlet mounted device of currently unkown use

• 5 Replies
Gauntlet mounted device of currently unkown use
« on: Dec 22, 2013, 12:38 PM »
Ok...so I've opened up a un-wanted blood pressure monitor that my parents donated to the cause.
Removed all the pump, air-lines and cuff leaving me with just the unit.
From there took a spare LED and tested what would happen if I placed it over the pump connectors and turned the unit on. LED lights up while the pump would be running up until the unit throws out an error due to lack of air pressure.

Then I figured why stop at one LED?

Grabbed a flashing LED circuit I'd built from a kit and snipped off the battery connector, hooked it up and eureka...I know am in possession of a device with a working screen that will flash 2 LED's once activated running of 2 AAA batteries.

Any suggestions for what else I can do?  So far I'm toying with swapping one LED from green to red and maybe trying to add a small signal generator to the gauntlet connected to this.

[/URL][/img]

Prudii Senaar

• Copaani mirshmure'cye, vod?
Re: Gauntlet mounted device of currently unkown use
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2013, 01:34 AM »
pics/vid?
Sounds cool ;D

Elegant Mandos' Tea Society #60
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2013, 04:54 AM »
Well I totally failed at adding a pic in the last post lol  :laugh:

I've not actually got the gauntlets yet so not 100% sure of how it'll be arranged on the final piece.

The BP monitor basically works as a fancy on/off switch....the screen displays time, date and what would be the pressure if it had a pump.
I'll get a better pic and hopefully a vid today in better light.  8)

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Ok...not really an update but the gauntlet idea has been scrapped....

Because the BP monitor powered flashing leds are now going into a handheld scanner device. Alongside a sound chip giving a wibbly sorta noise every 3 seconds and, if I can fit it in the box, a servo moving  couple on antennae...looks like it'll be a tight squeeze into the aluminium box I have lined up to the antennae might be dropped in favout of more lights and stuff lol

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2014, 03:26 PM »
I am currently working on an arduino / TFT display for my gauntlet setup. Not sure to what extent. Maybe something that allows me to interact with my ship AI.

« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2014, 04:19 PM »
I've not really got much experience with arduino stuff....though its pretty easy to get hold of here

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!