Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Another Maul Mando possibly in the works

• 16 Replies
Another Maul Mando possibly in the works
« on: Jan 02, 2014, 12:12 PM »
Hey, how's it going?
Perhaps a few of you may remember me from the chat days and then for those of you on my FB friends list, you already know what I've been kicking around. After several years of bad luck, I quite possibly finally may be able to start some armor now. I've come up with my own custom idea for a Maul Mando, so this is one not seen in the CW animated series. Bare in mind, I've also been considering a Jango, so it's possible I could switch to him entirely, or attempt both ideas at the same time. I'll experiment with my mando idea first and see how it goes. With that said, there's a couple things I've been recommended I should possibly ask. To give you an idea of my character's backstory, I'm thinking of setting him in the NJO Vong Wars era. Yes, a Maul mando in the Vong wars. I think this era gives me the most freedom of what I want to do with him. He'll most likely be a nephew of one of the original death watch who sided with Maul, so that's why his armor will still be maul designed several decades later. With that said, I'm still only in the thinking stages of it all, so I ask.... Will there be any sort of problem with some CW era and Empire/Vong Era parts?
Would be it weird to add a little orange to it? a Maul Mando?
I've been told it'd probably be better to go with fiberglass or Sintra, and a trash can is just ok at best. I have no experience with fiberglass, and the one place in town that sells sintra charges 40 or so. (I'm out of a job currently, and I get only very little kind of money if I'm lucky) So if all else fails, would a trash can really be that bad? Look at this guy's http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/trash-can-armor-pics-6290/

I personally think his job is excellent.

That's all for now.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Another Maul Mando possibly in the works
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Clone wars and NJO are all under Modern Era so there is no problem there vod ;)

as for what to use  :rolleyes: Trash can armour can look awesome Just be careful what type of plastic the trash can is made from. if its made from Thermoset plastic you will have a hell of a job reshaping it ;)   

as for sintra have you looked at ordering some online ?

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2014, 04:44 PM »
No, I figure I'll just go to that place in town if I don't get the trashcan.

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2014, 05:43 PM »
One thing you may need to be careful about with this concept is it becoming a crossover. You'll definitely want to consult the App team about your concept, as if I remember someone got dinged for a kit that had looked too much like a Savage Opress cross over kit a while back. I'm not saying you won't be able to get it approved, just it'll pay to check with the app team as you go :)

« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2014, 05:50 PM »
what exactly is a crossover? there will be a couple bits and pieces of Maul's design in my mando, yet there will be distinguishable differences

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2014, 05:53 PM »
Cross over would be if your maul-dalorian winds up looking too much like savage oppress, who had a yellowy orange appearance.
I think the idea should be okay, depending on how you did it.
If the armor is a hand me down, a repaint wouldn't be unheard of, and then have vong pieces added. It could be seriously wicked :)

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Here's what I had in mind. not a full complete picture, and I may make some tweaks here and there. I'm going to delete this soon, because this isn't technically my picture. I just colored it

« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2014, 12:09 PM by InfraFett » Logged

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2014, 07:52 PM »
That looks good. I dont see it being an issue with crossover. I think it would be cool to paint it just like the mauldalorian, then add your orange and color changes after, and let some of the original show through. rather than just paint it in the new scheme. would help to sell the used hand me down look.
also might want to look here,
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=7579.0
for posting pics.  short version is post the IMG code in your mercs post, rather than a url code.
lotsa folks dont like following non-mercs links. rookie mistake, no biggie :)

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"

« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:12 PM »
Ive tried to get the direct link and then use the image code, yet photobucket won't let me copy and paste. it won't let me highlight the link so I can put it in the images here. I've tried messing with the settings and it doesn't help

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:54 PM »
odd. are you on a smart phone?

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:00 AM »
odd. are you on a smart phone?

Probably, that happens to me. Just keep trying to get it. It will happen eventually. If not, use the settings to bring the links up under the picture in the library view (thumbnail size). It makes it easy to copy and paste that.

Hope that makes sense.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:41 AM »
So are you really looking to make a custom death watch with super commando influence, to be a successor of a DW that has had a generation of 2 to evolve the paint work?

And I think you can't post as your bucket is private and blocks links to preview your post in a thread

« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2014, 11:29 AM »
for the photobucket on a cellphone, no not using a cell phone. I'll try and mess around with it later and see if I can fix it.

Ashen, I don't know for sure to your question. It won't be all deathwatch parts.

And my bucket is private? Everyone else says They can see it. I don't think I understand. And I can preview posts before I post here.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2014, 11:38 AM »
for the photobucket on a cellphone, no not using a cell phone. I'll try and mess around with it later and see if I can fix it.

Ashen, I don't know for sure to your question. It won't be all deathwatch parts.

And my bucket is private? Everyone else says They can see it. I don't think I understand. And I can preview posts before I post here.

Can see it if you follow link, but not preview on a forum  thread as the link gets blocked (its a theory)

DW wise, by the picture you linked it looked like DW all the way just Super commando colours + mods thats all

« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:11 PM »
I got it now. heh. And Ashen, I just searched for random mandalorian photos I could colorize to get my idea known. I did a quick color through and didn't erase or add anything. I just wanted the general idea across and make sure my Maul idea would be fine

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:35 PM »
I got it now. heh. And Ashen, I just searched for random mandalorian photos I could colorize to get my idea known. I did a quick color through and didn't erase or add anything. I just wanted the general idea across and make sure my Maul idea would be fine

Ah, so just a template you used then, fair enough makes things easier.

so what elements of Dw are you thinking of using or is it just the Maul like paintwork?

« Reply #16 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:58 PM »
Mostly Maul schemed. I may consider the side leg pieces from DW, though.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!