Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Clan Plan for the Future

• 176 Replies

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Clan Plan for the Future
« Reply #45 on: Sep 28, 2014, 08:00 PM »
I've tried a few times to get armour parties going.   I haven't met a single 501 here in BC and as far as I can tell I'm on my own out here.  If you'd be so kind as to post the 501 events so locals can at least get to meet each other that would be wonderful.  Other than that, I've sent in my application.  As a freelancer.  This thread is and was an attempt to build some form of community in the area because there is none.  We don't belong in the Hett'ciri, we don't belong in the Oceanhawks, we're on our own out here and trying to get to know each other and get to build a sense of community.

If you and TRM want to go about this with the whole "if you aren't OM then your ideas aren't even worth considering" mentality, then I'm not interested in being part of your future clan either.   I'm quite content as a freelancer.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
« Reply #46 on: Sep 28, 2014, 10:17 PM »
that is not what i am saying . weather you have om  or not your ideas matter in this idea of growth. and you are not the only one here. you told me before that you can not commit to dates due to your work . So i am going to do this . my phone number is 604-785-2326 call me and we can work on our stuff together so we both and get things done. I work monday to friday and i am home at 730 pm and i am free on sundays to work on stuff. And this go for anyone else who want to work on stuff or just have a shoot the -censored- night over coffee of any other drink.

We all want this to work out and give bc its own clan.

you can never have to many guns when you hunt

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #47 on: Sep 28, 2014, 11:00 PM »
Yes, my work isn't conducive to making plans.   As an example, today was my only day off this/last week, and tomorrow I'm working 6AM-9PM.   That should likely be my hours every day through the end of October, seven days a week unless one of my contracts cancels on me.  I might could do a pint one night, but that would be about the extent of it.

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #48 on: Sep 28, 2014, 11:33 PM »
a pint sounds great to me . call me and we can meet up

you can never have to many guns when you hunt

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #49 on: Sep 28, 2014, 11:35 PM »
Been meaning to make my way back out to Central City Brewery.   I'll have to take it day to day though... i'll be in touch

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #50 on: Sep 30, 2014, 11:35 PM »
May I say congratulations Zophar on your citizenship, I see on FB well deserved.

In regards to the point of this topic, (and I mean this totally from a pro-constructice and positive way)

I understand the intent of the topic, however by the topics title, you also have to accept the rules and responsibility of which the topic entails.
Just because we live in BC we cannot simply consider ourselves non-members of Hett'ciri Clan.

If you do not feel any allegiance to the clan, it is understandable.  However that does not mean you can plan and implement actions that may not be acceptable or spite the clans leadership, and still call yourself a Mando Merc.

Going Freelance and official is contradictory to the goals you wish to reach.  (I'm not even sure that is allowable, as you reside within the geographical boundaries of a clan)

That will start problems, I would consider non-constructive, our CO is very open to ideas for growth and recruitment direction in our area, he posted earlier above Sidewalkwer is a good man to talk to and willing to help us.

The Outerrim Squad is now the Outerrim Garrison.  They are the 501st representation of BC and has grown large enough to separate from Badlands.
They have a membership of 32 (I an my wife are excluded from the ranks) the majority is separated into Van, Vic, an the interior.
Serim is about an hour an a half from members north of him, in the interior.

The main trooping event for the ORG is Fan Expo in Van, they had a major booth there this year, Mando Mercs from Hett'ciri Alberta were also in attendance. 

To gain better contact with them, and to gain potential cross trooping events, you can contact them, through FB here;
https://www.facebook.com/OuterRimSquad once you contact them on FB, and you get to know them better they may invite you into their closed FB group, they also have a Twitter account, I don't use Twitter and cannot provide additional info.

Kindly don't mention me, I have had my own drama's that I do not wish to taint your getting to know them.

Your input is important, that is the purpose of this forum, to hear what everyone has to say on the subject, but you also have to accept the fact that there is a goal, and if you are not willing to attain the goal, or to choose to reach it and then to go "lone wolf"  will not help you in the goals you initially supported.

