Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Clan Plan for the Future

• 176 Replies
Re: Clan Plan for the Future
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2015, 03:07 PM »
Okay.. I liked Wasu'ran.. but combined with Clan... it starts to sound silly... Can we do do it? The Wasu'ran Clan can. It makes me chuckle....

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2015, 06:19 PM »
What about wasur'alite? Roughly, west squad/ team.
 Or krana'wasu western settlement surrounded by water

We really need to come.up with a list so we can properly see our options

How about everyone comes up with two options then we have a vote to being it down to five definite choices

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:23 PM by bassplaya » Logged

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2015, 07:01 PM »
We wouldn't be the first to have a name that rhymes with "clan". Raquordaan Clan, and Muraan Clan can, too! :P

I'll just put this out there: if I had a vote that carried weight, I would vote for Wasu'ran. It feels right to me.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:40 PM by Serim Merec » Logged
M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2015, 10:22 PM »
I think we can opt out of using "clan".  Don't we have The Black Watch?   I'll be home from the Prince George con tonight and can look into it if nobody else does first

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2015, 10:43 PM »
If you go to the Clan/Squad locator there are only two chapters of the Mercs that don't have "Clan" or "Squad in their name: Skirata and Shonare Vhekadla. However, when you go to their respective Forums they are both identified as Clans in their name.
If there are naming rules I don't know of, they're probably somewhere I don't have access to :rolleyes:

paradoxdj

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2015, 12:29 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of using "aliit" in the clan name, simply because it translates directly to "clan". If we did our clan name would translate from "wasuur'aliit clan" to "western clan clan". Which sounds kinda silly to me.

As for opting out of using 'clan'. I personally like the use in a detachments name. My vote is that we use it, however if the majority votes against then I have no problem with that. I think on the forums the sections will always have the word clan, squard, or area attached to them simply to keep things organized and in proper classification so I don't think we can avoid that.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2015, 10:05 PM »

bwahahahahaha

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:09 PM by Zophar Ptay » Logged
Late Crusader WIP

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2015, 04:28 PM »
Converted bassplaya's sketch to a vector file and starting to clean it up into something that can be used.  still a lot of cleaning to do but it's good practise.   We're not locked into this by any means, I'm just looking for projects to practise.

Late Crusader WIP

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2015, 05:34 PM »
That was kinda fun.  Still tinkering with the forms, but I now have a fully vecrtorized file that can be used for patches, coins, laser cutter, whatever.  I think. Maybe. Possibly.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:43 PM by Zophar Ptay » Logged
Late Crusader WIP

draco.mac

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #144 on: Jun 10, 2015, 01:35 AM »
Hey so vancouver is making a clan hopefully Cody and I get approve right away and you'll have two more clan members!!

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #145 on: Jun 10, 2015, 02:49 AM »
Hey man! Good to see you signing up for Official Membership! ;D I don't know if you remember me, but we talked for a little while at Fan Expo Vancouver ;)

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #146 on: Jun 13, 2015, 12:06 PM »
I like Wasu'ran! Not sold on the bear holding ammo logo (sorry). Could we try our own rendering of a mythosaur skull but with our own spin on it? Like a combination of bear moose and whale? Maybe a bit of eagle? I can see if I can throw something together later if anyone likes the idea.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #147 on: Jun 13, 2015, 02:10 PM »
Throw it together, see what comes of it.  At this point, it's all just playing around and nothing official yet till we get more boots on the ground.

Late Crusader WIP

Echo9

« Reply #148 on: Jun 13, 2015, 06:51 PM »
Yah I'm not completely sold on the bear either. Are there bears in the star wars universe??
I like Wasu'ran.. has a nice ring to it :)

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #149 on: Jun 13, 2015, 06:56 PM »
The bear idea evolved from wanting to tie the symbol into native BC culture, which led us to thinking along the lines of Spirit Bear which led to Vojtek, the bear adopted by a Polish artillery unit in WW2 was was said to have been trained to carry artillery shells for them.   We're not set on it, but it was a fun idea.

Late Crusader WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!