Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Karvas' WIP (Arena Pack and Fancy helmet!)

• 629 Replies

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
Re: Karvas' WIP (Arena Pack and Fancy helmet!)
« Reply #615 on: Apr 03, 2013, 11:51 PM »
Good to hear you are back at it man! If you get approved in time I reckon you'd be in for a decent shot at the "Best Newbie" May the 4th award.

Haha thanks man! i dont know if i'll make the deadline or even stand a chance. But that would be cool!

xenotoes

• Beth :)
« Reply #616 on: Apr 06, 2013, 03:37 PM »
Good to hear you are back at it man! If you get approved in time I reckon you'd be in for a decent shot at the "Best Newbie" May the 4th award.

^^ THIS!

Karvas, you are a pro...so excited about your whole kit, it looks so brilliant even without being finished! KEEP GOING KEEP GOING KEEP GOING ;D

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #617 on: Apr 06, 2013, 06:32 PM »
It's good to see you back at it ner'vod ..... If I can Do it , You can to  ;)

& Yes your bucket Rocks ....  :rolleyes:

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #618 on: Apr 09, 2013, 04:00 PM »
^^ THIS!

Karvas, you are a pro...so excited about your whole kit, it looks so brilliant even without being finished! KEEP GOING KEEP GOING KEEP GOING ;D

Beth, no way! You're giving me too much credit. if anyone is pro its you! That helmet is tooooo sweet. Glad you're liking my build though!

It's good to see you back at it ner'vod ..... If I can Do it , You can to  ;)

& Yes your bucket Rocks ....  :rolleyes:

Congrats on the stripes Condar! Lets see how long till i get my own.

So I finished my helmet, officially, decided to add a rangefinder and the plastic was a hassle to paint! Primer wouldnt even stick to it! But thats done.

Today im going outside and painting up my knees, finishing my cod and working on my gaunts that dried weird on me. I trimmed my backplate too now its just a question of forming this thing!

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Legends of Mandalore Brigade Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #619 on: Apr 09, 2013, 04:10 PM »
Great! Nice to see this moving forward!! Can't wait to see that app in!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #620 on: Apr 09, 2013, 04:47 PM »
Wicked man! Can't wait to see pics of the finished helmet!

Jaa'det Otxoa

• You can't shoot what you can't see! OM #0872
« Reply #621 on: Apr 09, 2013, 05:07 PM »
Hey Karvas,
Here's another suggestion for the darts... (I know, oh great, another one...  :rolleyes:)
Why don't you just use some long nails for the darts? you should be able to pick a few 4" 20D  nails up for a few cents each  at your local hardware store, or look for "duplex" or "double-head" nails, then use a Dremel to cut the tip off at an angle and paint 'em, you can flatten the bottom of the double head so they all line up without rolling so they all stay lined up and lookin' purdy!  ;D

Oh yeah, epic build vod! Lookin' GREAT!  ;)

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013, 07:13 PM by Jaa'det Otxoa » Logged
<->Firaxan Clan<->M.A.J.I.C. #096<->M.A. #049<->M.A.D. #016<->T.E.M.T.S. #035<-> 

Weapons: 53%
Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #622 on: Apr 11, 2013, 11:10 PM »
Jaadet that's and awesome idea! I'll check at home depot when i make a trip to restock on supplies lol

Gaunts are done! So is the cod.
Just missing rocket and hoses
Pic is kind of dark but they ended up looking a lot like Boba's. Bad news is my rangefinder fell apart doing gotta find another way to stick it all together.

« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2013, 11:22 PM by Karvas Dral » Logged

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Legends of Mandalore Brigade Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #623 on: Apr 12, 2013, 12:14 AM »
Those look sweet!!!!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #624 on: Apr 12, 2013, 12:36 AM »
Those are sick man! Now we need a pic of you wearing it all :D

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #625 on: Apr 12, 2013, 05:56 AM »
The keypad might need a bit more blackwash or accent some of the buttons maybe..gauntlets often look better once weathered if theres more than one coour on them.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

« Reply #626 on: Apr 12, 2013, 10:19 AM »
That all looks great! I like to think that he cleans up the keypad after each mission to guarantee that the buttons work next time.  ;)

And it's alright that the gauntlets might look like they belong to boba, as long as the rest of you doesn't.  :P

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #627 on: Apr 12, 2013, 01:28 PM »
Looking cool bud ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #628 on: Apr 13, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Thanks everyone. I might be getting pre-app pics up this weekend if I can sort out my back plate. There's still some small fixes on my helmet. Painting my knees, attaching everything cause liquid stitch was a rip off and of course the dreaded backplate.

Yeah, I figured if you're always poking at the keypad with gloved hands you'll manage to wipe of most of the dirt in that process.  I still want to add some details to the gaunts in a second color, maybe white to go along with the ear cap details on my helmet.

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Karvas' WIP (Bucket! Woo!)
« Reply #629 on: Jan 04, 2014, 12:37 PM »

Andddd here's what I did to my bucket! Added kill stripes, still need to weather them. Don't know if I'll do designs and whatnot on the front, opinions?

OH and here's a new shot of the re-weathered helmet! Blackwashed the visor area abit more and brightened the silver!

And this brothers and sisters is how to weather a bucket!!!! So good!!!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!