I am not trying to take over, be pushy, knock you down or be dismissive of your opinions/posts, simply because I am  "Offical"

I have done the research, have put the time in, gained the experience, understand the mindset of the community you are in.
It is my intent to relay my knowledge, try to provide guidance, and make recommendation towards direction.

Be Well!

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #51 on: Oct 01, 2014, 03:27 AM »
Alright, Red, I get it. I've heard this type of debate, though not on the same subject, a number of times on the Mercs, but now I think I understand this how you're meaning it. There is nothing appropriate to be done organizationally at this time besides becoming OM.

In my defense, when I opened this thread I wasn't aware that we were in Hett'ciri territory. I thought that BC was simply included with the Clan because it was the closest one, but that it was more of an option than a "this is the Clan you belong to" thing. Now I know better.
(In fact when I first signed up I asked in my intro thread if there was a Clan in BC and was told by the Mand'alor that there wasn't, despite Hett'ciri being around at the time. Again, though, I know better now.)

I'd also like to say I have nothing against Hett'ciri! I've met Sidewalker and Ruusar Cinn a few times now at FanExpo, and and they're both really cool dudes! The problem remains, though, that it's a major pilgrimage to the core of our Clan, and add to that the fact that hardly any of the membership is even semi-active on the forum (as far as I know. The activity could be more and I haven't noticed, but the perceived quietness is why I was interested in a FB group since, I imagine, that is usually more commonly frequented), making it difficult for me to get to know them and create a feeling of belonging among them.
But if BC is Hett'ciri, then BC is Hett'ciri.

I apologize for how this thread can be read from Leadership's point of view: As one of dissension. It was not intended. Like I said above, I didn't know I belonged to a Clan that I could be a dissenter to!

There are a few points raised since my last post that I would like to address and try to explain my ideas better, so it can be understood my only intent was to be helpful, but there is really no point perpetuating the discussion. My bottom line would still look like this:

In the end I will end up joining Hett'ciri, and quite happily since it means I will finally be an Official Member of this Club that I've been with for so long! I still retain my opinion that there is no hurt in debating (not "deciding") names and logos as a "for fun" thing in the downtime while we aren't/can't work on our kits, but understand that that will likely not be possible. So I will be content to let this thread die, and even be locked, until such time as a discussion of the subject is more appropriate and a new thread can be opened.

I sincerely hope I have not left a bad taste in anyone's mouths with this! All I would like to do is be helpful in a way that I can be at this time, but it appears that what I can do is not needed.

I honestly look forward to trooping with, and as a member of, Hett'ciri! And to working with the other groups around here! :)

Oya Hett'ciri!

« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2014, 03:32 AM by Serim Merec » Logged
M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Sidewalker

• Faster, more intense!
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #52 on: Oct 03, 2014, 06:33 PM »
I can see where the confusion comes from.  The BC section of this forum was started because it was intended that BC would soon form its own clan, just as Saskatchewan has done.  That just hasn't happened yet.  If you guys want to officially be members of Hett'ciri, let me know, and I'll get you added.  Unfortunately, I don't get notifications when a membership gets approved in my territory (like I do in the RL and 501st) so you'll actually have to let me know.

Once there are 5 of you, please, start a clan.  That would be awesome.  I agree it's difficult to coordinate things from a province away.  I do make my way into BC at least 3-5 times a year though (not counting snowboarding and hiking just over the BC/AB border), so don't feel like I'm entirely unreachable.

Sidewalker
Hett'ciri Clan Ruus’alor Sol’yc

Sh'Sou HolDa

• "I have carbon scoring older than you..."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #53 on: Oct 03, 2014, 11:18 PM »
I can see where the confusion comes from.  The BC section of this forum was started because it was intended that BC would soon form its own clan, just as Saskatchewan has done.  That just hasn't happened yet.  If you guys want to officially be members of Hett'ciri, let me know, and I'll get you added.  Unfortunately, I don't get notifications when a membership gets approved in my territory (like I do in the RL and 501st) so you'll actually have to let me know.

