Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Carter's EC Build (Pic Heavy) Updates 3/10

• 52 Replies

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Carter's EC Build (Pic Heavy) Updates 1/13
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2014, 01:26 PM »
Wow! this build is fantastic! I love EC builds, looking forward to seeing more  8)

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2014, 01:56 PM »
Looks great Carter!!!! 8)

Would "It looks terrible, send to me for immediate destruction" work here?

Hagen quit saying that to us Crusaders and make your own! :P

Carter

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2014, 03:48 PM »
More of an organic feel to it now? LOL

Ok thanks everyone for watching. Now more updates!

So while waiting for paint to dry, I started on my shin/knees. It's a leather base, and will have bone plates on top.  I've wet formed them and began the weathering process.

Not an easy shot to take! As you can see, when I'm standing up, they come just above the knees.

Now I've added the leather lacing to the rib area, and added my hose connector, just finishing up the leather strapping.

For the rings on the leather strapping, I'm using these, which came off a belt.

Thanks Again!

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2014, 09:52 PM by Carter » Logged
M.A.J.I.C. #118

Join The Mercs, Visit exotic places, meet strange people, then kill them.
« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 2014, 12:25 AM »
I wish I had a fraction of your skills. VERY  awesome build, so far. Love the bucket!

Carter

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:46 AM »
I wish I had a fraction of your skills. VERY  awesome build, so far. Love the bucket!

Thanks! Honestly, I don't think of myself as having skills, when I look at everyone ele's kit I wish I had the skills to make one "like that".  lol.

If you ever need any help, I'll be more than glad to answer any questions, but youtube and google are still my best friends.... 8)

M.A.J.I.C. #118

« Reply #20 on: Jan 15, 2014, 02:53 PM »
'Preciate that. i gotta get off my butt and finish the Legacy kit Im workin on before I think about an EC.

Buir Be An Vheh'ade

• CMDR Flavor Fleet, Wampa Squadron SBYL-17-01
« Reply #21 on: Jan 15, 2014, 07:28 PM »
looking awesome, will probably start on my EC build after  c7. as  i have a legacy to  build  for c7 so i can be official.
 ill be following this  build of  course.

Chef A'lor -"Fear is the path that leads to the burnt side", B.O.M.B.#6 Cmdr PacificPastramiPacking fleet
Wrangalorian#002, M.A.#179,  Draluram (mandalorian chef society)#018, Mando wraps#003 Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion)#25
I AM THE BEAST MASTER - "Wampa it's whats for dinner"

Kensnaps

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Celebration Anaheim 2022 Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #22 on: Jan 16, 2014, 10:59 AM »
but youtube and google are still my best friends.... 8)

I thought I was your bestest friend ever in the whole wide world. . .

I think it might need to look a little more, i don't know, Organic? Is that the word I'm looking for? I think so, organic. Yeah, can you make it look more organic?

Just kidding. I love that buzz lightyear car mod. That's absolutely amazing! Do you have any extras?

Ken Applegate, AKA KenSnaps or Ke Naastar
Batuu Clan, BVH
Exchequer help desk
discord: kensnaps#3632

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #23 on: Jan 16, 2014, 11:05 AM »

So while waiting for paint to dry, I started on my shin/knees. It's a leather base, and will have bone plates on top.  I've wet formed them and began the weathering process.

How did you harden the leather Carter? Been something that has eluded me on some holsters I'm making.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Carter

« Reply #24 on: Jan 16, 2014, 01:12 PM »
I thought I was your bestest friend ever in the whole wide world. . .

I think it might need to look a little more, i don't know, Organic? Is that the word I'm looking for? I think so, organic. Yeah, can you make it look more organic?
Just kidding. I love that buzz lightyear car mod. That's absolutely amazing! Do you have any extras?

Sorry picked that up at Good Will for 99 cents, but I'll keep an eye out.

How did you harden the leather Carter? Been something that has eluded me on some holsters I'm making.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Cut the pattern out, get a stock pot and fill it almost to the top with water and bring to a boil. Take it off the heat and add the leather, watch for all the little bubbles that come out of the leather.  When the bubbles start to slow down, take it out with tongs, place in mold and allow to dry.  This shrinks it.  The longer you boil it, the harder it will get and the more brittle as well.   Also the leather shrinks alittle as well.

M.A.J.I.C. #118

Kensnaps

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Celebration Anaheim 2022 Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #25 on: Jan 16, 2014, 01:39 PM »
Hm.. . . . boil it, you say? Good word!

Ken Applegate, AKA KenSnaps or Ke Naastar
Batuu Clan, BVH
Exchequer help desk
discord: kensnaps#3632

Carter

« Reply #26 on: Jan 16, 2014, 01:56 PM »
 :P

Here is a good link on that
http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/leather/hl.html

Also for holsters I've done in the past, I've covered the gun in plastic wrap, used a thin layer of clay to create the holster design, including symbols, ect on the front part, take a fiberglass cast of that, then use a thin layer of clay just shy of the thickness of your leather on the inside and make another fiberglass cast of the plug.  You scrape all the clay out, heat your leather like above and place in the mold.  Hmmm, maybe I should do a tutorial on that sometime....

« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2014, 09:34 AM by Carter » Logged
M.A.J.I.C. #118

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:51 AM »
I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one that would find that usefull to say the least Carter.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2014, 11:04 AM »
wow that looks amazing vod  :o absolutely loving the backpack you got there

Wyn Starhawk

• Strive to be better.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #29 on: Jan 24, 2014, 08:58 PM »
Loving the work here!  ;D The only thing that gets me is that I just don't see the helmet as looking Mandalorian. It just kinda looks like something from a medieval realm. Maybe it's just me though..

Enby. They/them.| Aliit Ori'shya Taldin

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!