Once there are 5 of you, please, start a clan.  That would be awesome.  I agree it's difficult to coordinate things from a province away.

I applaud this motion. In some areas, official members can be located far enough away from one another that it makes official Clan status difficult, but NOT impossible. I can cite my own clan's experience in having members in and around a "central" location (Winnipeg) with a few satellite members who would be able to come down for certain events, maybe one or two a year. Vhetin'Ade also took a couple of OM's into the fold from North Dakota who eventually went on to become their own squad.

The same can happen here. There is no issue or problem in being a Freelancer of course, or go on to be lone wolf, but the benefits do show when you are part of a clan, or take the initiative to start your own.

As a side note, it is always a good idea to take a look at the Clan Locator when looking to becoming official as part of the MMCC, and contact the Alor'ad of the closest clan should you seek to be part of it. That way, you have an idea as to how close you may or may not be in order to take part of the events, parties etc. or look to make the decision to create a clan of your own with others that are close by. No one wants to or should feel alienated in their membership and I am glad to see that things got straightened out in this thread. Id like to see BC get a clan together, so do not hesitate to contact me in any capacity if you have questions in how to do so.

CLAN LOCATOR
(LINK: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=26#usa)

« Reply #54 on: Oct 11, 2014, 02:20 AM »
@ Serim, I mean know hostility, short temperament, or impatience intended toward you or any other member posting here. 

I only wished to point out the importance of doing it all the right way, my views are in my lengthy replies above, so will not beat a dead gundark.

This is a good thread, lots of dialogue and good people saying their bit.  Perhaps not a Clan but a squad to get us growing is in order.

I have a good potential event coming up in Victoria this time next year (Oct 2015), I'm helping to organize it, and perhaps that can be a good goal for all of us to meet up at.

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/
« Reply #55 on: Oct 11, 2014, 04:02 PM »
How many guys do we have in each area of BC? From what I can see we've got 4 guys here on the Island (Myself, Jayrodan, Red, and Tylek). Are you our only Mainlander right now Zophar?

My beginner bucket. Made from a bucket.

Soft kit and armour WIP to come when I get the materials.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #56 on: Oct 11, 2014, 06:53 PM »
Oren-Cathal is also on the Island ;) I'm down in the Okanagan

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #57 on: Oct 12, 2014, 12:51 AM »
McC - there are a few others who pop in and out in the Vancouver area, but no OM and no steady contact with the others.

Late Crusader WIP

paradoxdj

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #58 on: Oct 12, 2014, 10:16 PM »
Sorry, I seem to have disappeared for a while.

To answer a question above, I'll be around in Vancouver for as long as I can, jobs are good for me out here. So Keep in the the possible count.

I agree that perhaps we should start out as a squad under the Hett'ciri banner until we can get a full membership roster to form our own clan. Get some events in together under the same banner and start forming that mando bond together, with that perhaps we'll all be more excited to recruit other members and build up afull  clan. Perhaps having a squad formed will get people motivated to finish up their kits so they can get in on the event fun.

I can attest to how good it is to meet the local members of other groups as well (501st, Rebel Legion, etc.) and to see what events they're opening up to the Mercs. I've been doing this and it's been great to troop and get out there in armour even without many other mercs around here. Helps keep me active until the one or two times that I actually get to troop with members of the Hett'ciri (It's great to actually get out with other Mercs and worth waiting every year). Trooping with other groups has also got me excited to work on my own kit and do upgrades, replacement parts, and what-not. So if you have a kit or want to finish your kit but have no one to troop with then maybe that's one option to get yourself motivated and active?

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #59 on: Nov 23, 2014, 11:14 PM »
Well, we have three OMs in BC so where are the rest of you recruits at?   Who is closest to being complete? Who needs what?

Late Crusader WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!